+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Thanks for the info. Will wait for tomorrow to contact IRCC and see if there something new.
Ok good luck! Ps. The CBSA "application security activities" gives more details on background screening than ircc notes. In my case it specifically says pending results of CSIS screening with the officer number assigned to the case. I presume you'll be able to see from your notes as to whether criminality is pending with ircc or a third party, and what specifically they are waiting for.

Reactions: ROCK ON

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Ok good luck! Ps. The CBSA "application security activities" gives more details on background screening than ircc notes. In my case it specifically says pending results of CSIS screening with the officer number assigned to the case. I presume you'll be able to see from your notes as to whether criminality is pending with ircc or a third party, and what specifically they are waiting for.
If you don’t mind me asking, can you tell about your security clearance? Is it pending with IRCC or third party ?

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Then the file would be under review and soon in queue for decision.

Did you get CBSA notes? What's your application location? Mine says e-grant test ready. I know in my case that security screening is still in progress. Yours is a different case so you may get lucky with an update!
I checked my old ATIP Notes from IRCC generated on August 4, 2022. Its says E-Grant Test Ready.

kvn20

Nov 17, 2017
Hi all,
Did anyone attended an in person oath ceremony? We are invited to take in person oath in Montreal.

What identification document does a child need for oath ceremony? PR card and health card is okay or anything else they need?
Thanks in advance

shaama10

Nov 14, 2022
Can you guide me on the process of requesting cbsa notes? Have been waiting a while for background etc to be completed but I don’t know where the hold up is.

Bondo2

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Cairo
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Finally oath is scheduled for 20th of January.
Please update on the excel.

Decision made on Dec 7th
Oath inivite Dec 16th
Oath Jan 20

Thanks
Congratulations. Where are you looking for decision made ?. I had everything updated on the tracker to green after the 16th update except the ceremony.
How long did it take to get decision made ?

Bondo2

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Cairo
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you apply online or paper? I applied for my citizenship online and used to check the status of my application through the citizenship tracker. I got my oath date after 2 days when my language, physical and prohibitions changed to completed. I added my detailed timeline in my signature, I hope you can get a rough idea from that. But this may vary for other applications. All the best.
How do you know the processing office on each step as you listed ?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Can you guide me on the process of requesting cbsa notes? Have been waiting a while for background etc to be completed but I don’t know where the hold up is.
Is your background (criminality and security) still pending? You can try calling IRCC to specifically ask (call 10-15 times repeatedly to get through to agent).

You can request gcms notes from IRCC (usually takes 30 days but currently taking a long time). You can also get notes from CBSA, which includes additional information on background security screening.

To make the request, fill the form at the following link (select privacy act and the correct department). In your request, give your UCI and file number and ask for case notes as well as "security screening" details. No need to pay $5 for information act.

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

Nisht

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Canada
Then the file would be under review and soon in queue for decision.

Did you get CBSA notes? What's your application location? Mine says e-grant test ready. I know in my case that security screening is still in progress. Yours is a different case so you may get lucky with an update!
My security screening is not done either. Is the part under security blank in your IRCC ATIP notes? For me it does not event state "not started" and it worries me.

Last edited:
Reactions: ROCK ON

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
My security screening is not done either. Is the part under security blank in your IRCC ATIP notes? For me it does not event state "not started" and it worries me.
what about criminality ? If its blank, that means it has been completed and it is hidden due to some regulations.