+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

mikemma.9295

Jul 31, 2018
Waterloo
I submitted my application on the 28th September 2021. Still waiting for an update. The 3 checks are still pending. Hope to get the oath invite this week or next?
You will probably get an update this week. I submitted my application 4 days before you and got update on Friday last week. Our timeline is pretty much similar except Background Check. Did IRCC request fingerprint for your background check?

wickerman

Jun 20, 2017
You will probably get an update this week. I submitted my application 4 days before you and got update on Friday last week. Our timeline is pretty much similar except Background Check. Did IRCC request fingerprint for your background check?
No they did not. Did you have to submit fingerprints?

I also remembered just now that I submitted fingerprints when I had to have my PR Card reissued. Maybe they already had it in the system so they didn't ask?

mikemma.9295

Jul 31, 2018
Waterloo
Yes, I had to submit new fingerprints as last time I submitted my fingerprints for PR was in 2018.

If you don't mind me asking, did you submit your fingerprints for PR reissuance this year or in 2021? If its in 2022, then that might be the reason they didn't request fingerprints as they still have the results in their system tied to your UCI number.

wickerman

Jun 20, 2017
Yes, I had to submit new fingerprints as last time I submitted my fingerprints for PR was in 2018.

If you don't mind me asking, did you submit your fingerprints for PR reissuance this year or in 2021? If its in 2022, then that might be the reason they didn't request fingerprints as they still have the results in their system tied to your UCI number.
I had my PR card reissued in 2020. I think if its in the last 10 years you dont have to give again right?

mikemma.9295

Jul 31, 2018
Waterloo
I had my PR card reissued in 2020. I think if its in the last 10 years you dont have to give again right?
I think you are getting it confused with Biometrics. Yes, biometrics are valid for 10 years and it includes fingerprints and photo submission which stays in IRCC system and only shared with CBSA to identify the individual during entry into Canada.

Request for fingerprints by IRCC is generally for criminality and background check which is done by RCMP using National Repository Database for criminal records. RCMP forwards the report to IRCC once fingerprints are processed.

Due to the privacy laws, IRCC and RCMP cannot share your fingerprints among each other for running reports (probably only allowed if you pose threat against national security but RCMP should already have your fingerprints at this stage).

Fingerprint request from IRCC could also depend on your current nationality. Certain nationals do not need to provide fingerprints for background check for citizenship application. I don't know the criteria established by IRCC but this could be the reason they didn't ask for your fingerprints.

If anyone else has more insight into it, please share as it is good to know.

Last edited:
Reactions: wickerman

kvn20

Nov 17, 2017
It seems like IRCC cancelled the 1st fingerprint request because of inaction from your end. They will likely send you a new request. Cannot tell you the timeline as it might as well be from couple weeks to couple months.
Yes,I think that is the case. Thank you so much for your reply.

Reactions: mikemma.9295

Xhosa

Jul 25, 2017
Me and my wife applied together on Sep 20 2021, AOR on Dec 7th 2021 and completed test on June 7th 2022. For my wife, tracker shows everything completed but for me, everything is in progress except Test and Background check which is completed. Is this normal in joint application that one applicant is completed while the other is in progress?

For my wife since everything is completed, will she get an email for Oath?

Thanks,

mikemma.9295

Jul 31, 2018
Waterloo
Me and my wife applied together on Sep 20 2021, AOR on Dec 7th 2021 and completed test on June 7th 2022. For my wife, tracker shows everything completed but for me, everything is in progress except Test and Background check which is completed. Is this normal in joint application that one applicant is completed while the other is in progress?

Thanks,
Because you both applied together, IRCC might be considering her as a Primary Applicant while you are a secondary applicant. I have read somewhere in one of the forums that Primary Account gets regular updates while the other stays the same. And once its Oath is complete, status gets updated on all accounts.

Reactions: Xhosa

lffuentes23

Dec 18, 2014
Mexico
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2017
Doc's Request.
15-11-2017
AOR Received.
03-11-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017
I just requested my GCMS notes. I applied on September 15th, Got AOR at the end of November, Test completed on May 12th, waiting for oath invitation. My processing office is Scarborough. No updates so far. Hopefully I get the GCMS notes soon.

BreakingBad

Oct 3, 2015
Mexico
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
NOC Code......

Thanks,
Yes..
Check my previous posts.
My wife wrote her test in India and Me in Canada. My BG, and other status changed in a couple of weeks.
My wife's BGC and others moved to completed a week later and then after ten days they changed back to In progress. And it took more than two monhts for them to change back to complteted. I was just waiting till her process is complete.
She had to attend an interview to move to complete.

Reactions: Xhosa

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
Wohooo, I just logged into my account and found all tabs except Oath are marked as completed on September 18th (Sunday lol might be they were working).

Online Applicant
Applied on September 16, 2021
Got test from Scarborough office.
Test done on May 16, 2022 and updated as completed on May 18, 2022
Overall status: In progress.
Citizenship ceremony: Not started
Rest all fields are now marked as Completed.

When do you think are the chances to get an oath invite?
Congrats. I wonder if you can provide more detail on the last update? When was the background check completed? They all updated as completed on Sep 18? As I called IRCC last month they said I’m on background check right now, the rest shows in progress but actually they haven’t started it, they are wait for the background check to be done.

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Congrats. I wonder if you can provide more detail on the last update? When was the background check completed? They all updated as completed on Sep 18? As I called IRCC last month they said I’m on background check right now, the rest shows in progress but actually they haven’t started it, they are wait for the background check to be done.
Same here. Only test completed. So stressful and confusing.

Arslan-Pervaiz

Star Member
Mar 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
Doc's Request.
21-08-2015