+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
What is this test interview date on the spreadsheet? Is there an interview as well?
I believe it refers to the actual date when the test was taken by the applicant, as it is different from the date you receive the test invite. Also, it used to be that applicant would do interviews after the test when they were in person, before the Covid era. So maybe that's why they put test/interview date in the sheet. These are templates from previous years and updated with the current year.

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Hi all,

I had my fingerprints taken two weeks ago but did get any updates regarding the background check yet. Is that normal to take so long to get it updated? I called RMCP and they said the document was submitted to IRCC just a few days after my appointment with them.

Thank you!
Mine took like 4 weeks to update

kay1395

Sep 4, 2021
1 - Yes they may ask you anything from the Guide, including the footnotes. However, I found the test to be very easy and mostly focused on - Canadian laws, consitution, rights and responsibilities of citizenship, the more modern history, and basic geography. However, I would prepare well so you dont forget dates etc., It took me about a week. I did pay for 2 prep tests online though. Citizenshipsupport.ca was pretty good. Yourlibrary.ca was pretty good. And Canadiancitizenshiptests.ca was okay (many questions were written with grammatical errors but they did cover some nitty gritty details that the others didnt).

2. Pretty easy. I finished it in about 3 mins.

3. Go by the Discover Canada guide. Yes they have outdated info - like the number of electoral districts, population etc., But just keep the updated info in mind, so you can recognize it in the options.
Thank you so much for the detailed reply and the resources! Btw, do they ask about our province's election rules, current government, etc.?

Last edited:

h_s_d

Jun 14, 2017
Hi all,

I had my fingerprints taken two weeks ago but did get any updates regarding the background check yet. Is that normal to take so long to get it updated? I called RMCP and they said the document was submitted to IRCC just a few days after my appointment with them.

Thank you!
I got FP request on April 12
Received by IRCC on May 2
And passed BG on May 27

I would say wait for another week or two

wickerman

Jun 20, 2017
Thank you so much for the detailed reply and the resources! Btw, do they ask about our province's election rules, current government, etc.?
Yes I would memorize the Governor General, PM, federal opposition parties amd their leaders in the house of Commons, your province's premier, lieutenant Governor, opposition parties and leaders, your city's mayor, and your federal and provincial electoral district names.

Reactions: kay1395

Javeline

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
AOR Received.
12/4/2017
IELTS Request
Along with application
File Transfer...
12/5/2017
Med's Request
24/4/2018
Med's Done....
11/5/2018 - pass 3 days later
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
23/5/2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2018
LANDED..........
Sep 2018
Hey! Did you get your Oath invite yet?

Got scheduled for July 5th 2022.
No, nothing yet. But congratulations. did they send email to tell you that DM was made and Oath was scheduled?
My proceesing office is Vancouver, yours is not the same I guess?

nirm.123

May 26, 2022
Hi all,

Thank you!
Did yo get the test invite ?

nirm.123

May 26, 2022
Anyone still waiting for Test invite after FP done a month ago ?

AOR - Dec 7,
FP requested - May 25
FP done - May 26

No updates after that

Shamon

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Hi All,
all my status turned to "completed" except the ceremony (ceremony said not started yet). I am just wondering how long usually does it take to receive the ceremony invitation/email? Thanks in advance for your time.

sukhbuttar

May 13, 2019
Today it shows my background verification completed
I did finger prints on June 8, tracker updates today and shows it was completed on June 24

prohibitions, physical presence and language still in progress,

oath not started yet.
How long more wait, any idea.
Thanks in advance