+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

lhead

Jul 7, 2016
Dear admin,
Kindly update the tracker. My ecas shows decision made as on 10th June 2022..

Applied June 2021
Docs returned Aug 2021
Applied again Sept 2021
Aor Dec 2021
Fingerprints request Mar 2022
Test invite April 2022
Test passed April 2022
Background check complete April 2022
Decision made June 10th 2022
Waiting for oath..
Hello, did you get the oath invite? We're August 2021 applicant from Saskatoon with a decision made on May 27. No update afterward.

onkar112

Star Member
Apr 5, 2022
It’s 1 year post-AOR. Not post submission.
ircc service standard was 12 months or 1 yr from date of submission
Of course now it says 26 months

https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1474&top=3

Your processing time starts the day we receive your complete application and ends when we make a decision.

If you apply by mail, the processing time starts when your application arrives in our mailroom.

If you apply online or in-person, it starts when you submit your application.

knokkelmann16

Jul 6, 2018

Your processing time starts the day we receive your complete application and ends when we make a decision.

If you apply by mail, the processing time starts when your application arrives in our mailroom.

So in my case it will be in two weeks

JohnMunch1

Jan 28, 2022

It’s 1 year post-AOR. Not post submission.

I am fully aware of the timelines. You said that in a few days it will be one year of processing time since early September applicants submitted their applications. The date applications are submitted is irrelevant.

My point was that an argument about processing timelines (regardless of the duration) can only be made in reference to the date an AOR is issued (Acknowledgment of Receipt -this is what IRCC means when it says that processing starts the day they receive complete applications).

So assuming the 12-month processing is still applicable to us, September 2021 applicants, then one’s frustration about how much time IRCC takes to fully process applications would only be justified past the 1-year anniversary of the AOR which is around December 2022 for many.

Last edited:
Reactions: ROCK ON and jpan5

onkar112

Star Member
Apr 5, 2022
I am fully aware of the timelines. You said that in a few days it will be one year of processing time since early September applicants submitted their applications. The date applications are submitted is irrelevant.

My point was that an argument about processing timelines (regardless of the duration) can only be made in reference to the date an AOR is issued (Acknowledgment of Receipt -this is what IRCC means when it says that processing starts the day they receive complete applications).

So assuming the 12-month processing is still applicable to us, September 2021 applicants, then one’s frustration about how much time IRCC takes to fully process applications would only be justified past the 1-year anniversary of the AOR which is around December 2022 for many.
I disagree and don't want to argue. Thank you. Bye.

Reactions: saou17

JohnMunch1

Jan 28, 2022
I am fully aware of the timelines. You said that in a few days it will be one year of processing time since early September applicants submitted their applications. The date applications are filed is irrelevant.

My point was that an argument about processing timelines (regardless of the duration length) can only be made in reference to the date an AOR is received. So assuming the 12-month processing is still applicable to us, September 2021 applicants, then one’s frustration about how much time IRCC takes to fully process applications would only be justified past the 1-year anniversary of the AOR.
I disagree and don't want to argue. Thank you. Bye.
You can disagree all you want. You’re just plain wrong. Ever notice how IRCC never refers to Submission Confirmation when discussing processing timelines but does refer to AOR?

As this forum is meant to assist individuals with their different applications, please refrain from stating your opinions as facts, as they are misleading.

onkar112

Star Member
Apr 5, 2022
Processing times*It starts once we receive your complete application at our mailroom. It doesn’t include the time it takes to mail your application.Most online applications: It starts after we check that you submit a complete application.
Online application to become a Canadian citizen: It starts after you submit your application.

https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1475&top=23

Aug 31, 2022
What Onakar112 mentioned is correct. The usual time taken by IRCC was 1 yr to complete the process from submission of application.
Many of my friends who applied got their citizenship in 1 year. This is from the date of application submission. AOR comes after.
However, right now, if you call IRCC, they will just say that the total processing time is 26 months which is over 2 years.
Many people in this group have got their oath ceremony within the 1 yr time period.

kishvih

May 7, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS ----> NDVO
App. Filed.......
06-12-2018
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
19-02-2019
AOR Received.
06-01-2019
File Transfer...
07-05-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2018
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Waiting
Hi All,

Please find my timeline below:

Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1,300 +
Application: Family (Myself + 2 Kids)
Application sent: September 20th, 2021
Application Delivered: September 25th, 2021
Application Returned : December 20th, 2021(Missing second identity documents for my kids)
Application Sent: December 20th, 2021
Application Delivered: December 22nd, 2021
AOR: Feb 16th, 2022 (Only both of my Kids has received AOR by email and after 2 weeks they received hard copy of AOR by mail)
I have not received AOR with my Kids (neither email nor hard copy)
My AOR: I received hard copy of my AOR on April 16th, 2022 (but never an email about AOR)
BG Complete: Mar 9th, 2022
Test Invited: Apr 24th (email between April 29th to May 19th)
Test Taken: April 29th
Test result updated: May 2nd, 2022
Language skills activity status updated: August 30th, 2022 (today)
Prohibitions activity status updated: August 30th, 2022 (today)
Physical presence activity status updated: August 30th, 2022 (today)
Decision Made on ecas login: August 30th, 2022 (today)

Waiting for Oath Ceremony, I wish everyone application should move faster and best of luck.

Javeline

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
AOR Received.
12/4/2017
IELTS Request
Along with application
File Transfer...
12/5/2017
Med's Request
24/4/2018
Med's Done....
11/5/2018 - pass 3 days later
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
23/5/2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2018
LANDED..........
Sep 2018
It has been more than 2 months since my DM and everything completed except oath (Jun 29), dont know why i have to wait for so long and others can get oath update just 1-2 weeks after DM.