+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

andienzen

Jan 15, 2019
Great news! I received the invite for the oath ceremony today. It's scheduled for Sept 6, 2022. Interestingly enough, it will be done by the Winnipeg office even though I live in Montreal. I guess my UP request was approved after all. Everthing is completed now, except "Citizenship ceremony" and (strangely) "Background verification". See my entire timeline below:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Online Citizenship Application:
Montreal single applicant (Physical presence: 1097 days)
Application submitted: Sept. 26, 2021
AOR: Dec. 14, 2021
No fingerprint request
Citizenship test invite: June 03, 2022
Citizenship test window: June 10-30, 2022
Citzenship test taken: June 16, 2022
Citizenship test activity updated to completed: June 20, 2022
Urgent processing request submitted through the webform: July 1, 2022
Language skills, physical presence, prohibitions updated to completed: Aug 18, 2022
Citizenship ceremony invite email received: Aug 19, 2022
Background verification still in progress as of Aug 19, 2022
Citizenship ceremony scheduled for: Sept 6, 2022

andienzen

Jan 15, 2019
Btw, does anyone know if there is a spreadsheet with data about how long the delivery of the citizienship by mail takes for most people?
I wanted to travel back home for my birthday in early October. But one month to receive the certificate and get a passport sounds pretty tight...

nav586

Jun 10, 2019
Hello please find the answers below:
1. 22nd August 2022.
2. IRCC.DNMBSKCITCEREMONIES-CEREMONIESCITMBSKRN.IRCC1@cic.gc.ca (Please note that my processing office was Vancouver but the oath came from Manitoba / Saskatchewan office).
3. I did not send any requests to IRCC throughout the process.

I hope the information is helpful. Let me know if you need anything else.
I got oath invitation from Manitoba and Saskatchewan office but I am in Vancouver .I did my oath on Aug 16 . How long does it take to get update . It still shows oath in progress.

rejjiin

Oct 16, 2019
Cool, thank you for the explanation. It’s been 3.5 months since test marked completed for me. Everything else, including BGC, is in progress. Seriously considering applying for notes but will wait maybe another two weeks.
For me, Test and BG marked completed on May02. No update after that. SCR office is the processing office. I saw someone’s post saying the test and BG marked complete on March 01 and yet to receive further updates. Again it’s the SCR office. So I guess it’s going to be a while by the time they reach mine. I applied online.

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
For me, Test and BG marked completed on May02. No update after that. SCR office is the processing office. I saw someone’s post saying the test and BG marked complete on March 01 and yet to receive further updates. Again it’s the SCR office. So I guess it’s going to be a while by the time they reach mine. I applied online.
Here only test marked completed. Everything else, including background check and except oath, still in progress. Scarborough Office. Don't know when will the processing speed up.

Reactions: Farah2018

Farah2018

Sep 9, 2018
As per my observation, currently the processing time is slower for online applications than paper applications at Scarborough office.

letstalk

Nov 23, 2021
Hey everyone,

After no updates since April, I finally received a test invite on August 17. My test window is August 19, 2022 - September 8, 2022.

Anyway, I just finished the test and I passed it, but I'm still worried if I took the pictures correctly. My ID seems blurry-ish but readable to me, like it wasn't like super HD clear like if we take a photo from a phone or scan it. I also got a bit confused with the pic of yourself if should I look at the screen or the camera. I looked at the screen on mine, because my cam is built in and it's higher than me (old imac).

Hopefully this is all fine. If not, do they contact you or automatically reject you? I'm scared and I just hope all gets accepted.

Thanks! Hope it goes smoothly for everyone else waiting.

Please update my tracker, thank you!

App Sent: Sep 07, 2021
App Type: Online (Single Application)
AOR: Nov 23, 2021
Physical Presence: 1500+ presence days
Test Invite Email: August 17, 2022 (Aug 19 - Sept 8, 2022 test window)
Test Taken: August 22, 2022

Last edited:

Refugeee

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
Can the mod please update the excel Sheet with my details.
Application Type : ONLINE
Processing Centre : Scarborough :( :( :(

Details of your application status
Find out what your status means

• Language skills
    In progress
  • Physical presence
    In progress
  • Citizenship test
    COMPLETED
  • Background verification
    In progress
  • Prohibitions
    In progress
  • Citizenship ceremony
    Not started

Application history

• May 02, 2022 (Ghost Update)
  • Apr 29, 2022

Citizenship test activity status updated
    Citizenship test
    Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed
  • Apr 29, 2022

Scheduled for citizenship test
    Citizenship test
    You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between April 29, 2022 and May 19, 2022. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • Apr 21, 2022
    Citizenship test
  • Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress

• Nov 5, 2021 (A.O.R)

We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.
Application filed : Application Received
Sent : Sep 13, 2021 / Received : Sep 17, 2021

Last edited:
Reactions: ROCK ON

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Can the mod please update the excel Sheet with my details.
Processing Centre : Scarborough :( :( :(

Details of your application status
Find out what your status means

• Language skills
    In progress
  • Physical presence
    In progress
  • Citizenship test
    COMPLETED
  • Background verification
    In progress
  • Prohibitions
    In progress
  • Citizenship ceremony
    Not started
Application history

• Apr 29, 2022

Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed
  • Apr 29, 2022

Scheduled for citizenship test

Citizenship test

You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between April 29, 2022 and May 19, 2022. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • Apr 21, 2022

Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress
  • Nov 5, 2021

Application filed

We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.
Is your application online or paper based ?
Were fingerprints requested ?

ee5267

Jun 18, 2019
Can someone update my info the sheets.

Application: Paper, Family (4)
Application Sent: Sep 27 2021
Application Received: Oct 01 2021
AOR: Dec 22 2021
In process ecas: Jan 21 2022
Background process completed: Jan 25 2022
Test Invite Date: July 20 2022
Test Completed: Aug 04 2022