+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

onkar112

Star Member
Apr 5, 2022
Hello guys, I applied in 2020 but it was return due to photo and then I reapplied again and I received my AOR September 27, May 4 I was told to do my text and I did May 8, untill yesterday I’m receiving a request letter to scanned my passport pages that I have been using to confirm the physical presense… I don’t know if there’s a problem for them asking or if it’s just normal procedure, and rather than mail or courier can’t I use email, although it’s a paper application and sending document via email was not specified in the email they sent but I see people saying they sent there document vie email.
I sent scanned copy of passport via email...there is no issue....follow all instructions for subject line of email and the filename for the scanned passport file (file needs to be < 5 mb)

I believe this request is to verify physical presence

Make sure to get translations done for anything not in english or french

Sumitkumarr1

Star Member
Apr 29, 2019
Is anyone waiting from the Vancouver office? The test was done on May 13th and updated on May 16th still everything is in progress :(

Jammie_2022

Jul 14, 2022
Is anyone waiting from the Vancouver office? The test was done on May 13th and updated on May 16th still everything is in progress :(
My wife application is also listed as in progress. Application submitted in September, received AOR on December 17 2021,BG completed- 8mth March 2022, Test completed and uploaded 15th May 2022. Nothing since then

Farah2018

Sep 9, 2018
It seems online applicants who applied in September are not getting much oath invitations compare to August online applicants. As per tracker sheet, August online applicants are getting their oath invitation within 1 to 2 months after completing the citizenship test. Is there any specific reason that September online applicants are getting very less oath invitation compare to August online applicants?
Thanks

Reactions: ROCK ON

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
It seems online applicants who applied in September are not getting much oath invitations compare to August online applicants. As per tracker sheet, August online applicants are getting their oath invitation within 1 to 2 months after completing the citizenship test. Is there any specific reason that September online applicants are getting very less oath invitation compare to August online applicants?
Thanks
Lets see what happens in the next month. August applicants submitted a month before september applicants. Thats why lets see. Also keep in mind a lot of people don’t update their status on the forum(in threads as well as spreadsheets).

Regards

a_mand2

Jun 11, 2015
Hello all
Paper application
Sent- SEP 2021
AOR- nov 10 2021
Fingerprints requested- 28feb 2022
Got test invitation- 4th March-24th March
Test completed- 4th March 2022
Background check- 26 April completed
I have a query guys, I did my test on 4th March and it’s still says in progress
No update after 26th April

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Also in my timeline it never says test updated even I completed the test on 4th of March. Can anybody help!
You will need to write an email to your local IRCC office that sent you the original test invite giving all your details (UCI, Name, Application Number etc) and the test dates and tell them the status has not changed in several months and asking if they need any additional information to proceed to the next step.

You will need to clearly mention in your email the date you took the test and that the test status has not been marked "Completed" in the tracker.

Arslan-Pervaiz

Star Member
Mar 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
Doc's Request.
21-08-2015
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
06-06-2015
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
-
Also in my timeline it never says test updated even I completed the test on 4th of March. Can anybody help!
I would say call to IRCC and tell your situation, Send Case specific inquiry and also order notes to see whats going on.

I dont think you will be able to get response by replying to test email because most of emails are non monitored one.

Good Luck Buddy!

Reactions: iceman55

TasmanianTiger

Star Member
Oct 2, 2021
This falls into October more than is September but thought I'd share on here anyways.

My Timeline:

Application type: Mail - Sydney, NS
Physical presence: 1796 days
Application: Single
Application sent: Sept 27th, 2021
Application received: Oct 1st, 2021
AOR Received: 22nd October, 2021
BG Check / Fingerprints request: March 17, 2022
Fingerprints done & Submitted: March 21st, 2022
Citizenship Test Invite: March 31st, 2022
RCMP mailed out FP results to CIC on 8th April, 2022
Citizenship Test Done: 19th April, 2022
Fingerprint received on 24th April, 2022
Test updated to Completed on 24th April, 2022
BG Verification updated to Completed on 17th May, 2021
Prohibitions Completed on May 26th, 2022
Phy. Pres Completed on May 26th, 2022
Lang Skills Completed on May 26th, 2022
Decision Made on 26th/27th May, 2022
Oath invite on the 23rd June, 2022
Oath Ceremony on 5th July, 2022
Certificate Received 15th July, 2022

Processing office was Mississauga.
Overall process took 9 months from start to finish.

Good luck to all those in queue waiting to be served.

Hope this helps?

a_mand2

Jun 11, 2015
You will need to write an email to your local IRCC office that sent you the original test invite giving all your details (UCI, Name, Application Number etc) and the test dates and tell them the status has not changed in several months and asking if they need any additional information to proceed to the next step.

You will need to clearly mention in your email the date you took the test and that the test status has not been marked "Completed" in the tracker.
Okay I replied to the email they sent so let’s see what the response is and also how to get local email my office is Kitchener on test

Farah2018

Sep 9, 2018
This falls into October more than is September but thought I'd share on here anyways.

My Timeline:

Application type: Mail - Sydney, NS
Physical presence: 1796 days
Application: Single
Application sent: Sept 27th, 2021
Application received: Oct 1st, 2021
AOR Received: 22nd October, 2021
BG Check / Fingerprints request: March 17, 2022
Fingerprints done & Submitted: March 21st, 2022
Citizenship Test Invite: March 31st, 2022
RCMP mailed out FP results to CIC on 8th April, 2022
Citizenship Test Done: 19th April, 2022
Fingerprint received on 24th April, 2022
Test updated to Completed on 24th April, 2022
BG Verification updated to Completed on 17th May, 2021
Prohibitions Completed on May 26th, 2022
Phy. Pres Completed on May 26th, 2022
Lang Skills Completed on May 26th, 2022
Decision Made on 26th/27th May, 2022
Oath invite on the 23rd June, 2022
Oath Ceremony on 5th July, 2022
Certificate Received 15th July, 2022

Processing office was Mississauga.
Overall process took 9 months from start to finish.

Good luck to all those in queue waiting to be served.

Hope this helps?
Congratulations. Thanks for sharing the updates, it really helps.

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Congratulations. Thanks for sharing the updates, it really helps.
Please keep this in mind, that the forum member to whom you replied has submitted paper application. Looking at the current pattern and trend (based on discussion threads and excel spreadsheet) processing of online applications is comparatively slower.

In my case its been a month since I gave the test. Other than test, everything else is in progress (except oath).

Regards

Reactions: Farah2018

Farah2018

Sep 9, 2018
Please keep this in mind, that the forum member to whom you replied has submitted paper application. Looking at the current pattern and trend (based on discussion threads and excel spreadsheet) processing of online applications is comparatively slower.

In my case its been a month since I gave the test. Other than test, everything else is in progress (except oath).

Regards
I know that @TasmanianTiger application was paper based. I also noticed that paper based application processing time is faster than online application as per spreadsheets.

In my case, it has been almost 3 months since I finished my citizenship test. Background and citizenship test status changed to completed but everything else is in progress(except oath). But August online applicants are getting their oath invitation within 1 to 2 months after completing the citizenship test but September online applicants are not getting the same as per spreadsheet. That is why I was asking in my previous post that "Is there any specific reason that September online applicants are getting very less oath invitation compare to August online applicants?"

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: ROCK ON