+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 Intake, Lets connect!

sd999

May 9, 2022
does it mean, that if one differ to January intake and the visa comes out in september, one can travel october or november to Canada pending school resumption in January?

my file is lodged 14th June and awaiting decision
Good question. If someone knows answer to this, please tell us.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
does it mean, that if one differ to January intake and the visa comes out in september, one can travel october or november to Canada pending school resumption in January?

It seems the answer to your question is "yea", but I would suggest you ask your university or college for confirmation. What I know for sure, is that you can not start working until you start your studies, so you might be able to stay in Canada from October or November, but not work there prior to the beginning of your semester. My university made a clear notice to all students on this. However, they as yet to comment on the new policy of entry time for students. So, you have to ask your university for details.

Reactions: LeeLe

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021

We honestly have the same question but I think the immigration "non official" criteria for not raising any flags is to arrive not before one month from the start of studies. At least based on everything I've read.

Some people argue that if you arrive two or three months before, you are just begging to have to answer additional questions from the VO, which may be detrimental to you in the long run. He may even consider that because you are staying for additional months, that you would require more funds to support yourself. Those are comments I've read online and have zero evidence that they are true but they do make sense if you think about it.

Reactions: parrots

gabbi199823

Aug 14, 2022
Hi everyone,

Just received my approval recently thru SDS in the Philippines.

I just want to confirm if I am able to travel a week after my classes start (Sept. 6.). Airline prices have surged to unreasonable prices (+2000$) and most of the itineraries have layover in the US, which I doesn't have any visa. The only issue I'm having is that will my PGWP be affected? I am currently enrolled in a 8 month post graduate certificate in Seneca and my study permit is already approved. My classes are also flexible meaning I could attend classes online.

As I've read on IRCC website regarding PGWP, the minimum length of PGWP is 8months given that you've studied inside Canada, so if I'll attend online classes outside Canada for a week, am I ineligible then?

wakongah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2022
Hi everyone,

I just want to confirm if I am able to travel a week after my classes start (Sept. 6.). Airline prices have surged to unreasonable prices (+2000$) and most of the itineraries have layover in the US, which I doesn't have any visa. The only issue I'm having is that will my PGWP be affected? I am currently enrolled in a 8 month post graduate certificate in Seneca and my study permit is already approved. My classes are also flexible meaning I could attend classes online.

As I've read on IRCC website regarding PGWP, the minimum length of PGWP is 8months given that you've studied inside Canada, so if I'll attend online classes outside Canada for a week, am I ineligible then?
Sorry I don’t know the answer to your question, but would you mind sharing your timeline please?

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
We honestly have the same question but I think the immigration "non official" criteria for not raising any flags is to arrive not before one month from the start of studies. At least based on everything I've read.

Some people argue that if you arrive two or three months before, you are just begging to have to answer additional questions from the VO, which may be detrimental to you in the long run. He may even consider that because you are staying for additional months, that you would require more funds to support yourself. Those are comments I've read online and have zero evidence that they are true but they do make sense if you think about it.

Well said, totally agree on this.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hi everyone,

It's probably best for you to consult with your college, they will be able to tell you for sure. A personal question (cause I haven't looked into this issue), isn't 8 months too short for PGWP? I always thought at least 1 year is required for a 1 year PGWP and 2 years for a 3 years PGWP. Isn't that so? What I know for sure, though, is that in 2021 IRCC counted online classes taken outside Canada towards students' future PGWP. However, it seems to me this policy does not apply for Fall 2022 entry. Better check with your college ;) By the way, 2000$ for tickets seems a great deal, the tickets from China are no less than 4000$

• Wow
Reactions: Geet7

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
It's probably best for you to consult with your college, they will be able to tell you for sure. A personal question (cause I haven't looked into this issue), isn't 8 months too short for PGWP? I always thought at least 1 year is required for a 1 year PGWP and 2 years for a 3 years PGWP. Isn't that so? What I know for sure, though, is that in 2021 IRCC counted online classes taken outside Canada towards students' future PGWP. However, it seems to me this policy does not apply for Fall 2022 entry. Better check with your college ;) By the way, 2000$ for tickets seems a great deal, the tickets from China are no less than 4000$
This is what I found on distance learning and PGWP eligibility from IRCC:

All students who were enrolled in a PGWP-eligible program in progress in March 2020 or who started a program of study from spring 2020 up to and including the summer 2022 semester are not required to complete 50% of their program (or programs) of study in Canada. Up to 100% of their program can be completed online from outside Canada.

Time spent studying outside of Canada can be counted toward the overall length of the PGWP until August 31, 2022. Any time spent studying outside of Canada after August 31, 2022, should be deducted from the length of the PGWP.

Note: The minimum length of time a PGWP should be issued for is 8 months.

Here's the link: Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP): COVID-19 program delivery - Canada.ca

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
This is what I found on distance learning and PGWP eligibility from IRCC:

All students who were enrolled in a PGWP-eligible program in progress in March 2020 or who started a program of study from spring 2020 up to and including the summer 2022 semester are not required to complete 50% of their program (or programs) of study in Canada. Up to 100% of their program can be completed online from outside Canada.

Time spent studying outside of Canada can be counted toward the overall length of the PGWP until August 31, 2022. Any time spent studying outside of Canada after August 31, 2022, should be deducted from the length of the PGWP.

Note: The minimum length of time a PGWP should be issued for is 8 months.

Here's the link: Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP): COVID-19 program delivery - Canada.ca
Super! Thanks so much for this! ;)

ssup2406

Star Member
Jul 7, 2022
@gabbi199823 do let us know what your college tells you. I am in a similar situation. I will also inform you folks of what my DLI tells me.

This is what I found in an almost 10 year old post, thanks @vimalind for your response there.
Inform college first that your arrival date and Date of joining, once they agree. take the communication email print out along with you while POE. usually u wont get any trouble. but for the safer side have the paper copy of communication with university reply.

You wont get any issue or deport until you've valid passport and good communication with proposed university. 8)

ssup2406

Star Member
Jul 7, 2022
@gabbi199823 do let us know what your college tells you. I am in a similar situation. I will also inform you folks of what my DLI tells me.

This is what I found in an almost 10 year old post, thanks @vimalind for your response there.
I had booked for 6th September still expensive though not as much as earlier flights. My DLI said that arriving on the same day (in the late-afternoon) as the session should not be a problem in their opinion, but they said to keep the email conversation with my research director handy to show as proof that he has approved the arrival on the 6th, and also be ready to show proof that the classes begin on the next day on the college portal. All this since the letter of acceptance/admission offer states that I have to be present in the DLI from the start of the session i.e. 6th , and on top of that the proof of enrollment document states that classes begin on the 5th, which is a holiday technically but some courses indeed begin on the 5th itself.

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
First refusal on August 13 and reapplied on August 18 under non sds category. Sepetmber intake 2022.
medical updated on August 23.

For first time application after biometric update refusal came. Medical was not updated. But this second time application Medical is updated. Is it good sign for approval?

Is someone in same boat?

abroshan18

Star Member
Jun 22, 2022
First refusal on August 13 and reapplied on August 18 under non sds category. Sepetmber intake 2022.
medical updated on August 23.

For first time application after biometric update refusal came. Medical was not updated. But this second time application Medical is updated. Is it good sign for approval?

Is someone in same boat?
It is a good sign . Which college?