Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
Today I and my spouse received official emails to attend oath ceremony scheduled for 24th June , Surprisingly we have been asked to be in person Coburg , Ontario which is like 60 KM from where i live . Don't have option anyways will reach there as instructed and my office is Scarborough .

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Today I and my spouse received official emails to attend oath ceremony scheduled for 24th June , Surprisingly we have been asked to be in person Coburg , Ontario which is like 60 KM from where i live . Don't have option anyways will reach there as instructed and my office is Scarborough .
Congratulations!! Bright side you will get your certificate right away. Good luck!!

Reactions: Gurindar

Oksh1995

Jan 7, 2019
I genuinely lost all hope about getting LPP completed this year, I stopped checking the tracker “sigh”

completed test in February and it’s been over 4 months

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
I genuinely lost all hope about getting LPP completed this year, I stopped checking the tracker “sigh”

completed test in February and it’s been over 4 months
I completed my test in November and nothing since :(

cvda

Feb 22, 2023
quick question!
when applying for passport do they use the photos provided in application or do they take new photos on the spot?
Photos have to be taken by professional photographer; their name and address written on the back of the photo signed by guarantor [I did it in Staples, they have a standard seal for this]

Reactions: ShopramperX

ryanwilson

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Hey guys, need your professional advice/opinion. I completed my test on the 27th of March and looking at the trend, it looks like the average wait time is 4-6 months for the oath(I know the average may be skewed with the recent strike). I have travel booked starting August 29th(wedding), now if i get the oath(hopefully) in June/July i think i should be ok but if my oath is in August(5th month from Test completion), i may be cutting it short with getting my hands on the passport. What are your guys thoughts or what options do you think i have or am i overthinking this all? Thanks

lcpng

Star Member
Sep 30, 2022
Hey guys, need your professional advice/opinion. I completed my test on the 27th of March and looking at the trend, it looks like the average wait time is 4-6 months for the oath(I know the average may be skewed with the recent strike). I have travel booked starting August 29th(wedding), now if i get the oath(hopefully) in June/July i think i should be ok but if my oath is in August(5th month from Test completion), i may be cutting it short with getting my hands on the passport. What are your guys thoughts or what options do you think i have or am i overthinking this all? Thanks
Maybe try sending an email where you received your test invite or thru web form. That's what I did, first they response right away saying that we were on que for oath then two weeks after that I received our oath invitation letter. Good luck!

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Thankyou , Another Bright side is to actual feel it with physically people around along with the officials . :)
trust me, the drive will be worth it! it is a great feel to be a part of the in-person ceremony. spend 2 hours there, and then go for a nice lunch with your fresh-out-of-the-oven citizenship certificate :)

• Haha
Reactions: Gurindar

citizen2023

Jun 14, 2023
Hello Folks,

I got the ceremony request for May 13th but i had to reschedule it as i was travellign to USA. I have been informed by Mississauga office to provide the proof of the return e.g. Boardign pass to get the new date. I sent them email on May 26th after returning to Canada and since then i am waiting for the new OATH Ceremony date. Is there any way i can expedite this request as i have some plans in August to trvale outside CANADA.

Last edited:

ryanwilson

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Hello Folks,

I got the ceremony request for May 13th but i had to reschedule it as i was travellign to USA. I have been informed by Mississauga office to provide the proof of the return e.g. Boardign pass to get the new date. I sent them email on May 26th and since then i am waiting for the new OATH Ceremony date. Is there any way i can expedite this request as i have some plans in August to trvale outside CANADA.
Curious to know what the rescheduling process was like? Did you receive the ceremony request before your travel to the US or were you in the US when you received the request?