+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

tintin2018

Star Member
Oct 6, 2018
Have you gotten your citizenship document in the mail yet? How long does it normally take after the ceremony?
Not yet. I'm guessing that I would get by end of the week or early next week as my Oath ceremony office was Calgary and I'm in Vancouver.
Still no update on tracker either.

Reactions: Amy23

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Kitchener is in line too… nothing has changed in last two GCMS responses… as if they only opened the file to respond and closed it again for good…

I finished my test in Feb and it got completed on portal on March 1st… since then… no movement at all… LPP hasn’t even started… My friends who applied in October and November are scheduled for oath now and I’m still stuck without any movement on LPP… so frustrating…
That sucks!! So far I have seen is that GCMS notes are of no use unless their was an huge update on the file.

Reactions: Ranash

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Application filed Online Toronto. AOR sept 9, 2022 BG completed Dec 22, 2022 Ghost update Dec 24, 2022 Test in progress Feb, 28, 2023, mach 7 test marked completed, May 25 request for interview June 13.

SCR office.
That's progress! Good Luck!

ShopramperX

Oct 21, 2022
Update: my hunch was correct unfortunately
today was solely an interview and not the oath ceremony
i was told there was a bug in the system and i needed to send them a provincial id and also scan every page of my passport and send to them and thats all that was needed for them to close my file and sealed approval and then next would be oath ceremony. So i sent to the email i got this morning as my agent requested so now i'm back to waiting for oath
lpp still in progress and citizenship ceremony not started on tracker

Last edited:

sarwarhasnat

Sep 16, 2022
After oath, what is the quickest way to apply for the passport? I want to apply in-person but seems like Service Canada offices within a 150km radius of Toronto do not have any appointments available before early July!

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
After oath, what is the quickest way to apply for the passport? I want to apply in-person but seems like Service Canada offices within a 150km radius of Toronto do not have any appointments available before early July!
Then you may wanna try somewhere else.

oxmanca

Jan 21, 2017
You don't have to make appointment in advance, just walk in and line up as early as possible when the passport service in Service Canada open at 8:30am Monday to Friday. Usually it would take you 2 hours to finish the application process. That's what exactly I did this Tuesday.

sarwarhasnat

Sep 16, 2022
You don't have to make appointment in advance, just walk in and line up as early as possible when the passport service in Service Canada open at 8:30am Monday to Friday. Usually it would take you 2 hours to finish the application process. That's what exactly I did this Tuesday.
Awesome! I will try that. Thanks

mopjedopje101

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Looking for suggestion, Ive been requested to attend an interview June 13 2023. A couple of things have change since my application.

I got married to my common-law partner haven't updated yet because I did not wanted to cause further delays . Also because I did not get married in Canada we got married in Denmark so we haven yet registered the marriage in Canada since we haven't been back yet. (Going back soon ).

I know we have to be trustful so I guess if they asked me in the interview if there any changes I should jus say Yes. and bring/present the marriage certificate.

Or should I just not mentioned at all?.