+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Hello Forum Members. I got a notification on my tracker on June 6, 2022, that I am scheduled for citizenship test and window is June 10 - June 30, 2022. Now the thing is that I got the notification on my tracker and never got invitation email. As I was worried, I called IRCC, and one of the agents sent me the email with general instructions on how to sign up for the test. I used that link and gave the test on the very first day of the window (June 10, 2022). And the test was updated from “In Progress” to “Completed” within 3 days. My questions are

1) Does the test status change from “In Progress” to “Completed” mean that the score has become official after being validated by the assessing officer in charge ?

2) Should I be worried or concerned as I didnt wait for Invitation Email from the local processing office ?

Forum members please share your views.

Regards
Using my previous post in this matter as the reference point.

I gave the test without invitation email June 10, 2022. And its been marked completed on June 13, 2022. The Test Window (June 10 to June 30, 2022) will be ending in couple of days and I haven’t received any invitation email. My question, does this invitation email also contain the fingerprint request or passport pages request ?

Forum members please share your views

Regards

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
Using my previous post in this matter as the reference point.

I gave the test without invitation email June 10, 2022. And its been marked completed on June 13, 2022. The Test Window (June 10 to June 30, 2022) will be ending in couple of days and I haven’t received any invitation email. My question, does this invitation email also contain the fingerprint request or passport pages request ?

Forum members please share your views

Regards
Since IRCC sent you the link and you cleared the test, and it was marked complete, I don't see a reason for worrying. I read in some forums that some people never got the email and had to take the test using the tracker. To feel peace of mind, call IRCC and stick to the call until someone answers you.

Reactions: ROCK ON

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Since IRCC sent you the link and you cleared the test, and it was marked complete, I don't see a reason for worrying. I read in some forums that some people never got the email and had to take the test using the tracker. To feel peace of mind, call IRCC and stick to the call until someone answers you.
Thank you for the reply. But my question was not conveyed properly. I asked that does the test invitation email contain fingerprint request or passport all pages request ?

Regards

C Wolf

Jun 16, 2022
I asked that does the test invitation email contain fingerprint request or passport pages request ?
The test invitation e-mail should only contain information about the test and look like this
"Hello,
You are invited to further the processing of your citizenship application by taking the Online Canadian Citizenship Test.
The details of your online test are attached to this email."

I am sure if they ask for any other information about fingerprints or passport it would be separate from the test invite process

Reactions: kay1395 and ROCK ON

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
The test invitation e-mail should only contain information about the test and look like this
"Hello,
You are invited to further the processing of your citizenship application by taking the Online Canadian Citizenship Test.
The details of your online test are attached to this email."

I am sure if they ask for any other information about fingerprints or passport it would be separate from the test invite process
Thank you. Congratulations on receiving the Notice to Appear for Oath.

Regards

Reactions: C Wolf

Arslan-Pervaiz

Star Member
Mar 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
Doc's Request.
21-08-2015
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
06-06-2015
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
-
Citizenship application status Updated: June 28, 2022 @ 4:07 pm
Montreal office
Application history
Application filed _____________________________Sep 22, 2021
Background verification _____________________Nov 5, 2021
Scheduled for citizenship test ______________ Jan 14, 2022
Citizenship test ______________________________Jan 20, 2022 Completed
Language skills ___________________________June 20th 2022 Completed
Physical presence _________________________June 20th 2022 Completed
Prohibitions _______________________________June 20th 2022 Completed
Scheduled for Citizenship oath__________July 4th 2022
NOTICE TO APPEAR
e-mail - arrived at 4:07 pm June 28th 2022
Sir/Madam,
You are invited to your Canadian Citizenship Ceremony by video.
The date, time and details of your appointment are attached to this email.
Citizenship Ceremony [ in progress ]
Congratulations!!

I am almost having almost 80% same timelines and my everything went to completed on June 21th so I am hoping I will get Oath invite this week or next week.

C Wolf

Jun 16, 2022
is this matter to our applications in anyway ?
"We’re on track right now to restore our pre-pandemic service standard by the end of this calendar year for virtually every line of business,” said Minister Sean Fraser in a recent interview with CIC News. This article is Part 3 of a special CIC News series summarizing the interview with the minister.

Looks like they're trying to make progress.. a lot of people like to give immigration a hard time because of their personal frustration and sometimes all we need is a little patience, I know it's rough but we're all humans and we're on this journey together.
Good Job and Thank you to the people/officers we never see working hard at the immigration
God Speed on everyone's case.

Thanks for finding this news article jbourne:)

Last edited:
Reactions: saou17

jbourne

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
"We’re on track right now to restore our pre-pandemic service standard by the end of this calendar year for virtually every line of business,” said Minister Sean Fraser in a recent interview with CIC News. This article is Part 3 of a special CIC News series summarizing the interview with the minister.

Looks like they're trying to make progress.. a lot of people like to give immigration a hard time because of their personal frustration and sometimes all we need is a little patience, I know it's rough but we're all humans and we're on this journey together.
Good Job and Thank you to the people/officers we never see working hard at the immigration
God Speed on everyone's case.

Thanks for finding this news article jbourne:)
IRCC is always underfunded.
as a tax payer I feel I should be given priority too, more than anything I need proper communication, transparency and accountability.
my wife's application money still stuck with IRCC they didn't process the refund yet; there are things like this are lacking transparency and accountability.
while I don't say we shouldn't help anyone but while keeping ppl like me or those who are already in Canada in limbo, also MPs are filing petitions and the ministry giving some positive answers while IRCC practicing otherwise.
though I like to give benefit of doubt but for these a hole politicians pandemic is not over yet. Our PM is touring the whole world while his citizens are waiting for passports at 3AM in the morning some are camping at service Canada offices, irony is that the task force he created doesn't include IRCC minister himself. their internal memos show that they anticipated pre pandemic levels of applications yet we are here.