+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2023 SPOUSAL PR **OUTLAND** Sponsorship

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
When I compare other applications in the Trackers from this year, this seems to vary wildly on a file-by-file basis, especially depending on the Visa office. Could be two months after medical. Could be ten months. No one knows.
Sadly, its true...

KClaire

Dec 4, 2023
Sadly, its true...
There were two people who posted in the July outland thread this morning - both finished medical in early October and got pre-arrival at the end of November. Processed in Sydney. So that seems like the absolute best case scenario. (I assume us September submissions all have to factor in a holiday slow-down, though?)

InspectorGrover

Sep 15, 2023
So an update on our file.

We had submitted Sept 15 (Canadian citizen in USA with US spouse) rejected Nov 9th due to a missing signature.

Resubmitted Nov 9th and today, December 20th, I got the CIC email: "This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2023/11/09 on behalf of the following member(s):".

There is a UIC number at the top, but no information about a VISA office. Is this my AOR? Thank you for any insight!

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
So an update on our file.

We had submitted Sept 15 (Canadian citizen in USA with US spouse) rejected Nov 9th due to a missing signature.

Resubmitted Nov 9th and today, December 20th, I got the CIC email: "This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2023/11/09 on behalf of the following member(s):".

There is a UIC number at the top, but no information about a VISA office. Is this my AOR? Thank you for any insight!
yep thats your AOR.

JSOL1

Sep 21, 2023
On GCKey under eligibility, it says:

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Doesn’t this normally say something about we will send you a message when we start reviewing eligibility? Or am I totally making things up here??

jadzj

Dec 19, 2019
Hello everyone,

Hope you are having some happy holidays. I received my AOR email on the 30th of November, and till now, no biometric nor medical requests. Is that normal ?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hello everyone,

Hope you are having some happy holidays. I received my AOR email on the 30th of November, and till now, no biometric nor medical requests. Is that normal ?
Shuu Mnih....
Ok what is NOT NORMAL is...you got AOR on 30th november, and you are updating all of us after so many days and only now when you did not get biometric or medical requests...thats definitely not normal.

But yes bro, if you look at the posts of different members, all are complaining slowing down of activity and progress in application since November. Enjoy your holidays and im sure you and all of us will hear something good in January.

Reactions: jadzj

Kali333

Dec 26, 2023
hello guys how are u? i just want to know that how much time they are taking for Marriage sponsorship (PR) from india and what is the exact process now..

S-Z

Dec 26, 2023
Hello everyone,

Hi there,

In some cases it is taking around a month or little more after AOR for biometric request and sponsor approval.
Medical requests I think vary depending on the case, principal applicant's country and the visa office.
I received biometric request after 36 days of AOR, waiting for medical request.

Good luck, biometric request and sponsor approval will arrive soon in January, 2024.

Raunak834

Oct 25, 2023
My background checking in progress. From 18nov to till and no elegibilty starting....
Does any one is in same situation???
Or anyone recived any upation for pre arrival ??

Kali333

Dec 26, 2023
Does any one have idea , my pr spouse file submitted on 11/09/2023 outland canada
M from india ,my husband is in canada.
Still no upation, i submitted my file through agent, is there any way so i can track my file, if any one knows please confirm.
may i knw k from which agent u filled ur case..

sandesh1947

Oct 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Oct 26 2020
Greetings everyone,

I had submitted a visitor visa application for my spouse on November 30th, 2023, following the receipt of the AOR and Sponsor approval. I'm delighted to share that the visitor visa has been approved. It's a significant relief considering we had faced two previous rejections (in December 2022 and May 2023) before our marriage. Now, she can travel without any hindrance.

If someone is advising you that applying for a visitor visa is futile due to expected rejection, disregard such opinions. Ensure you submit a comprehensive and well-written application to enhance your chances of approval. Never lose hope simply based on online information!

I appreciate all the support and information provided

Last edited:
Reactions: Oti0205

hamzapervaiz

Nov 17, 2019
We had some good progress in the last few weeks, and now I suppose we are in for another long wait. AOR on Nov 22 and SA almost minutes later on the same day. Medical request next on Nov 28 and passed in GC Key on Dec 7. Biometrics request on Dec 7th, as well, and completed on the 11th. We paid our biometrics fees late and got a request from the IRCC for the fee in mid-November, so I assume that's why our biometrics were requested after the medical. Background is processing on GC Key but eligibility hasn't moved.
Hey, what do you mean you submitted for biometrics fees late? In my scenario I did not pay for my biometrics because she already had her biometrics done earlier when I applied for her TRV before spousal application (which was rejected). Now I heard from everyone that for PR application we need to give Biometrics again. So I was thinking what would be the way to submit the fee again for my PR application. Can you please guide regarding that?