+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

wtexan

Feb 6, 2019
It's for someone who were residing outside Canada with Canadian spouse or common-law partner, or permanent resident spouse, common- law-partner, or parent, who was employed outside Canada in or with the Canadian Armed Forces, the federal public administration or the public service of a province or territory, otherwise than as a locally engaged person.
Mainly for crown servants
So our situation , we have another home in Mexico but no jobs, seniors. my wife has her PR

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Do we have to stay in Canada when she applies for citizenship
As far I am aware of she only has to be physically present in Canada when scheduled for interview and for oath. For test also if you are giving it from outside then you have to let them know.

NzKhn

May 1, 2018
New Brunswick
LANDED..........
17-06-2019
I had mine today, I’d recommend checking all your video and audio settings beforehand, and connect to the meeting half an hour ahead, that way you’ll be inmediately let in as soon as an officer is there, I was let in 20mins before the start time. It was just a bunch of us hanging around waiting for people to connect so they could begin registration. Keep your mic muted until told otherwise, it was a loud mess today with a bunch of unmuted people in the waiting room, don’t use any zoom background or blur.

I noticed most people had cute back setups with flags and balloons (i didnt lol). Once registration starts you’ll be moved to a private room with an officer who will explain everything, confirm your ID and watch you cut up your PR card. After that, ceremony starts, they play a video about the beauty of Canada, then do the oath in both languages, and Bob’s your uncle! Welcome home! ❤
Congratulations and thank you!

My partner and I had our Oath ceremony yesterday and it was pretty much the same, right down to people not muting their microphones! Lol
I have to admit, I was a little bit emotional when cutting up the PR card, considering how hard we all worked to get those cards.

But otherwise everything went smoothly!
Now just have to wait to receive the certificate and apply for the passport!

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Congratulations and thank you!

My partner and I had our Oath ceremony yesterday and it was pretty much the same, right down to people not muting their microphones! Lol
I have to admit, I was a little bit emotional when cutting up the PR card, considering how hard we all worked to get those cards.

But otherwise everything went smoothly!
Now just have to wait to receive the certificate and apply for the passport!
I purchased a small Frame and will put my PR back with clear tape and hang it on my wall, it seems like a piece of plastic but will remind me forever the hell I have been through to get to this stage, I hope I do not cry on the day.

Reactions: NzKhn

Ranash

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
Hi All, I am happy to share that our LPP has been marked completed on June 3rd,2023. Admin please update. My SCR fellows keep an eye on your trackers, update coming very soon for you all too.
Oh my God soooo glad for you ,
Hope you end this journey as soon as possible

• Love
Reactions: Sandy.gal

Sara_3107

Sep 15, 2022
Montréal
App. Filed.......
07-09-2022
AOR Received.
13-09-2022
;)Montreal Update;)
Just got update this morning

Update June 3th :

Application Type: Online
Assigned treatment center : Sydney NS ( as per the AOR letter )
Physical Presence Days: 1102.5
No of Applicants: 1 adult
Application sent: Sep 7, 2022
Application delivered: Sep 12, 2022
AOR: September 13, 2022
GU 1 : October 7. 2022
GU 2 : December 16. 2022
System Update 1 : March 2 ,2023 ( showed BG completed)
System Update 2 : March 7, 2023 ( notification in the tracker about test invite )
System update 3 : March 30 , 2023 ( notification about test completed )
BG status : Completed March 1,2023
Test invite : March 14 , 2023 / email received From Montreal / Test window : March 17th to April 6th
Test taken : March 26 ,2023 / Score (18/20)
Citizenship test : Completed March 28 , 2023
Language skills : May 15th
Physical presence : May 15th
Prohibitions : May 15th
Citizenship oath status has been updated to In progress : Jun 1, 2023
Ceremony invite date : Jun 16, 2023

Invite letter / email : still not received