+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Oh wow so you finally got Oath invite. Congratulations buddy.
We are processing through the same office and also took our tests on the same date. Yet for me everything else except Background and test is in progress.
Thank you.

My guess is they'll take their time and probably give you update next month.. IRCC is trying to complete applications within 11 or 12 months of when you applied.

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
Yup. Prohibitions etc in progresss. Bground n test completed. The weird thing is i dont get any emails feim ircc.
the email usually comes on the first date of the window. Even you don’t get the email but if it’s still there you should call so they can fix it for you. I’m just afraid if you ignore it, miss it it may affect your test status eventually.

Optymystyc

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2011
File Transfer...
DM - 27th Aug 2013
Med's Request
Dec 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
28th Oct 2013
Wow, first of all congratulation.
Secondly, I was surprised and wondered if your case was mine. Some details match perfectly.
I was asked to submit FP on March 1, done next day and FP received on 24 th April 2022.
My invitation came on 5 April, done on 19th April, updated to completed on 25 th April.
BG verification updated to completed on 18th May 2022.
Others still in process!

Did you receive any email to inform you that you have passed all checks and steps?
Thank you!
Hey! Did you get your Oath invite yet?

Got scheduled for July 5th 2022.

Reactions: Javeline and saou17

Melsoob

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
Took the test on 21st of June. Test updated to completed on June 23rd. Everything else is still in progress. Waiting game now.

wickerman

Jun 20, 2017
I would be interested to know the answer as well. But I think it depends on your processing centre. You can only compare processing times within a processing centre.
Probably. My processing center is Sydney Nova Scotia. Anyone know what their processing timelines are like?

madhur.k

Apr 1, 2022
Mine is also Scarborough Processing Office.

Test - Completed
Prohibitions, Background Check, Language, Physical Presence - In Progress
Oath - Not Started

Please share updates

Regards
same office for me and similar status, test completed may 12 - no update since then, everything else in progress since..I think we should see some movement by july.

kay1395

Sep 4, 2021
Hi all, I need to take the test soon but I'm confused about a few things and hope to get some clarity here.

- There are sooo many dates and names in the Discover Canada guide and I really don't know how I'm supposed to memorize all of them. Do they ask about every single detail or just the major dates, events and people? Some say you need to memorize even the captions of pictures..

- How difficult is the test?

- There is outdated info in the Discover Canada guide (e.g. population of Canada and provinces). In that case, should we answer based on the guide, or based on current figures?

C Wolf

Jun 16, 2022
Hi all, I need to take the test soon but I'm confused about a few things and hope to get some clarity here.
- How difficult is the test? -
- There is outdated info in the Discover Canada guide (e.g. population of Canada and provinces). In that case, should we answer based on the guide, or based on current figures?
Hi, I found the test to be easy
I used this link Discover Canada and read the book once.
I also used Richmond Public Library | Citizenship Practice Test
and that's all you should need. goodluck and have fun learing about Canadian history.

Reactions: saou17 and kay1395

butterspoo

Jun 25, 2022
Hi all,

I had my fingerprints taken two weeks ago but did get any updates regarding the background check yet. Is that normal to take so long to get it updated? I called RMCP and they said the document was submitted to IRCC just a few days after my appointment with them.

Thank you!

wickerman

Jun 20, 2017

- There are sooo many dates and names in the Discover Canada guide and I really don't know how I'm supposed to memorize all of them. Do they ask about every single detail or just the major dates, events and people? Some say you need to memorize even the captions of pictures..

- How difficult is the test?

1 - Yes they may ask you anything from the Guide, including the footnotes. However, I found the test to be very easy and mostly focused on - Canadian laws, consitution, rights and responsibilities of citizenship, the more modern history, and basic geography. However, I would prepare well so you dont forget dates etc., It took me about a week. I did pay for 2 prep tests online though. Citizenshipsupport.ca was pretty good. Yourlibrary.ca was pretty good. And Canadiancitizenshiptests.ca was okay (many questions were written with grammatical errors but they did cover some nitty gritty details that the others didnt).

2. Pretty easy. I finished it in about 3 mins.

3. Go by the Discover Canada guide. Yes they have outdated info - like the number of electoral districts, population etc., But just keep the updated info in mind, so you can recognize it in the options.

Reactions: kay1395 and saou17

wickerman

Jun 20, 2017
Thanks for all the help and support

I received my citizenship certificate on friday

I posted my timeline on the spreadsheet, hope it helps someone else!
What is this test interview date on the spreadsheet? Is there an interview as well?