+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

CHIOMA OSSAI

May 30, 2020
Thank you, congratulations to you as well.
Yesterday neither tracker nor ECAS showed any update. Today ECAS showed an update with the info:
"We sent you a notice on March 2, 2023 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 22, 2023 at 1:15 PM."
Tracker is still not showing any update, I assume it will be updated within the next days as I've noticed it takes a bit longer to update than on ECAS.
Now, the date showing is the notice date (March 2) matches the last update on my tracker, which I thought was the general update that everyone recently had. So hopefully more updates for the rest of the applicants coming these following weeks.
What is your timeline? I also got the March 2 update but nothing on tracker. My test was passed on the 4th of February

jjll88

Apr 19, 2022
What is your timeline? I also got the March 2 update but nothing on tracker. My test was passed on the 4th of February
You can find my timeline at the bottom of this message.
The update on March 2nd seems to be for everyone, as far as I've been reading on previous forums and posts, currently timelines are very different. Hoping you receive an update on your file as well.

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
LPP updated to completed on March 3 (tracker updated today March 7), only thing still in progress is citizenship ceremony ❤ Vancouver office. @admin please update

My timeline so far:
Citizenship Application
Type
: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1,104
Application: Single
Application sent: September 15, 2022
Delivered: September 15, 2022
AOR: September 26, 2022
BG check completed: January 11, 2023
Test invite (vancouver office): January 23, 2023
Test passed: January 30, 2023
Language/Prohibitions/Physical Presence: March 3, 2023
Oath Invite letter:
Citizenship Ceremony:

zaid84

Star Member
Aug 7, 2013
what is the situation today with the OATH ceremony? is it online or in person? what is the % of people who are asked to do it in person? does the location of the applicant or the processing office have any effect?

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
Just for info,

This morning I received the GCMS from CBSA that I had requested, the they dated Feb 17, so older information. Although, it did tell me a few things.
That my certificate is apparently paper so I didn't get selected for e-cert.
Nothing else in it, info looked like there were no concerns otherwise. Took them exactly 30 days to send these.

Reactions: Ranash

tintin2018

Star Member
Oct 6, 2018
Updating the progress:

I complete the test on Feb 21st and on 24th test was marked completed. For my spouse, we requested for accommodation (oral test format) mid Feb and after 3-4 follow-ups we were told that an officer will setup MS Teams call but was unsure when it would be scheduled (meaning it would be after our original test window) - This was not OK with us and the fact that no one mentioned this until we followed up repeatedly. Therefore, my spouse went ahead and took the test online with here limited capability (she is near-blind) and managed to pass the test on Mar 3rd. Today test was marked complete.

We now wait for LPP updates!

mopjedopje101

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
My test turned completed yeihh

timeline as follow
Sept 09 AOR. Online aplicant Toronto
BG Completed Dec 24th 2022
Test Invite March 1st 2023 ( March 3rd - March 23. Test). Scarborough office.
Test taken Outside Canada on March 03rd 2023.
Test mark completed March 07 2023
Rest still in progress

bulls23

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
Updating the progress:

I complete the test on Feb 21st and on 24th test was marked completed. For my spouse, we requested for accommodation (oral test format) mid Feb and after 3-4 follow-ups we were told that an officer will setup MS Teams call but was unsure when it would be scheduled (meaning it would be after our original test window) - This was not OK with us and the fact that no one mentioned this until we followed up repeatedly. Therefore, my spouse went ahead and took the test online with here limited capability (she is near-blind) and managed to pass the test on Mar 3rd. Today test was marked complete.

Unfortunate that you had to undergo this trouble but glad to hear about your spouse passing the test. Congratulations! Onward & upward :)

pranab24

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Question pls:
I see that the Background Check for me and my wife has been completed today, but my minor daughter does not have the same status. Is it normal?

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
Updating the progress:

Great to hear that she was able to pass. Congrats. Hopefully speedy process after this!

Reactions: tintin2018

Nuug33

Mar 19, 2020
My test turned completed yeihh

timeline as follow
Sept 09 AOR. Online aplicant Toronto
BG Completed Dec 24th 2022
Test Invite March 1st 2023 ( March 3rd - March 23. Test). Scarborough office.
Test taken Outside Canada on March 03rd 2023.
Test mark completed March 07 2023
Rest still in progress
Good, You may receive soon the citizenship interview

lcpng

Star Member
Sep 30, 2022
Hi everyone,
Took my exam last Sunday and I passed the test. I used my husband’s desktop that he is using for work and I just found now that his desktop was connected to a VPN. I am so anxious right now that my exam might be invalidated. Any thoughts?

rifo94

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Hi everyone,
Took my exam last Sunday and I passed the test. I used my husband’s desktop that he is using for work and I just found now that his desktop was connected to a VPN. I am so anxious right now that my exam might be invalidated. Any thoughts?
Wait and see the result. Should get an update soon from IRCC.

Reactions: lcpng