+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

citizen2023

Jun 14, 2023
Curious to know what the rescheduling process was like? Did you receive the ceremony request before your travel to the US or were you in the US when you received the request?
I received OATH requeste before my travel to US and I sent them email mentioning that i am travellig to US and would need date.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Can someone advise contact number for status of citizenship application
It's (888) 242-2100 but these days not worth trying as they are very busy and not even letting you enter the queue. Or try calling them early in the morning.

ryanwilson

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Maybe try sending an email where you received your test invite or thru web form. That's what I did, first they response right away saying that we were on que for oath then two weeks after that I received our oath invitation letter. Good luck!
I replied to the office that sent my test invite(NGF office) and they replied right away saying i should expect to be invited to Oath ceremony 3-4 months from the time my application is approved, which was approved today

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
I replied to the office that sent my test invite(NGF office) and they replied right away saying i should expect to be invited to Oath ceremony 3-4 months from the time my application is approved, which was approved today
Hey so you just emailed them asking when you can expect the oath ceremony?

ryanwilson

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Hey so you just emailed them asking when you can expect the oath ceremony?
Ya i pretty much let them know that i have travel plans at the end of August,i completed my test at the end of March and i know it roughly takes 4-6 months to receive the oath from test completion date. Just curious on the status and what my options are if i receive the oath invitation in August as i would be cutting it close to my travel date

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Ya i pretty much let them know that i have travel plans at the end of August,i completed my test at the end of March and i know it roughly takes 4-6 months to receive the oath from test completion date. Just curious on the status and what my options are if i receive the oath invitation in August as i would be cutting it close to my travel date
Oh I see. Is your LPP marked complete?

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Nope, it still showing as "In Progress"
Ah okay. I was thinking of emailing them as I am just waiting on my oath. I am seeing SCR applicant who applied after me already got their invites so wasn't sure what is happening with mine. Cool thanks I am gonna see if emailing them helps.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Ah okay. I was thinking of emailing them as I am just waiting on my oath. I am seeing SCR applicant who applied after me already got their invites so wasn't sure what is happening with mine. Cool thanks I am gonna see if emailing them helps.
I am still waiting for my LPP to go green. There is no certain trend for SCR office. :-(

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
I am still waiting for my LPP to go green. There is no certain trend for SCR office. :-(
I totally connect with you as I was on the same boat as you are. Trust me it will come soon for you too. Given that they told you that your file is already at Sydney office that is a good sign that your LPP has already started. Just a matter of them marking it complete once they get your file back in SCR. Don't loose hope, it will be happening soon :)

Reactions: myra20sharma