+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
it's been more than 30 days since I cleared taste. is there anyone else in the same boat? from the tracker it seems like for most people, it takes less than 30 days from test to a decision made.

I am planning to visit in oct, but doesn't seem like I could get passport before that.
We are in the middle of a strike. Things are moving slower then expected. Gave my test on Jan 23 and still waiting. So really depends on your processing office.

Reactions: Ranash

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Hi Guys, just a quick question to ask. I was hoping that I may get this citizenship process completed by Aug but looks like that may not happen now. So now I am preparing for my PR card renewal request and wanted to ask if this process can be done online or it's paper application only?

Reactions: bulls23

Ziko1505

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
uae
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
july 18,2018
AOR Received.
november 9,2018
File Transfer...
december 23,2018
Med's Request
november 11,2018
Med's Done....
november 16,2018
Update - Checked the tracker today and it seems there was an update from April 26th posted today stating that the application has been closed. Oath Ceremony was marked completed. Seems there is some movement still occurring, albeit perhaps slower.
Got the update aswell.

Reactions: Canada1112

smaalam

Oct 13, 2022
Despite everything marked urgent, approved by supervisors. It looks like they haven't made any progress on my requests. Apparently everything is manual in the back end. It takes days for the oath form to get to another "manual" place. They have my certificate but won't release it. Won't let me pick it up, will only mail it but haven't done so yet. There's also no way to reach the local office.

It looks like where I am, the strike has disabled this local office.

Not only do I have to reschedule everything, there is no end in sight for this so I can't choose a new date either.
That is the sad reality of the things here my friend. We took the Oath on the same day and yet they have not uploaded anything yet!

arash2002

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
The new excuse: “the processing is taking long because we are dealing with the backlog that happened due to the strike”

This strike will be used as an excuse for sometime lol
Yes, I agree. probably used as an excuse by the minister for at least one year :D

Reactions: Ranash

jvadr

Jan 11, 2020
Update
Ghost update on March 2, 2023 (Looks like generic update)
Fingerprints Request: March 22, 2023 from Vancouver office.
Fingerprints given: March 23, 2023
Test Invite: March 29, 2023 from Ottawa office.
BC: In progress
Language: In progress
Physical Presence: In Progress.

City: Ottawa

@admin can you please update the tracker.

Thank you
Completed my test on April 22. Provisional score: 20/20

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
I was able to reschedule my flights, but it seems IRCC is already using the strike as an excuse for delays.
My MP was advised by IRCC that they cannot guarantee I'm going to get my certificate in time for my travel, even after rescheduling my flights to next week.

They have it printed and in a drawer but won't let me pick it up or send it. I'm beyond frustrated with how they have handled my case all through. urgent doesn't mean urgent at all. It was marked urgent (by them) Mar 15, then Apr 13, Then Apr 17, then Apr 19. then the strike happened and now they are complaining that they are just back from the strike and cannot give me my certificate in time.