+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Hi does anyone know how long rescheduling takes based on your or other people's experience. I had a job interview which I found out having a citizenship means better chances. I have couple of weeks to update that information.
So in a limbo when it will be rescheduled . I don't see any information on how long it takes anywhere in the forum.
Worse even if I wanted to attend the in person ceremony on Monday it is not possible as all of us are down with flu today ! So definitely not risking others.
Unfortunately, rescheduling will not guarantee you the next available spot. It can take months to get the next oath invite... So, you'll have to hang tight. Else, get a letter from the prospective employer to see if you qualify for urgent processing... In which case, you might be scheduled sooner

Reactions: sdharan21

sdharan21

Star Member
Aug 14, 2022
I just feel the officer you were assigned was pretty quick in processing your file, so could be that they may put you in the right queue.
Yes Mississauga has been pretty prompt and I hope they look into this quickly as they replied by saying you will be reschedule for a virtual oath but didn’t not specify when

Reactions: Sandy.gal

sdharan21

Star Member
Aug 14, 2022
Unfortunately, rescheduling will not guarantee you the next available spot. It can take months to get the next oath invite... So, you'll have to hang tight. Else, get a letter from the prospective employer to see if you qualify for urgent processing... In which case, you might be scheduled sooner
I have sent in everything I can to help expedite things. Lets see how it goes.

Thank you all for your inputs. Appreciate it

Reactions: shiremag

yourr.grace

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Hi guys, did anyof you follow up with your acredited/authorized agency after submitting your finger prints? It has been 2 weeks for me since i submitted my FP and i dont have any update in my account. just being curious/paranoid. lol.

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Hi guys, did anyof you follow up with your acredited/authorized agency after submitting your finger prints? It has been 2 weeks for me since i submitted my FP and i dont have any update in my account. just being curious/paranoid. lol.
You can use the receipt you got from submitting your fingerprints and contact RCMP directly about the status:
https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/contact-information

Reactions: yourr.grace

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
I wasn't expecting updates on a Saturday. But my curious self went ahead and logged in anyways.

My Spouse's Background and Test = Completed
My Test = Completed (My BC was already complete before Test)

The Test Complete Date showing is Feb 2 but it got updated today - Feb 4. I have updated the tracker with Feb 4 as Test Completion Date, please change if it should be Feb 2.

Yay!!

Last edited:

RyanNguyen

Aug 4, 2018
It took me almost a month to get update. See my signature for more details :)

Reactions: yourr.grace
Feb 4, 2023
Here's mine:

Application Type: Paper
Physical Presence Days: 1,114
No of Applicants: 4 (2 adult, 2 minors)
Application sent: Sep 27, 2022
Application delivered: Oct 1, 2022
AOR: Nov 11, 2022

Can you please add me to the spreadsheet?

tkhera

Jan 10, 2019
My spouse is in the same boat. We both have already given our tests.
My BG is 'Completed' and my spouse's BG is still 'In Prog'.
I think it may be a GUI/Front end issue. The changes are being done at back-end (hence we all got Test invites) but it's just they are not visible.
Also, for both of us our ECAS is In Process. Did you check your ECAS?

(Our processing office is Scarborough. More details in my signature)
We are also in same situation. My BG shows in progress and my spouse is completed on Jan 13th. We received test invite yesterday for both though. AOR Sept 22.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
We are also in same situation. My BG shows in progress and my spouse is completed on Jan 13th. We received test invite yesterday for both though. AOR Sept 22.
How about your ECAS status? When we were in that situation (now both are BG and Test are marked completed, both our ECASs was “In Process”