+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Thanks! What’s the processing time for the citizenship certificate? We have travel plans for Dec 23 and the oath ceremony is on Nov 23. Is that enough time to get the passport in hand?
It depends on virtual or in-person ceremony. For in-person, one gets it on the same day. For virtual, one has to email them signed oath form and then they mail it out. It can take 2-4 weeks.

If you are just waiting on Canadian passport, your timelines might just work as you can request for urgent (2 days) or express (2-9 days) processing on passport.

knokkelmann16

Jul 6, 2018
Any news from people who received these glitch oath ceremony emails? I emailed ircc about it last week but no answer. Also my tracker hasnt been updated

Saurabh268

Oct 26, 2017
It depends on virtual or in-person ceremony. For in-person, one gets it on the same day. For virtual, one has to email them signed oath form and then they mail it out. It can take 2-4 weeks.

If you are just waiting on Canadian passport, your timelines might just work as you can request for urgent (2 days) or express (2-9 days) processing on passport.
I’m also in a similar boat. Still waiting for the Oath Email. Do you know if we can just go for in-person Path or does the email specifically mention if is online or in-person.

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
I’m also in a similar boat. Still waiting for the Oath Email. Do you know if we can just go for in-person Path or does the email specifically mention if is online or in-person.
Email has the details. If you are in a hurry, you could call them to find out. Email also suggests an option to request for in-person but with a warning that it could be delayed longer.

If just timing is a concern, you could request for them to reschedule irrespective of virtual or in-person. Some folks were lucky, rescheduled dates were just in a next month or so.

onkar112

Star Member
Apr 5, 2022
Hi
Today I got interview email,
Can you please share your experience who has finished your interview
The officer in my interview was very nice. Just checked my ID and asked me about what I do. Asked me abt visits to US (briefly). The interview lasted 3 mins. Officer told me that she'll approve my application and the next step is oath.

All aspects of my application changed to completed 2 days after interview and I received official oath invitation about 2 wks after my interview