+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
If they implement self-administered oaths in June , everyone will be done with their oaths this year !
i doubt if they will THROW OPEN the floodgates. they may do a long contained test with limited capacity (like the press release we read abt online applications - causing a slowdown there), and even after that they may start it from that date onwards (like what we saw for e-certificates i.e. past applicants were not given that option).

that said, people with differing levels of urgency/need (of citizenship n steps thereafter) will look at this move differently. those with no urgency and or purists may still want the in-person oath, just cos of the sheer feel of it - making you sense that a long journey was completed, others say who want a PP would not care less about the "feel" and want a digital self administered session....

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
Someone from MTL office (from another forum) who had a ceremony scheduled for 20th April, got a call yesterday for an oath ceremony scheduled today. He completed it successfully apparently (Apr 26). So people who's ceremonies were cancelled, keep an eye out for calls/missed voicemails/emails and such. I'm not sure if this was just some anomalous thing that MTL did or there will be others.

B. B.

Sep 11, 2018
Someone from MTL office (from another forum) who had a ceremony scheduled for 20th April, got a call yesterday for an oath ceremony scheduled today. He completed it successfully apparently (Apr 26). So people who's ceremonies were cancelled, keep an eye out for calls/missed voicemails/emails and such. I'm not sure if this was just some anomalous thing that MTL did or there will be others.
MTL mean montreal?

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
So as per the immigration minister if this strike dint happen, 10s of thousands of files would have been processed. The strike doesn't look like to be ending any sooner and that nothing is being done to end this. This whole thing sucks big time. Can't blame the workers either as they are just fighting for their rights.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: myra20sharma

Fawn1477

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2018
Passport Req..
21-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2019
So as per the immigration minister if this strike dint happen, 10s of thousands of files would have been processed. The strike doesn't look like to be ending any sooner and that nothing is being done to end this. This whole thing sucks big time. Can't blame the workers either as they are just fighting for their rights.
This whole thing sucks big time. I applied for my passport before the strike for urgent processing. I paid the extra cost. They said passport will only be ready for pickup the day before my flight; which is tomorrow. Called passport service today and my passport is not ready because it does not qualify as urgent. Wtf! Spent so much on this trip already