+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

rayrayray

Sep 23, 2016
Yeah the power outages are expected to be widespread and prolonged so that will surely cause delays....hope everyone there remains safe!
Seeing the situation, I don’t think it’s just a power outage anymore. What I am really worried about is if the paper applications in the office are safe or have they been affected by the storm. What if operations get moved to Edmonton temporarily? Let’s see what the website or Twitter says.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Seeing the situation, I don’t think it’s just a power outage anymore. What I am really worried about is if the paper applications in the office are safe or have they been affected by the storm. What if operations get moved to Edmonton temporarily? Let’s see what the website or Twitter says.
TBH I strongly feel that these officers may just be working from home and given this started on a weekend, for next few weeks we may see delays.

medwiz

May 25, 2014
Now I'm geting a mental image of all those paper applications and documents flying off in the storm lool
But in all seriousness there must be some sort of crisis or business continuity plan in place...also i doubt the application remains "on paper" for too long..must be entered electronically at some point (hence the bar codes generated by validating the forms)... anyway will be interesting to see how it unfolds in the days ahead

• Haha
Reactions: mejaz

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Now I'm geting a mental image of all those paper applications and documents flying off in the storm lool
But in all seriousness there must be some sort of crisis or business continuity plan in place...also i doubt the application remains "on paper" for too long..must be entered electronically at some point (hence the bar codes generated by validating the forms)... anyway will be interesting to see how it unfolds in the days ahead
I agree. The amount of paper that is getting wasted in the paper applications is next level. Even the new online process started for group is so complicated to understand.

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
I agree. The amount of paper that is getting wasted in the paper applications is next level. Even the new online process started for group is so complicated to understand.
No AOR makes me paranoid for my application just sitting in water before it gets into the system lol.
Jokes aside, I hope everyone is safe and there is some sort of plan for the apps.

rayrayray

Sep 23, 2016
apparently 70 roads are closed and there has been a declaration of emergency for the municipality in which the paper applications go. The main road to the hospital which is a few kms away is completely blocked off by trees. I wonder what happens to applications that were on the way before the storm.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
I am
No AOR makes me paranoid for my application just sitting in water before it gets into the system lol.
Jokes aside, I hope everyone is safe and there is some sort of plan for the apps.
I am glad at least I had my application delivered before the storm hit. One of my friend sent his 2 days back and because of this storm his application does not have a delivery date yet from CP.

jvadr

Jan 11, 2020
Looks like most probably there is some sort of power outage where Intake office is located and if they are effected then restoration will only happen by 1pm Wednesday. So if today and tomorrow anyone gets AOR then that would mean they are working while if there is not movement then I would consider this week washed out.

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
What's with all this fear-mongering about online application? Stop it. MANY people here too applied online and IT WENT THROUGH. So please, do not spread pointless, baseless fears.

Reactions: mejaz

jvadr

Jan 11, 2020
What's with all this fear-mongering about online application? Stop it. MANY people here too applied online and IT WENT THROUGH. So please, do not spread pointless, baseless fears.
looks like at the very least this is not a baseless conclusion and this out of an ATIP notes of IRCC titled “EXPANSION OF INTAKE, IMPLEMENTATION OF MODIFIEDFIRSTIN, FIRST OUT PROCESSING MODEL AND NOTIONAL DECISION TARGETS FOR CITIZENSHIP E - APPLICATIONS”

