App. Filed.......
23-07-2015
Med's Done....
7-7-2015
VISA ISSUED...
5-8-2015
LANDED..........
Soon
Correct me if I am wrong your Oath date is 22nd August? and you got invite email already. Wow!!
Because if thats the case then you are lucky one. I have seen some people complaining they didn't receive till last day and normally they send only 2-3 days before ceremony.
Yes that is true :)

• Love
Reactions: Arslan-Pervaiz

Bhaskarpaliwal

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2015
Med's Done....
7-7-2015
VISA ISSUED...
5-8-2015
LANDED..........
Soon
1- Oath certificate arrival varies case to case. Some people get in 2-3 days and for some it can be upto 4 weeks. Depends upon your processing office busyness. But you always can request urgent.

2- In person Passport can be get in same day from Service Canada specific location who deals with express service.

3- You need to process your OCI, I believe with BLS. (I have no idea on this. Its just based on Forum Knowledge)

Postponing for 4 month is not good idea, Just do it IMHO.
I concur with your advise. Postponing the citizenship ceremony is definitely not a good idea.
You need to surrender your Indian passport and apply for the OCI through BLS. I am not aware if there is a provision for urgent processing of the OCI though.

Reactions: Hiren Bhatt

rejjiin

Oct 16, 2019
Please Help
Hello Everyone,
OTH invitation received on the tracker. Date is 17 Aug 2022.
My confusion
I have scheduled a vacation for India on the 30th of September. Is there anyone who has any knowledge and personal experience about the below question I have please help..
1) How many days will it take to get Oth certificate?
2) How can I apply for an Emergency Canadian passport? ( As I read I can pay 110$ fees and I can get a fast passport in 2-3 days In-person appointment)
3) How to surrender my Indian passport and how can I get an Indian visitor visa in a 20-25 days time period?

Or I should postpone this Oth for 4 months. / Can I ask them to change my date from 17 Aug to the first week of August? I know this sounds funny.....

Thank you
You may want to do further research on this but I have read on the Indian government website that you can use the Indian passport for 3 months after obtaining foreign citizenship.

Not sure if this has been tested or the practicality of it, so do definitely check in it before trying it out. Link to the website provided below:
https://eoi.gov.in/eoisearch/MyPrint.php?0834?001/0005

Reactions: Hiren Bhatt

DIbraheem

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
On the 8July they requested a photocopy of my passport (all pages) then I replied in the 22 July but nothing back yet?
Test completed 5th July

Reactions: ROCK ON

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Application 17 Sep 2021
Received 01 Dec 2021
Test invite 03 June 2022
Test taken 20 June
Completed 5 july
Request letter 8 july
Email sent 22 July
Is it online application ?
which processing office ?
what is the status of your background check ?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
On the 8July they requested a photocopy of my passport (all pages) then I replied in the 22 July but nothing back yet?
Test completed 5th July
Hey there , what kind of questions comes in test ? Is there any specific dates we have to remember or any history question? Can anyone help please?

nav586

Jun 10, 2019
Hi everyone ,
I have been scheduled for oath ceremony for Aug 16 . After Oath, what’s the procedure for making Canadian passport and surrender of Indian passport.