My timeline

applied May 11th
Eligibility review started towards end of June
Medicals updated July 22nd
Correspondence letter arrived 3rd August
PPR by 4th August

i have a question though
My school gave a deadline to confirm visa status for August 12th
And I just sent passport don’t know how long it would take to recieve it back.
should I defer my admission?
If I do can I still enter Canada by this month with my visa even though I’d be deferring to January
I’d appreciate replies
Thanks

Reactions: Preshberry

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hi all so
My timeline

applied May 11th
PPR by 4th August

i have a question though
If I do can I still enter Canada by this month with my visa even though I’d be deferring to January
I’d appreciate replies
Thanks
Congratulations on your PPR :D

According to the rules of the Study Permit, you can enter Canada ONLY 28 days prior to the start of your program. This means that you can not enter Canada this August and start your program in January.

It seems that a lot of people are getting there passports stamped pretty fast. So, you should receive it by 12 August. Alternatively, you can send your PPR to the university as a proof that you have got your approval and are waiting for your passport back. Good luck!

Reactions: Preshberry

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021

According to the rules of the Study Permit, you can enter Canada ONLY 28 days prior to the start of your program. This means that you can not enter Canada this August and start your program in January.

It seems that a lot of people are getting there passports stamped pretty fast. So, you should receive it by 12 August. Alternatively, you can send your PPR to the university as a proof that you have got your approval and are waiting for your passport back. Good luck!
From where did you get the information that you can only enter Canada 28 days prior to the start of the study program?

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021

I just found this information in the IRCC website regarding when can someone enter Canada before they start studying:

How early can you arrive in Canada before you start studying
There is no set time frame for you to arrive in Canada before you begin your studies. You should just arrive to give yourself a reasonable amount of time to prepare before you start studying.

Here is the link of reference: Study permit: Prepare for arrival - Canada.ca

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
I just found this information in the IRCC website regarding when can someone enter Canada before they start studying:

How early can you arrive in Canada before you start studying
There is no set time frame for you to arrive in Canada before you begin your studies. You should just arrive to give yourself a reasonable amount of time to prepare before you start studying.

Here is the link of reference: Study permit: Prepare for arrival - Canada.ca
Oh, wow! IRCC has changed its policy on this, it's a news! Previously, they had 28 days rule stated on their website as well. Also, some students recently asked on my university Student Support Forum and the university also told us we have to arrive no earlier than 28 days. So, this is such a new development that even the university still doesn't know about it. Maybe I should tell them :p Such a great news, makes a lot of things easier!

Can_do

Jul 6, 2022
My SDS application timeline is as follows :

Application submitted: 1st July
Biometrics given: 7th July
Medical: not updated (Upfront medicals done: 2nd May)
Background check: in progress
Review of eligibility: in progress; will send a msg when start review

Considering the current pace of application processing, do I stand a chance of my application being processed before Fall intake?
Any pointers will ease the stress being built up.

Last edited:

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
My SDS application timeline is as follows :

Biometrics given: 7th July
Medical: not updated (Upfront medicals done: 2nd May)
Background check: in progress
Review of eligibility: in progress; will send a msg when start review

Considering the current pace of application processing, do I stand a chance of my application being processed before Fall intake?
Any pointers will ease the stress being built up.
You should at least know your University / College timeline and important dates to know and plan accordingly when is the last day to pay the fees, when is the last day to inform about a deferral, ask them if it's possible to defer your intake, etc.

Know the dates and the rules so that you don't get surprised later down the road...

Preshberry

Star Member
Oct 18, 2021
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Nairobi
VISA ISSUED...
06-10-2022
LANDED..........
13-12-2022
I've raised several webforms and sent countless emails and have received zero replies from the Buenos Aires - Argentina VO. It's ridiculous the lack of support IRCC provides for applicants. The sad part is there is nothing more to do than wait.
finally! congratulations to you

Reactions: Geet7

Preshberry

Star Member
Oct 18, 2021
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Nairobi
VISA ISSUED...
06-10-2022
LANDED..........
13-12-2022
Hi all so
My timeline

applied May 11th
PPR by 4th August

i have a question though
I’d appreciate replies
Thanks

Funny you! PPR means your Visa is approved. so update your school with the correspondence you got from IRCC and your travel date. you have the whole of today and tomorrow. make use of it

Reactions: parrots

sudubey

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015

How long does it takes to get passport stamped for Visa, if submitted in-person. Just want to do back counting. As my Son having 23rd night flight and didn't received PPR yet, Medical updated on Aug 9th. (May 26 submission)

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
How long does it takes to get passport stamped for Visa, if submitted in-person. Just want to do back counting. As my Son having 23rd night flight and didn't received PPR yet, Medical updated on Aug 9th. (May 26 submission)
You should not book a flight until you receive your passport stamped or at least, you should buy a flexible ticket.

Regarding the passport stamping from the moment you submit your document, for what I've read it widely difers from country to country. Short answer, it could take one week or several weeks... no way of knowing for sure.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Don't rush with a 28-day entrance rule because it has been cancelled. The IRCC has allowed students to enter any time at their convenience. Have a look in the chat thread, previously Geet7 helpfully posted a link here on update ;)

Preshberry

Star Member
Oct 18, 2021
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Nairobi
VISA ISSUED...
06-10-2022
LANDED..........
13-12-2022
Don't rush with a 28-day entrance rule because it has been cancelled. The IRCC has allowed students to enter any time at their convenience. Have a look in the chat thread, previously Geet7 helpfully posted a link here on update ;)
does it mean, that if one differ to January intake and the visa comes out in september, one can travel october or november to Canada pending school resumption in January?

my file is lodged 14th June and awaiting decision