+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

onkar112

Star Member
Apr 5, 2022
There is definitely a guideline from IRCC regarding informing when you travel after applying for citizeship. Informing IRCC is the best way to go.

MC0284

Nov 21, 2016
I am in a pickle and really clueless about the next steps. My tracker was updated on June 6th, and I was allotted a test window between June 10th and 30th. I never received an instructions email. I called CIC around the 15th, and after making sure it wasn't in my spam, they made a note on my file and asked me to call back if I didn't receive an email. No email came. I called again. Of course, the test window passed. I left an inquiry through their webform. That was two months ago (!!!). What are my options? This is all so frustrating and time-consuming. CIC agents tell me that there is a backlog and officers are busy. Really?!

Reactions: ROCK ON

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
I am in a pickle and really clueless about the next steps. My tracker was updated on June 6th, and I was allotted a test window between June 10th and 30th. I never received an instructions email. I called CIC around the 15th, and after making sure it wasn't in my spam, they made a note on my file and asked me to call back if I didn't receive an email. No email came. I called again. Of course, the test window passed. I left an inquiry through their webform. That was two months ago (!!!). What are my options? This is all so frustrating and time-consuming. CIC agents tell me that there is a backlog and officers are busy. Really?!
Honestly the same thing happened with me. I got update on June 6 that the window is between June 10 and 30. I never received the test invite email. I called IRCC, and the agent sent me the generic test registration instruction email, which is also available on IRCC website. I used that link, signed up and gave the test. The test window ended and I never received the email. In my opinion, you should ask for GCMS.

MC0284

Nov 21, 2016
Honestly the same thing happened with me. I got update on June 6 that the window is between June 10 and 30. I never received the test invite email. I called IRCC, and the agent sent me the generic test registration instruction email, which is also available on IRCC website. I used that link, signed up and gave the test. The test window ended and I never received the email. In my opinion, you should ask for GCMS.
what will asking for GCMS do? genuinely asking.

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
what will asking for GCMS do? genuinely asking.
As you mentioned, you already submitted Webform, you can try submitting again. And IRCC agents don’t have the information on when they will be sending the second attempt test link. Only thing you can do is requesting GCMS. Atleast you would get to know officer notes with respect to your citizenship application.

Reactions: MC0284

MC0284

Nov 21, 2016
As you mentioned, you already submitted Webform, you can try submitting again. And IRCC agents don’t have the information on when they will be sending the second attempt test link. Only thing you can do is requesting GCMS. Atleast you would get to know officer notes with respect to your citizenship application.
ugh, like we have not done enough already to get to this stage. nothing is straightforward. I am so tempted to go to media lol

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
ugh, like we have not done enough already to get to this stage. nothing is straightforward. I am so tempted to go to media lol
I really hope that your citizenship process gets completed. And hope the same for others who are in the queue. But the only thing you can do is requesting GCMS

MC0284

Nov 21, 2016
I really hope that your citizenship process gets completed. And hope the same for others who are in the queue. But the only thing you can do is requesting GCMS
Okay, I have submitted a request for the notes. I assume that will take forever too.

HVAC_Controls

Feb 26, 2017
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-12-2016 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
19-04-2017
Med's Request
09-02-2018
Med's Done....
11-02-2018
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
50-03-2018
LANDED..........
13-08-2018
Sharing my experience, notes are delivered in a period of 30-35 days
I submitted two requests. The first one, I submitted June 20 and I get hear back from them about it since then. The second one, I submitted July 27th and still waiting for the month to pass !! Do you know how to follow up the result of the note ?

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
I submitted two requests. The first one, I submitted June 20 and I get hear back from them about it since then. The second one, I submitted July 27th and still waiting for the month to pass !! Do you know how to follow up the result of the note ?
That's odd, as I also got my two GCMS notes pretty much on time, within 30-35 days. Now waiting for the 3rd set, should arrive in the next 10 days. I use the paid option and pay $5. Maybe the free one isn't processed in time?

Also might depend on the office...

Riz_Sep2021

Apr 14, 2022
That's odd, as I also got my two GCMS notes pretty much on time, within 30-35 days. Now waiting for the 3rd set, should arrive in the next 10 days. I use the paid option and pay $5. Maybe the free one isn't processed in time?

I’m thinking of applying for the notes. Does the additional level of detail in the notes help at all? What’s in there that’s not in the online status tracker?

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
There is an email address for ATIP department mentioned on IRCC. A person can only submit a request. However, there is hardly any reply or acknowledgement (as per my experience).

Reactions: HVAC_Controls

HVAC_Controls

Feb 26, 2017
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-12-2016 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
19-04-2017
Med's Request
09-02-2018
Med's Done....
11-02-2018
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
50-03-2018
LANDED..........
13-08-2018

I applied for the paid one too. I sent new request today, let's see how it goes. Thanks

Reactions: GD.Iron.80