+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

tiktoklady

Jun 14, 2022
This is further to your request under the Privacy Act, which was received on March 4, 2023, for the following records:

The application, supporting documents and correspondences sent to and/or from IRCC for the citizenship file concerning

I wish to inform you that, in accordance with the Privacy Act, an extension of 30 days beyond the statutory 30 day limit is necessary to process your request. This extension is required in order to undertake consultations that are necessary to comply with the request that cannot reasonably be completed within the original time limit.

Considering the extension, your request is now due on July 3, 2023

- Can any one tell me what could be reason for not sending ATIP or GCMS notes they are postponing every month ,any idea or suggestions

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
This is further to your request under the Privacy Act, which was received on March 4, 2023, for the following records:

The application, supporting documents and correspondences sent to and/or from IRCC for the citizenship file concerning

I wish to inform you that, in accordance with the Privacy Act, an extension of 30 days beyond the statutory 30 day limit is necessary to process your request. This extension is required in order to undertake consultations that are necessary to comply with the request that cannot reasonably be completed within the original time limit.

- Can any one tell me what could be reason for not sending ATIP or GCMS notes they are postponing every month ,any idea or suggestions
Hey, I ordered my notes as well on May 7th and got it on the exact 30th day. When did you order the notes?

CHIOMA OSSAI

May 30, 2020

Because you order for supporting documents in the applications instead of just status update that people usually go for, you’re requires them to share files in your application

harmaine

Star Member
Apr 6, 2023
oh no!! That is no good. Why don't you email the office?
Yeah I did send a webform about 10 days ago but just like "ceremony not started" their response to the webform hasn't started yet either lol!! I might send an email to MIS as you say. Cheers!

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Yeah I did send a webform about 10 days ago but just like "ceremony not started" their response to the webform hasn't started yet either lol!! I might send an email to MIS as you say. Cheers!
Yeah!! Email the office. Would be much better.

harmaine

Star Member
Apr 6, 2023
Yeah!! Email the office. Would be much better.
So I emailed cic-mississauga-citizenship@cic.gc.ca and got a response about 10 mins later! although it was not what I was expecting or had inquired about. In the response they said "we received your explanation for missing the ceremony. Your application is in the queue to be rescheduled for a ceremony but we cannot provide you with a specific time frame... "

The truth is that my ceremony has not even started yet on the tracker !!

Seems like a generic response - makes me wonder whether anyone else had the same experience as well...

Although to be fair to them the auto reply from the above mentioned inbox states that this inbox is only for sending :
  1. Completed oath forms
  2. Additional documents
  3. Missed ceremonies

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
So I emailed cic-mississauga-citizenship@cic.gc.ca and got a response about 10 mins later! although it was not what I was expecting or had inquired about. In the response they said "we received your explanation for missing the ceremony. Your application is in the queue to be rescheduled for a ceremony but we cannot provide you with a specific time frame... "

The truth is that my ceremony has not even started yet on the tracker !!

Seems like a generic response - makes me wonder whether anyone else had the same experience as well...

Although to be fair to them the auto reply from the above mentioned inbox states that this inbox is only for sending :
  1. Completed oath forms
  2. Additional documents
  3. Missed ceremonies
Wow not too surprised. It's the same thing when you call them. Same repetitive explanation they give you. Honestly nothing much you can do but wait.

saifjack021

Nov 4, 2015
I saw this on FB. One guy got his citizenship after 8 years

“Hello everyone thanks for the group Finally I got my passport today thanks god 
Application filed filed Jule 6 2015
Updated pro habitations . Aug 26 2016
Updated physical Sep 15 2016
Updated test Sep 15 2016
Updated Background Apr 26 2023
Oath May 16 2023”

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other

Updated test Sep 15 2016
Oath May 16 2023”
Omg!! That is CRAZYYY

NzKhn

May 1, 2018
New Brunswick
LANDED..........
17-06-2019
I purchased a small Frame and will put my PR back with clear tape and hang it on my wall, it seems like a piece of plastic but will remind me forever the hell I have been through to get to this stage, I hope I do not cry on the day.
I have done the same with mine lol - that frame will have pride of place in my home now :p

Today the application was marked "Closed" on the tracker, a week after the Oath Ceremony
Hopefully the certificate will come soon

Happily able to say "I am a Canadian, eh!" now :D

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
I have done the same with mine lol - that frame will have pride of place in my home now :p

Today the application was marked "Closed" on the tracker, a week after the Oath Ceremony
Hopefully the certificate will come soon

Happily able to say "I am a Canadian, eh!" now :D
Congratulations!!

Ranash

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019

Updated test Sep 15 2016
Oath May 16 2023”
That’s why ppl get frustrated and anxious because we don’t know who’s the next IRCC victim, whether you applied last week or last year we are all in the same nerve wracking game