+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Hey can I ask you another question. this might sound stupid lol but on the passport application one of the question is "mother's surname at birth" under personal information. Do you know if they are talking about her birth or mine? It doesn't specify whose birth they asking this information for!!
It's mother's birth... To explain:
It's your mother's maiden name before she got married... If she has changed her name after marriage(s), it's the one that's on her birth certificate

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
It's mother's birth... To explain:
It's your mother's maiden name before she got married... If she has changed her name after marriage(s), it's the one that's on her birth certificate
Oh ok lol. That is stupid. like how this info will be used ful to them.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
I feel it's more like a security question.
Yeah. The only thing is paperwork in our parents time never used to be correct. My mother doesn't even have any proofs to prove her last name before marriage. So I just hope this doesn't cause any issue in the future.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
I did , they responded quick saying that I’ll receive the email 1 week before the ceremony

now I am confused , am not at that 1 week mark now? ..
You are. Today is the first day in your 6 day period. Even if they don't count the ceremony day as 6th day, then also your 1st day was yesterday.

harmaine

Star Member
Apr 6, 2023
Yeah. The only thing is paperwork in our parents time never used to be correct. My mother doesn't even have any proofs to prove her last name before marriage. So I just hope this doesn't cause any issue in the future.
Its all just paperwork (in simplest terms). As long as the the information that you provide on your passport form matches with the official paperwork that your mother has - it should not cause any issues going forward.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Its all just paperwork (in simplest terms). As long as the the information that you provide on your passport form matches with the official paperwork that your mother has - it should not cause any issues going forward.
My mother lives in India. And these people won't have any record of it to match. I mean what can you say, you just give what they ask for Lol!!

harmaine

Star Member
Apr 6, 2023
My mother lives in India. And these people won't have any record of it to match. I mean what can you say, you just give what they ask for Lol!!
Yeah 100% lol and the only way probably is to look for your mum's father's birth certificate to check for surname which, in India, I know is easier said than done lol 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Sandy.gal