+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
This whole thing sucks big time. I applied for my passport before the strike for urgent processing. I paid the extra cost. They said passport will only be ready for pickup the day before my flight; which is tomorrow. Called passport service today and my passport is not ready because it does not qualify as urgent. Wtf! Spent so much on this trip already
Oh noo. That sucks big time!!

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Someone from MTL office (from another forum) who had a ceremony scheduled for 20th April, got a call yesterday for an oath ceremony scheduled today. He completed it successfully apparently (Apr 26). So people who's ceremonies were cancelled, keep an eye out for calls/missed voicemails/emails and such. I'm not sure if this was just some anomalous thing that MTL did or there will be others.
Yeah I saw this too on facebook page where some people said they have got calls for the oath. Funny thing they were also from MTL office

Reactions: linxord

Ali Zahid

May 21, 2021
Application Type: Paper
Physical Presence Days: 1,132
No of Applicants: 2
Application sent: Sep 1, 2022
Application delivered: Sep 7, 2022
AOR: Sep 14, 2022
Background verification: Dec 14, 2022
Citizenship test: Jan 24, 2023
Prohibitions: Mar 20, 2023
Physical presence: Mar 20, 2023
Language skills: Mar 20, 2023

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
Despite everything marked urgent, approved by supervisors. It looks like they haven't made any progress on my requests. Apparently everything is manual in the back end. It takes days for the oath form to get to another "manual" place. They have my certificate but won't release it. Won't let me pick it up, will only mail it but haven't done so yet. There's also no way to reach the local office.

It looks like where I am, the strike has disabled this local office.

Not only do I have to reschedule everything, there is no end in sight for this so I can't choose a new date either.

• Sad
Reactions: myra20sharma

ssankar

Feb 11, 2023
Despite everything marked urgent, approved by supervisors. It looks like they haven't made any progress on my requests. Apparently everything is manual in the back end. It takes days for the oath form to get to another "manual" place. They have my certificate but won't release it. Won't let me pick it up, will only mail it but haven't done so yet. There's also no way to reach the local office.

It looks like where I am, the strike has disabled this local office.

Not only do I have to reschedule everything, there is no end in sight for this so I can't choose a new date either.
Sort of similar boat, except I thankfully do not have an immediate travel need. Oath Ceremony was on the 17th of April - Online app so no ECAS but tracker shows in progress still. I assume there will be no movement until the strike ends and some time goes by. If something comes up though, no options for travel (PR card is cut-up, Existing passport cannot be used as dual is not recognized). I wish everyone the best in their progress.

Reactions: linxord

Ziko1505

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
uae
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
july 18,2018
AOR Received.
november 9,2018
File Transfer...
december 23,2018
Med's Request
november 11,2018
Med's Done....
november 16,2018
Sort of similar boat, except I thankfully do not have an immediate travel need. Oath Ceremony was on the 17th of April - Online app so no ECAS but tracker shows in progress still. I assume there will be no movement until the strike ends and some time goes by. If something comes up though, no options for travel (PR card is cut-up, Existing passport cannot be used as dual is not recognized). I wish everyone the best in their progress.
Same, did my oath on the 17th of april and now cant go anywhere.

Ziko1505

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
uae
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
july 18,2018
AOR Received.
november 9,2018
File Transfer...
december 23,2018
Med's Request
november 11,2018
Med's Done....
november 16,2018
Do you need the physical certificate to be able to register for a passport? I thought they were providing online certs now too?
E-cert was for selected people who applied before january 2023, and i think its introduced for new applications. So we have to wait for the paper certificate to apply for passport.

ssankar

Feb 11, 2023
Update - Checked the tracker today and it seems there was an update from April 26th posted today stating that the application has been closed. Oath Ceremony was marked completed. Seems there is some movement still occurring, albeit perhaps slower.

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Update - Checked the tracker today and it seems there was an update from April 26th posted today stating that the application has been closed. Oath Ceremony was marked completed. Seems there is some movement still occurring, albeit perhaps slower.
i think with whatever limited bandwidth they have remaining, they are making progress but definitely at a fraction pace, and looks like - they are handling simple clerical stuff - issuing certificates, sending oath invites (till the time they were), etc.

Reactions: ssankar

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
i think with whatever limited bandwidth they have remaining, they are making progress but definitely at a fraction pace, and looks like - they are handling simple clerical stuff - issuing certificates, sending oath invites (till the time they were), etc.
I would say the clerical stuff has stalled for my requests. It has been two weeks and they were not able to mail out an already printed certificate for me.

I am seeing progress from some people though, and even some oaths being completed in small groups of people.

Reactions: ssankar

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
I would say the clerical stuff has stalled for my requests. It has been two weeks and they were not able to mail out an already printed certificate for me.

I am seeing progress from some people though, and even some oaths being completed in small groups of people.
i can not even empathize with you (i can not pretend to understand how terrible it would be to be in this state); must be so damn frustrating n agonizing especially (as you pointed out) when you don't see a pattern in what they're picking up to progress....

Last edited:

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
Any applicant from Winnipeg received Finger Print Request ? not today, I mean in the past , what address you request RCMP to sent to , what IRCC office address

gaurangnshah

Star Member
Nov 21, 2015
it's been more than 30 days since I cleared taste. is there anyone else in the same boat? from the tracker it seems like for most people, it takes less than 30 days from test to a decision made.

I am planning to visit in oct, but doesn't seem like I could get passport before that.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
it's been more than 30 days since I cleared taste. is there anyone else in the same boat? from the tracker it seems like for most people, it takes less than 30 days from test to a decision made.

I am planning to visit in oct, but doesn't seem like I could get passport before that.
30 days from test to decision made is a very optimistic expectation. Lot depends on your processing office.