I’m not able to share the pdf here, if someone tells me how to I’ll upload here.
My key takeaways from notes
  1. The Department will process the old paper file backlog while processing a small portion ofthe e- applications received to refine processes, train officers, and identify issues early in the process.
  2. CN and DN will issue final decisions on the oldest of paper applications while also incorporating 5,000 e-application final decisions based on the order in which the e-applications were received, as part of its 245,000 FY 2021-2022 decision target, as outlined in Annex C. Increasing of the decision target above 5000 was considered but determined to not be beneficial.
  3. The 5,000 e-application final decisions target represents 2% of the 245,000 decision target and around 5% of the projected 110,000 e-applications that might be received in FY 2021-2022, assuming unlimited e-application intake. My thoughts: even though this is for 2021-2022 and we are in 2022-2023, this May increase by 10% or 30% but tipping it to anything higher seems unlikely given they concluded that going ahead with e application during height of pandemic was not beneficial now that everyone is returning to work I doubt if this will instantaneously become beneficial for 22-23.
  4. Prioritization of electronic applications would also drive paper applicants in the inventory to submit duplicate e-applications trying to achieve a faster decision, and put the department at high risk for mandamuses, as well as the possibility of increased processing times due to the work required to assess multiple applications for the same client

jay_20

Jan 5, 2020
looks like at the very least this is not a baseless conclusion and this out of an ATIP notes of IRCC titled “EXPANSION OF INTAKE, IMPLEMENTATION OF MODIFIEDFIRSTIN, FIRST OUT PROCESSING MODEL AND NOTIONAL DECISION TARGETS FOR CITIZENSHIP E - APPLICATIONS”

I’m not able to share the pdf here, if someone tells me how to I’ll upload here.
My key takeaways from notes
  1. The Department will process the old paper file backlog while processing a small portion ofthe e- applications received to refine processes, train officers, and identify issues early in the process.
  2. CN and DN will issue final decisions on the oldest of paper applications while also incorporating 5,000 e-application final decisions based on the order in which the e-applications were received, as part of its 245,000 FY 2021-2022 decision target, as outlined in Annex C. Increasing of the decision target above 5000 was considered but determined to not be beneficial.
  3. The 5,000 e-application final decisions target represents 2% of the 245,000 decision target and around 5% of the projected 110,000 e-applications that might be received in FY 2021-2022, assuming unlimited e-application intake. My thoughts: even though this is for 2021-2022 and we are in 2022-2023, this May increase by 10% or 30% but tipping it to anything higher seems unlikely given they concluded that going ahead with e application during height of pandemic was not beneficial now that everyone is returning to work I doubt if this will instantaneously become beneficial for 22-23.
  4. Prioritization of electronic applications would also drive paper applicants in the inventory to submit duplicate e-applications trying to achieve a faster decision, and put the department at high risk for mandamuses, as well as the possibility of increased processing times due to the work required to assess multiple applications for the same client

Thanks for clarifying. I am looking at applying online for Citizenship. I have below queries. It would be great if someone could answer it.

1. For language requirement: I have Engineering degree certificate which is printed in English from India, but that doesn’t state medium of course was in English. Will that certificate be ok to submit as a language proof?
2. My Driving license is expiring in 1 month. Will that be ok to submit as a personal identity document? Or is there any requirement on validity of documents?

jvadr

Jan 11, 2020
Thanks for clarifying. I am looking at applying online for Citizenship. I have below queries. It would be great if someone could answer it.

1. For language requirement: I have Engineering degree certificate which is printed in English from India, but that doesn’t state medium of course was in English. Will that certificate be ok to submit as a language proof?
2. My Driving license is expiring in 1 month. Will that be ok to submit as a personal identity document? Or is there any requirement on validity of documents?
I’m not sure on both but here is what I would do.
  1. Look for any documents like TC, admission letter, mark sheets which May have that information. If not clarify it in a explanation letter.
  2. On DL, could you not renew that? You’d have your passport, and PR if for some reason your are not able to renew. I would personally avoid submitting ids expiring in a month.

senhari2005

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019

Your consolidated mark sheet should show "Medium of instruction" - also, most of the universities provide medium of instruction letter which should suffice the language requirements based on my understanding.

Rajesh Durai

Dec 29, 2012
Hi Guys, Quick question - My application status updated to 'Citizenship test scheduled between sep29 - oct 19' but I dont have any instructions on how to choose the test slot. When can i expect it? Is it via email?