+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

can-dreamz

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Hi all, I am back here after a long time n hoping to get some guidance.

Paper Application
Family of 4: Husband, Wife and two kids
App Sent: Sept 28, 2021
AOR: Dec 14, 2021
Finger Prints: Jan 2022
Test status completed: Feb 28,2022
Last status update: March 1

except citizenship test status complete, everything else is “In progress”.

I reached to my MP and the office told to wait as App timeline is now 26 months.
Any idea what’s going on and why is there complete silence with my case?

thanks in advance.
Hi,

We almost have similar timelines. Got an update on September 23 - everything complete and Oath not started. Hopefully you will get an update soon.
What is your processing office? Mine is Hamilton.

Last edited:

Fairmont81

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 September 2014
Nomination.....
Jan 05 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 09 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Docs
File Transfer...
Jan 09 2015
Hi,

We almost have similar timelines. Got an update on September 23 - everything complete and Oath not started. Hopefully you will get an update soon.
What is your processing office?
I don’t know. How do I find my processing office?

kakuyo

Apr 17, 2019
Hi,guys. I have some questions regarding the citizenship certificate. How will I receive the certificate after the oath? If it is by mail, is it possibe to track it, or have to wait and check the mail everyday? Is there an option for electronic vision? And do I have to present the certificate when apply for a passport?

Sh1234567890

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
So looks like for Toronto residents the processing office is generally Scarborough. And there seems to be a 5 month delay between test status update and the others, from what I can tell. My test status update was on the 22nd of June, so maybe the all other updates will be 22nd November?
Hi- I am not a September applicant but just came across this post. I think they are speeding up now. I got everything completed today except kath ceremony and my test was updated less than a month ago on 12 sept.

Reactions: Mthornt

Mani_S

Sep 12, 2022
I had my oath on September 21st and I received my certificate today. Oath office was Winnipeg and I reside in Calgary…hope that helps :)
Thank you
This defenitly helped, I’m wondering whether i can get my certificate then passport before Christmas or not. My oath scheduled on Oct 28.

kari1133

Aug 15, 2021
Finally was able to get through and speak to an ircc agent successfully after calling them back to back this morning. The officer confirmed that my file location was scarborough and that it is still “under review”. The request for urgent processing based on the medical documentation and rationale was rejected as they think I can travel out for based on my PR & indian passport - so its not like citizenship is my last resort. Also no clarity was provided on how long the next steps would take. He only kept repeatedly telling me about how the new processing time is 27 months. My argument was that when I applied the avg processing time was 12 months and that people that have applied this year have moved ahead of the queue. His response was that processing is done randomly and that theres nothing he can do to specifically even in terms of reaching out to the office to let them know that I called to enquire about my status. Ugh so frustrating
New update - All sections marked completed today. Waiting for oath date.
2 days ago, I called ircc again and spoke to a different agent and she actually put me on hold for a long time to send an email to my office (scarborough) to follow up on the status of my application after reviewing all the emails with the medical docs I had submitted asking for an urgent application (these emails were sent back in June/July). Im guessing my tracker update was because of her follow up email to the scr office. So if you are in the same boat, try calling Ircc again. The agent you talk to, also makes a huge difference imo. (The previous agent I had spoken to last week had a ‘it is what it is’ attitude)

Fairmont81

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 September 2014
Nomination.....
Jan 05 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 09 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Docs
File Transfer...
Jan 09 2015

Fairmont81

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 September 2014
Nomination.....
Jan 05 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 09 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Docs
File Transfer...
Jan 09 2015
Hi- I am not a September applicant but just came across this post. I think they are speeding up now. I got everything completed today except kath ceremony and my test was updated less than a month ago on 12 sept.
When did u submit app? And how many applicants? Which office

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
New update - All sections marked completed today. Waiting for oath date.
2 days ago, I called ircc again and spoke to a different agent and she actually put me on hold for a long time to send an email to my office (scarborough) to follow up on the status of my application after reviewing all the emails with the medical docs I had submitted asking for an urgent application (these emails were sent back in June/July). Im guessing my tracker update was because of her follow up email to the scr office. So if you are in the same boat, try calling Ircc again. The agent you talk to, also makes a huge difference imo. (The previous agent I had spoken to last week had a ‘it is what it is’ attitude)
Thank you the input. Can you pls post your timeline ?