+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

Simplesim

Star Member
Jul 11, 2015
Hey team if someone applied for surrender ship certificate, can you please answer below questions.
Since we have CGI Vancouver office. I will be applying online. Can someone please help me with below questions please
1) Amount per person mentioned on website is $129.40 however I read few post (walk-in ones) they had to pay more not sure on the final amount
2) Also,Do we have to submit Canadian Passport as well?
3) Indian Passport only the latest one I believe, we need original and first and last 2 pages
4) Copy of Canadian certificate
5) Proof of address
6) Photo With no Stamp required.
7) Application form
8) Checklist

Can someone please confirm on this.

Thanks,

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Hey team if someone applied for surrender ship certificate, can you please answer below questions.
Since we have CGI Vancouver office. I will be applying online. Can someone please help me with below questions please
1) Amount per person mentioned on website is $129.40 however I read few post (walk-in ones) they had to pay more not sure on the final amount
2) Also,Do we have to submit Canadian Passport as well?
3) Indian Passport only the latest one I believe, we need original and first and last 2 pages
4) Copy of Canadian certificate
5) Proof of address
6) Photo With no Stamp required.
7) Application form
8) Checklist

Can someone please confirm on this.

Thanks,
I haven't applied yet but would be doing walk in this month. I did speak to BLS and they advised me-

1) Amount per person mentioned on website is $129.40 however I read few post (walk-in ones) they had to pay more not sure on the final amount- The fee is the one you mentioned, they may have paid extra in case ( if they may had wrong photos clicked or dint brought a copy)
2) Also,Do we have to submit Canadian Passport as well?- No you don't have to. BLS confirmed this to me on phone. If going in person, then you need to bring originals of all documents for verification.
3) Indian Passport only the latest one I believe, we need original and first and last 2 pages- I included the expired one too. To be on the safer side.
4) Copy of Canadian certificate- Correct
5) Proof of address- Correct
6) Photo With no Stamp required.- I got it stamped regardless as it's been a habit, but yeah there is no mention of such thing. Doesn't matter if you get it stamped.
7) Application form- Correct
8) Checklist- Correct

Simplesim

Star Member
Jul 11, 2015
Th
I haven't applied yet but would be doing walk in this month. I did speak to BLS and they advised me-

1) Amount per person mentioned on website is $129.40 however I read few post (walk-in ones) they had to pay more not sure on the final amount- The fee is the one you mentioned, they may have paid extra in case ( if they may had wrong photos clicked or dint brought a copy)
2) Also,Do we have to submit Canadian Passport as well?- No you don't have to. BLS confirmed this to me on phone. If going in person, then you need to bring originals of all documents for verification.
3) Indian Passport only the latest one I believe, we need original and first and last 2 pages- I included the expired one too. To be on the safer side.
4) Copy of Canadian certificate- Correct
5) Proof of address- Correct
6) Photo With no Stamp required.- I got it stamped regardless as it's been a habit, but yeah there is no mention of such thing. Doesn't matter if you get it stamped.
7) Application form- Correct
8) Checklist- Correct
Thanks Sandy, for the quick revert. Also I am assuming I can make single DD for both the applicants application? does that matter?

yusufjh

Jul 10, 2017
Hi All,
I completed my oath ceremony on July 13th but I am yet to receive my citizenship certificate. I emailed the oath office and they said that wait up to 4 weeks to receive the certificate. What are my options?

Oksh1995

Jan 7, 2019
Hi All,
I completed my oath ceremony on July 13th but I am yet to receive my citizenship certificate. I emailed the oath office and they said that wait up to 4 weeks to receive the certificate. What are my options?
Did the office tell you when it was shipped? Usually the day your application closed is the day they shipped it
Mine was shipped Monday , still nothing too

Last edited:

yusufjh

Jul 10, 2017
Did the office tell you when it was shipped? Usually the day your application closed is the day they shipped it
Mine was shipped Monday , still nothing too
My application closed on 14th. They didn’t mention when was it shipped. But I haven’t received the certificate. I live in a condo with small mailboxes. So i am wondering may be it was returned. I am thinking of checking at nearest canada post office

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
My application closed on 14th. They didn’t mention when was it shipped. But I haven’t received the certificate. I live in a condo with small mailboxes. So i am wondering may be it was returned. I am thinking of checking at nearest canada post office
Call IRCC, they will let you know if it's shipped or not

Oksh1995

Jan 7, 2019
That makes me worried and feel that I probably should have asked for e-cert ..

let’s see how this week turns out

sam266

Jan 31, 2023
Yeah you should get it by this week. I have to pick up my passport tomorrow, the guy who submitted mine was like just a FYI, it will be an old passport. :D I was like the amount of time I have waited, give me anything I don't mind
@Sandy.gal Did you get the passport ? Is it new or old ?

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Hi, I have a question for anyone who has their Canadian passport. It says on Page 3, I have to sign to make the passport valid. Did any sign on it? Also on Page 4, it ask to write permanent residence details(street, province and country) and contact info of person in emergency cases. What if I don't have a permanent residence and move to a different address?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ranash