+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

arash2002

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
IRCC is really erratic. I've seen people who submitted their online applications one month after me in October and they've received the test invite while a lot of us still waiting for the test invite after the BG.

Reactions: smaalam

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
IRCC is really erratic. I've seen people who submitted their online applications one month after me in October and they've received the test invite while a lot of us still waiting for the test invite after the BG.
Very true. There is no point trying to predict. It’s all without a rhyme or reason. It’s very much dependent on local office or agent processing a file. There is no set pattern they follow and it’s very unpredictable.

My file is still in Sydney for some reason and not dispatched to a local office. I’m very keen to know if Sydney office has started processing applications also.
My BG is completed but not spouse’s ( security passed but not criminality) and it’s been more than a month with no further updates.

Reactions: smaalam

lsingh56

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hi Guys!
Aor sept 16
Location Toronto
Application online
GU Dec 16, Jan 14 & Jan 17
Jan 18 received email for FP from Vancouver office.
My question is after providing the FP to the IRCC does anyone has idea or similar experience when does they receive their BG complete and test invite?
I am just worried why for them asking for FP. I provided with biometric during the PR process. Having the FP request not a good sign?

smaalam

Oct 13, 2022
Hi Guys!
Aor sept 16
Location Toronto
Application online
My question is after providing the FP to the IRCC does anyone has idea or similar experience when does they receive their BG complete and test invite?
I am just worried why for them asking for FP. I provided with biometric during the PR process. Having the FP request not a good sign?
Did you ask for expedited processing?

Ranash

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
Hi Guys!
Aor sept 16
Location Toronto
Application online
Up to my knowledge it's normal to be asked for FP, I sent my FP as well and now just waiting, it could take 2 -4 weeks if there's no criminal record

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
i got fingerprint request today
my name on spreadsheet is ShopramperX if anyone can update
i plan to get fingerprints down by this friday max....anyone in the montreal area recently got fingerprints done???
p.s also my test window is between jan 20th and feb 9th....and i plan to get it done this friday
anyone recently did the test and can give tips etc
When did you get your test invite?
Hi Guys!
Aor sept 16
Location Toronto
Application online
FP is requested if you have a common name and they can't clear your Background check with just your name, place of birth, and DOB. Sometimes, it is also requested for programme quality assurance... Nothing to worry about

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Hi Guys!
Aor sept 16
Location Toronto
Application online
if someone calls out a name in a movie theater, and 2 or more people stand up, then they are eligible for FP requests. this isn't a great cause of worry, just that they have more people with that name or other matching details.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Try looking for pattern within the same location or same processing office. If you are from Montreal or Ottawa and compare the processing time with applicants from Toronto you will get disappointed. Some Toronto Applicants have got citizenship within 6-8 month which never happens for Ottawa or Montreal. Helps to set right expectation.

Reactions: arash2002

sdharan21

Star Member
Aug 14, 2022
Admin I Would like to add that I applied for Citizenship from Mississauga couple of months before moving to Ottawa.
Kindly my amend my location to Mississauga. I noticed my test invite is from MIS as well. Wont be correct to say Ottawa then. Might mislead other Ottawa applicants.

I have amended mine here. Sorry for any inconvinence caused.

Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1100
Application: Family ( one adult and one child)
Application sent: September 14, 2022
Delivered: September 16, 2022
AOR: Dec 14, 2022
Application filled: Sept 22, 2022
Background check completed : Dec 20, 2022 ( myself, child: pending)
Language skills: In progress | Physical presence: In progress | Prohibitions: In progress
Citizenship Test: Invite Jan 12, 2023. Test done and passed Jan 16, 2023
Citizenship status: Completed on tracker : Jan 17, 2023

Reactions: SK79 and forw.jane

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Got a GU this morning - January 20th.
BG is still In Progress. What it could be?
EDIT : ECAS = In Process