+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

Ranash

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
@ady_997 and @dalal.ganesh : I would wait for the email to come in my inbox and will no longer believe what is happening on my tracker.

LPP Complete : Sep 20 (Tracker date Sep 20)
Ceremony marked In progress : Sep 23 (Tracker date Sep 26)
Ceremony Date reflected in tracker : Oct 5 (Tracker Date Oct 5) --> Oath Date : Oct 24
Ceremony Date Removed from tracker : Oct 14 (Tracker Date Oct 14)

Email Scarborough office on Monday Oct 16 inquiring what is happening and they replied that Tracker updates are not final.
Maybe they canceled the ceremony at that date, I can’t see SCR ceremony on 24 Oct

saloni2210

Mar 20, 2023
Hi Guys,
This is about my husband's application. AOR - October 26, 2022 and Background completed Jan 2023. Since then no update (no test invite either).
Any understanding below GCMS snippets would be helpful:
App Status Reason: In progress-CP
Group#:2-z9o0w16
Criminality Requests
RCMP/CSIS: Y
Criminality passed
Office: CPC Sydney

CLEARANCES
SECURITY
SECURITY: 1
Type Security Clearance

Sub activities
Type CIT RCMP Screening - no reportable trace

Its been 9 months since background check was completed. I am not sure whats the delay about. We contacted MP and they said IRCC is doing some additional screening checks so no idea how long this is going to take.

Thanks

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Maybe they canceled the ceremony at that date, I can’t see SCR ceremony on 24 Oct
I chatted with someone here and they had same date and got their email on Oct 13th.
The ceremony link only shows in person oaths, I think. This must be a virtual one.

Reactions: Ranash

ady_997

Aug 20, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
23-12-2016
IELTS Request
Up front
Med's Done....
16-01-2017
Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
waiting
Hi Guys,
This is about my husband's application. AOR - October 26, 2022 and Background completed Jan 2023. Since then no update (no test invite either).
Any understanding below GCMS snippets would be helpful:
App Status Reason: In progress-CP
Group#:2-z9o0w16
Criminality Requests
RCMP/CSIS: Y
Criminality passed
Office: CPC Sydney

CLEARANCES
SECURITY
SECURITY: 1
Type Security Clearance

Sub activities
Type CIT RCMP Screening - no reportable trace

Its been 9 months since background check was completed. I am not sure whats the delay about. We contacted MP and they said IRCC is doing some additional screening checks so no idea how long this is going to take.

Thanks
something doesn't make sense. because how can there be additional checks if BG is already completed? i got the same response from my MP but back when my BG was in progress.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
WTH. what is the point of having a tracker in the first place then. ridiculous.

well i hope you get an email soon and we also get this last update/email sooner then later. the whole process is pathetic and doesn't make sense at all
It does not make any sense! Back to the "waiting"!

saloni2210

Mar 20, 2023
something doesn't make sense. because how can there be additional checks if BG is already completed? i got the same response from my MP but back when my BG was in progress.
Thats exactly what I have been trying to explain to the MP office person however they say there are still additional checks IRCC does, and that they won't share any additional info.

saifjack021

Nov 4, 2015
Hi everyone, I hope you are all doing well and either have your passports or are close to reaching your final destination, the ceremony. I'm thrilled to have a Canadian passport. It's very powerful. I use it frequently to travel around the world with my family. I've been to the US three times, the UK twice, and Paris once. No questions are asked at immigration. We even have separate lines in the UK. So, I'm a truly proud Canadian now.

Ivonnewrites

Dec 28, 2018
UPDATE: Got an email with a PDF with a notice: Important information regarding your electronic Canadian Citizenship Certificate (e-Certificate)
I guess we will be getting our oath invitation this week!

Reactions: myra20sharma