+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

sdinkar08

Sep 18, 2022
Can anyone please tell me on what number I can try to reach IRCC helpline (regarding oath ceremony) and connect to an agent? Thank you!!

cvda

Feb 22, 2023
I finally got my Oath date !!! It was definitely an endurance ride, not sprint by any means.
Few things I did in btw, I knew my processing agent ID because they had asked me for a clarification while clearing LPP, I took suggestion from @Sandy.gal and wrote to him/her, every time they got back within same day with update, I guess once they told me they pushed my file for oath scheduling [which I felt they did because I emailed them] the agent could not do much. From what I noticed every time I addressed the agent ID in email, response was from agent themselves.
Good luck everyone

Last edited:

Sara_3107

Sep 15, 2022
Montréal
App. Filed.......
07-09-2022
AOR Received.
13-09-2022
I finally got my Oath date !!! It was definitely an endurance ride, not sprint by any means.
Few things I did in btw, I knew my processing agent ID because they had asked me for a clarification while clearing LCC, I took suggestion from @Sandy.gal and wrote to him/her, every time they got back within same day with update, I guess once they told me they pushed my file for oath scheduling [which I felt they did because I emailed them] the agent could not do much. From what I noticed every time I addressed the agent ID in email, response was from agent themselves.
Good luck everyone
Interesting , congratulations

can you please share how can we get ID of the agent and how to contact him/her directly ?

thanks

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Few things I did in btw, I knew my processing agent ID because they had asked me for a clarification while clearing LCC, I took suggestion from @Sandy.gal and wrote to him/her, every time they got back within same day with update, I guess once they told me they pushed my file for oath scheduling [which I felt they did because I emailed them] the agent could not do much. From what I noticed every time I addressed the agent ID in email, response was from agent themselves.
Good luck everyone
Congratulations!! :)

Reactions: RandomUser514

Joship33

Star Member
May 18, 2019
Received my oath date for May 17th ( tracker updated May 9th, email May 10th) but I have pre-planned trip to UK from May 19th - June 4th that I cannot cancel. I have followed procedure and emailed them back requesting to re-schedule to another date, but does anyone know when I might get a response or what may happen? I am quite nervous, because the oath is less than a week away and I am not sure what to do. While I sincerely appreciate getting an oath date finally - the timing is very unfortunate! :(
My office is Vancouver but received oath invitation from Edmonton office IRCC.

I think if you're travelling almost immediately after oath ceremony then they would make some exception. Please double check on that. Good Luck.

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Got the oath invite finally! Tracker was updated today with:

May 3, 2023 Activity status updated: Citizenship oath
May 13, 2023 Scheduled for Citizenship oath

Waiting on the email now.. not sure if it's in-person or remote yet, though I know the latter is far more likely. I had been thinking that remote is a bit anti-climactic compared to in-person but at this point I'm just glad to have the date!
congrats. and have a great time tomorrow!

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
So, you could surrender Indian passport, and apply for OCI before you attending oath ceremony. Did you get the OCI ? How does it work: notice your signature. Thank you.
i surrendered my IN PP as soon as I got my CA PP.

no, you can't apply for OCI before the oath, and even before receiving your CA PP! You must have completed these two steps to surrender IN PP (i'm saying this for GTA BLS guys; Vancouver BLS somehow accepts IN PP surrender applications even before you have a CA PP), and then apply for OCI.

and no, i don't have my OCI cuz i decided not to apply for it (once i realized the fee, turnaround times and ease of applying for an e-visa; and once i got to know of the BIGGEST factor - that i don't have to deal with BLS when applying for an e-visa).

sdinkar08

Sep 18, 2022
I think if you're travelling almost immediately after oath ceremony then they would make some exception. Please double check on that. Good Luck.
Thank you! I have not received any response yet. I tried calling IRCC helpline but not able to connect to any agent - quite stressful :(

arash2002

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
applicants from Jan - Aug 2022 could be saying the same thing about September :)
Yes, They can say it and they are right. But it doesn't change the fact about IRCC flawed policy in processing applications. They do last come first serve intentionally to reduce the average time they process applications in their reports.