Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Cairo
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally recieved an oath date (after 5 months since everything completed), it looks like my handling office moved from Vancouver to Saskatchewan possibly after that Dec 16 ghost update that a lot of people recieved.
Everything was completed 5 months ago ?, when was your test completed ?

fellow6389

Sep 26, 2022
That's interesting. It seems that they are using other offices that are less busy to schedule oaths. Surprise to see IRCC using common sense. Congratulations on your oath
Thank you! I don't know if it has to do with my follow up with MP or not that my case moved. Hopefully just IRCC auditing themselves

Bondo2

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Cairo
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Took the test on June 8, 2022 and it was marked as complete on the tracker on June 10, 2022. Everything else (except oath) was marked as complete on July 25.
That's crazy, I had my test marked complete on July 14 and then nothing until December 16 update when everything was marked complete. Now nothing

fellow6389

Sep 26, 2022
That's crazy, I had my test marked complete on July 14 and then nothing until December 16 update when everything was marked complete. Now nothing
Someone mentioned on this forum that it's possible that those people who got stuck with no movement might have been assigned to agents who are not longer there and on dec 16 those cases got reassigned. All speculation of course but sounds believable to me. Hopefully you'll get updates soon!

anigdikar

Apr 3, 2017
Someone mentioned on this forum that it's possible that those people who got stuck with no movement might have been assigned to agents who are not longer there and on dec 16 those cases got reassigned. All speculation of course but sounds believable to me. Hopefully you'll get updates soon!
But if only those unopened cases got reassigned to new officers, why would other applicants see an update in their profile? I have not seen any person who has not got that update. I think it was some software upgrade on IRCC side which did some change which triggered system wide update.

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
Someone submitted his application on Aug 27 and got background completed on Dec 31, then I think our Sep applicants can really have some movement this month. Anyone applied at early Sep that got background check stuck in this group? Any updates for that? I applied on Sep 24, hoping to hear something at the end of this month.

Naji.Lebanon

Aug 30, 2017
Someone submitted his application on Aug 27 and got background completed on Dec 31, then I think our Sep applicants can really have some movement this month. Anyone applied at early Sep that got background check stuck in this group? Any updates for that? I applied on Sep 24, hoping to hear something at the end of this month.
Background verification updated to completed today

Application submitted ( online ) on Sep 03 2021

Bondo2

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Cairo
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But if only those unopened cases got reassigned to new officers, why would other applicants see an update in their profile? I have not seen any person who has not got that update. I think it was some software upgrade on IRCC side which did some change which triggered system wide update.
The updates (sometimes called ghost updates) are probably application (as in software application) updates that fixes bugs that cause some applicants not to see their own status update and this is why everyone sees their application updated but only a few see an actual progress and I am one of those and I had earlier (October) seen my application say that it was updated but there was actually nothing.

Bondo2

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Cairo
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am a September 16th applicant and was stuck from July (test completion) until everything got updated to completed on the December 16th update and now nothing.

yukkiRN

Star Member
Nov 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
Med's Done....
22-12-2017
I applied on Sep 15 and am stuck. Only citizenship test is completed. Hopefully will see some movement real soon.

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
I applied on Sep 15 and am stuck. Only citizenship test is completed. Hopefully will see some movement real soon.
Let us know if something. Another guy in this thread who applied on Sept 3 got background completed today so we have hope. Yours is coming soon

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
I applied on September 27, 2021. Got AOR December 15, 2021. Only test completed June 15, 2022. As per GCMS and IRCC Agent, security completed and criminality is in process. Fingers crossed.

Last edited: