+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
We have a similar timeline.

Please let me know if you get the oath invite.
I'm leaving Canada next week and I lost my PR card and my PR card application is not even in progress so I request to have ceremony urgently right after I saw the update on Feb 28, and it's approved. I will be having ceremony online today. Thank you guys. Your turn will all come, just be patient. Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: hemeda2

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I'm leaving Canada next week and I lost my PR card and my PR card application is not even in progress so I request to have ceremony urgently right after I saw the update on Feb 28, and it's approved. I will be having ceremony online today. Thank you guys. Your turn will all come, just be patient. Good luck.
That's amazing, congratulations! Now you can travel without stress!

May I ask how you applied for urgent oath? Which email address did you write to, and did you provide proof of your travel (tickets etc)?

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
That's amazing, congratulations! Now you can travel without stress!

May I ask how you applied for urgent oath? Which email address did you write to, and did you provide proof of your travel (tickets etc)?
I provided my ticket and explain why I need Canadian passport to come back. But you only can request for it once your other things are completed, otherwise they wont process your request. Send request to your processing office ceremony department. If it's approved, the office will call you to inform you and email instructions received right after.
Also for my case, Scarborough office doesnt have any virtual ceremony left for this week so my request was finalized by Mississauga office.
For Scarborough:

IRCC.DNSCRCitizenshipCeremony-CeremonieCitoyenneteSCRRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
Got my citizenship certificate.
May get my passport today. If your flight is really close, you can cut the line up at passport centre and go straight to the counter, just need to talk to the guy who give the number for lining up, he will give you a special ticket. Just sharing my experience for whoever may need it.

Updated: picked up my 10 years passport today at 3:45pm.
Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

Last edited:

yougar

May 22, 2019
September 2021 applicant ! I just got oath updated in my tracker ! No email yet ! Scheduled for march 17th ! When do you guys think I should be getting the email ?

Reactions: manmoi31

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
Similar boat, need to travel in april, have my citizenship cerermony mid March. I've been in this process for over a year, but according to this tracker, it's normal for people who applied then. I expect it will take another 3-4 weeks to get my passport after the citizenship ceremony. Btw, if you're doing a virtual ceremony, you have to wait a couple of weeks extra to receive the citizenship certificate over the mail, they give to you during an in person ceremony.
not really, people in toronto received certificate after 2-3 business days, you also can have the option to next day pick up certificate if they approve your request, the office works really fast, it takes 1 business day for then to process so when you get the invitation email, reply to them right away to request next day pick up if you dont want to wait and have good reason. It takes 2-3 weeks to receive the passport, I received my daughter's passport 10 days after I hung jn her application for regular service. But if you have flight ticket to prove, you can go for 10 business days for no fee, it's usually arrived earlier than what you expect. Or if you are willing to pay more fee and will go to pick up the passport it will be much faster, 2-5 business days for 50$ extra or the fastest is within the same day, I applied at 12pm and got my passport at 3pm, for 110$. They are really nice, if you pay extra, you will get to cut all the line ups, just have to talk to the guy at the gate.

karem abd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2018
not really, people in toronto received certificate after 2-3 business days, you also can have the option to next day pick up certificate if they approve your request, the office works really fast, it takes 1 business day for then to process so when you get the invitation email, reply to them right away to request next day pick up if you dont want to wait and have good reason. It takes 2-3 weeks to receive the passport, I received my daughter's passport 10 days after I hung jn her application for regular service. But if you have flight ticket to prove, you can go for 10 business days for no fee, it's usually arrived earlier than what you expect. Or if you are willing to pay more fee and will go to pick up the passport it will be much faster, 2-5 business days for 50$ extra or the fastest is within the same day, I applied at 12pm and got my passport at 3pm, for 110$. They are really nice, if you pay extra, you will get to cut all the line ups, just have to talk to the guy at the gate.
Honestly, regarding the certificate Scarborough office is the best and the fastest in sending it. Same as the Mississauga office. These two are the fastest in sending the certificate.

Reactions: small_251193

that-coyote

Mar 9, 2023
September 2021 applicant ! I just got oath updated in my tracker ! No email yet ! Scheduled for march 17th ! When do you guys think I should be getting the email ?
Did you get the email? My tracker says scheduled for March 15, but also no email yet !

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Similar boat, need to travel in april, have my citizenship cerermony mid March. I've been in this process for over a year, but according to this tracker, it's normal for people who applied then. I expect it will take another 3-4 weeks to get my passport after the citizenship ceremony. Btw, if you're doing a virtual ceremony, you have to wait a couple of weeks extra to receive the citizenship certificate over the mail, they give to you during an in person ceremony.
I was in a similar state. My wife got here citizenship oath on 30th Jan and she received her certificate on 7th Feb by going to CIC office in person. Our flight was on 12th to USA, I simply got a letter from my company that my wife has to go with me. They provided the letter for urgent processing. We gave that letter to the person at the booth, and we got our passport within 24 hours.

ecekid

Star Member
Jun 2, 2013
I picked up my Canadian passport in Vancouver today. My journey for the Canadian passport has finally finished. A total of 18 months since the day I submitted my application. Admin, please update the spreadsheet if you can. Thank you very much everyone. This forum has been very helpful. I wish you all will get your passport soon.