+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
AOR Oct 20 and nothing actual happened on my tracker just a couple of GUs one on Dec16 and 2nd on Jan 13. but nothing on my daughter's profile. every thing is in progress
if you are awaiting BG completion and if your daughter is a minor, then her file will not see any updates even after you've cleared BG and even the test.,,,,

Reactions: ady_997

deekshasedha

Nov 14, 2018
Hi everyone,

I applied for citizenship via online mode in September 2022.
I did not get any AOR however I got the citizenship test request today.

Anyone in the same situation?

Any idea about the processing time once I complete the test?

Thanks

ady_997

Aug 20, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
23-12-2016
IELTS Request
Up front
Med's Done....
16-01-2017
Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
waiting
if you are awaiting BG completion and if your daughter is a minor, then her file will not see any updates even after you've cleared BG and even the test.,,,,
thats a relief. thanks for sharing this information. i was actually worried that why there is no GU on her profile

Reactions: 2017CanadaHo!

amontella

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
what's this concept/the difference?
Well if you opt for the e-certificate, when given the chance that is, you should be able to download it online a few days/hours after the oath. It can be a really handy option especially if you need to travel urgently because there have been many instances where the certificate is delayed or it gets lost in the mail. Now they offered that option to everyone applying after Jan 23 but prior to that it's only by invitation unfortunately.

Greninja

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
AOR Oct 20 and nothing actual happened on my tracker just a couple of GUs one on Dec16 and 2nd on Jan 13. but nothing on my daughter's profile. every thing is in progress
there is something behind the updates, I think you will get more visible updates soon!

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
Generic question, for which I'm continuing to compare other people's timelines.

How long did it/does it take generically from e-cas 'In process' and a GU in the tracker, to getting BG completed.
My E-CAS went in Progress on Jan 12, and stated that they started processing my application on Jan 11.
I have a GU on Jan 13.

still waiting for another update.

ady_997

Aug 20, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
23-12-2016
IELTS Request
Up front
Med's Done....
16-01-2017
Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
waiting
there is something behind the updates, I think you will get more visible updates soon!
i doubt that. because in the excel tracker it is taking anywhere between 2 days to a couple of months for some users to get to the next step.

xuan

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
Generic question, for which I'm continuing to compare other people's timelines.

How long did it/does it take generically from e-cas 'In process' and a GU in the tracker, to getting BG completed.
My E-CAS went in Progress on Jan 12, and stated that they started processing my application on Jan 11.
I have a GU on Jan 13.

still waiting for another update.
you will get background check tomorrow or after tomorrow

then after few days you get test invitation.

Reactions: linxord

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
is the online test in a locked kind of a browser (one that doesn't allow any other window or app to run alongside), or is it thru a regular Chrome browser login? if it is a regular login, can they find out if there's another window open? just askin.......
It's a system from what my friend told me that is monitored. So if you open another window it will trigger the system automatically.

KWapplicant

Jan 9, 2023
Is it common to have “Decision Made” on ECAS, but the language, prohibitions, and physical presence still says “In Progress” and Oath “Not started” on the tracker?

The only things that are complete on my tracker are BG, and Citizenship Test.

Thanks for any insight.

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
It's a system from what my friend told me that is monitored. So if you open another window it will trigger the system automatically.
Well I had a pdf open in the background, which was the test invite, and my email tab which had the test invite email. Didn't toggle after starting the test. Will find out what CIC feels.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Well I had a pdf open in the background, which was the test invite, and my email tab which had the test invite email. Didn't toggle after starting the test. Will find out what CIC feels.
Oh you already did the test? How was it? Difficult or easy?