+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

Joship33

Star Member
May 18, 2019
When I login the tracker I see this Alert today, it wasn't there last evening. The 'Updated' date is still March 2nd (last ghost/system update). No new update except the below message box on the top.

If you see on the Citizenship Tracker that you’ve been asked to take a citizenship test or participate in an interview, hearing or ceremony, but you haven’t received an official invitation from us yet, we might still be planning your event. Your invitation is the official confirmation.

If you haven’t gotten it 6 calendar days before the event, check your junk mail folder and contact our Client Support Centre to make sure we have the right contact information for you

Anyone else from SCR or another office? Is this generic?
I got that too, this morning. But ceremony is still "not started", and rest is still competed.

parminderpt

Jul 1, 2016
Can anybody tell me what kind of documents needed for English language proficiency or skill, if done study only in India college or university.

sdinkar08

Sep 18, 2022
Received my oath date for May 17th ( tracker updated May 9th, email May 10th) but I have pre-planned trip to UK from May 19th - June 4th that I cannot cancel. I have followed procedure and emailed them back requesting to re-schedule to another date, but does anyone know when I might get a response or what may happen? I am quite nervous, because the oath is less than a week away and I am not sure what to do. While I sincerely appreciate getting an oath date finally - the timing is very unfortunate! :(
My office is Vancouver but received oath invitation from Edmonton office IRCC.

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
Received my oath date for May 17th ( tracker updated May 9th, email May 10th) but I have pre-planned trip to UK from May 19th - June 4th that I cannot cancel. I have followed procedure and emailed them back requesting to re-schedule to another date, but does anyone know when I might get a response or what may happen? I am quite nervous, because the oath is less than a week away and I am not sure what to do. While I sincerely appreciate getting an oath date finally - the timing is very unfortunate! :(
My office is Vancouver but received oath invitation from Edmonton office IRCC.
Why do you need to reschedule If your trip is after the oath ceremony?

sdinkar08

Sep 18, 2022
i assume because they won't have their PR card anymore to be able to enter Canada? Right?
Yes that's right. They ask you to cut up your PR card during Oath ceremony, so if I am planning to travel out of the country after 2 days... I will not be able to re-enter. Also I don't have sufficient time post ceremony to get my certificate and apply/receive my Canadian passport (impossible in 1-2 days) , so essentially will be stuck and can't leave Canada for my trip.

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
Yes that's right. They ask you to cut up your PR card during Oath ceremony, so if I am planning to travel out of the country after 2 days... I will not be able to re-enter. Also I don't have sufficient time post ceremony to get my certificate and apply/receive my Canadian passport (impossible in 1-2 days) , so essentially will be stuck and can't leave Canada for my trip.
Oh I see, I didn’t know that about the PR, that sucks :( I hope they can reschedule for you, wishing you a smooth and speedy process