+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
My friend finished her test exactly 1 month before me (May 6 updated as mine was updated on Jun 6 that test is completed) and she got another updated on May 27 for background check completed so I’m expecting I will get another update soon before the end of June for background check completed. Will update you guys if I have anything new. I’m from Toronto, me and my friend both have Scarborough office.

Reactions: saou17

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
I think you understood it wrong, why would the test status changed back to “in process” if you already passed the test? Once the test is validated and the status changed from “in progress” to completed and you got a passed grade during the test (15 or more/20 right) you are done, move on. Unless you got less than 15/20 then the test status still will be changed to completed and changed back when you failed the first attempt and are given a retake date. But regardless, completed means test result is already validated. Whether the status will be changed back or not depends on what score you had during the test. But no one failed here as I know so don’t worries, completed means you passed.
Not to get into a long, drawn-out arguments but the point I'm trying to make (unsuccessfully it seems) is that your result will show completed after you have taken the test and what happens afterwards depends on the outcome of the test validation. It will stay completed and proceed to the next stage if you pass otherwise it goes to in progress. And no, not scoring atleast 15/20 is not the only reason your test goes back to in progress as you purport but also due to myriad of reasons including but not limited to technical as well as a suspicion of cheating during the test. There are few forum members who reported this eventhough it's a tiny minority hence why I wrote "but this is for the minority of applicants so you can be "reasonably" relaxed that you have officially passed the test". I used IRCC explanation and experiences of other forum member to inform my reply to the original poster. Sorry if there is a misunderstanding but that's my understanding of it.

Good luck to everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: ROCK ON

knokkelmann16

Jul 6, 2018
seems like a glitch - that's what I got this one today

Application history

• Jun 27, 2022

Scheduled for citizenship test

Citizenship test

You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between June 27, 2022 and July 18, 2022. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • Jun 22, 2022

Citizenship test activity status updated

Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed
  • Jun 20, 2022

Citizenship test

You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between June 20, 2022 and July 11, 2022. Information and instructions will be sent to you.

Bhaskarpaliwal

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2015
Med's Done....
7-7-2015
VISA ISSUED...
5-8-2015
LANDED..........
Soon
Okay so I am not alone in this. Exactly the same thing happened. I was lucky I checked the tracker for the status change. Otherwise I would have missed the test! My window was June 10 to June 30 too. I just took it a couple of days ago and the status changed to "Completed", just today.

General question - how long does it take from this to receiving the citizenship ceremony invite? Any estimates anyone knows ?
I would be interested to know the answer as well. But I think it depends on your processing centre. You can only compare processing times within a processing centre.

Bhaskarpaliwal

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2015
Med's Done....
7-7-2015
VISA ISSUED...
5-8-2015
LANDED..........
Soon
my timeline is in signature, hope this gives you an idea but not all applications are treated same and not all processing office work at same pace.
Oh wow so you finally got Oath invite. Congratulations buddy.
We are processing through the same office and also took our tests on the same date. Yet for me everything else except Background and test is in progress.

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
My friend finished her test exactly 1 month before me (May 6 updated as mine was updated on Jun 6 that test is completed) and she got another updated on May 27 for background check completed so I’m expecting I will get another update soon before the end of June for background check completed. Will update you guys if I have anything new. I’m from Toronto, me and my friend both have Scarborough office.
Mine is also Scarborough Processing Office.

Test - Completed
Prohibitions, Background Check, Language, Physical Presence - In Progress
Oath - Not Started

Please share updates

Regards

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
Not to get into a long, drawn-out arguments but the point I'm trying to make (unsuccessfully it seems) is that your result will show completed after you have taken the test and what happens afterwards depends on the outcome of the test validation. It will stay completed and proceed to the next stage if you pass otherwise it goes to in progress. And no, not scoring atleast 15/20 is not the only reason your test goes back to in progress as you purport but also due to myriad of reasons including but not limited to technical as well as a suspicion of cheating during the test. There are few forum members who reported this eventhough it's a tiny minority hence why I wrote "but this is for the minority of applicants so you can be "reasonably" relaxed that you have officially passed the test". I used IRCC explanation and experiences of other forum member to inform my reply to the original poster. Sorry if there is a misunderstanding but that's my understanding of it.

Good luck to everyone.
After you take the test, one of our officers will review your result to make it official. They’ll record your official test result as 1 of 3 options:

• Pass
  • Fail
  • Invalidated
Your result is only official after this review.

Your application status will show as “completed” if you received a pass or a fail.

Your status will show “in progress” if your

• test hasn’t been reviewed yet
  • test was cancelled and rescheduled
  • results were invalidated
    I just don’t know how you would interpret this but as I understand it your test either could only be pass or fail or invalidated, 3 options after one test is taken. Once it is changed to “completed” meaning you either pass or fail and it’s not invalidated which means it is validated meaning you are not cheating because once it is changed to “completed” it means it’s official and they already reviewed your result and they made it official, also means they validated the result that you weren’t cheating. So for it to be changed back to in progress the only reason is because you failed the test and you need to retake (not talking about technical issue). And I know it won’t be changed back for whoever here because I think all the people here passed the test, and once it’s completed it’s official they won’t spend time to recheck once it’s already reviewed. This is the last time I explained how I understand it’s no point to argue about this.
    It could just be my belief about how the test status update works and it doesn’t matter, whatever we believe won’t affect the process of our application, all we can do now is to wait, whatever has to come will come. Good luck everyone. Hope to hear good news from here.

Last edited:
Reactions: ROCK ON

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
Mine is also Scarborough Processing Office.

Test - Completed
Prohibitions, Background Check, Language, Physical Presence - In Progress
Oath - Not Started

Please share updates

Regards
I will. I think one month for background check update, another month for oath scheduled and the date will be 2-3 weeks after that and we should get the citizenship certificate by the end of Sep or Oct.

Last edited:

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
After you take the test, one of our officers will review your result to make it official. They’ll record your official test result as 1 of 3 options:

• Pass
  • Fail
  • Invalidated
Your result is only official after this review.

Your application status will show as “completed” if you received a pass or a fail.

Your status will show “in progress” if your

• test hasn’t been reviewed yet
  • test was cancelled and rescheduled
  • results were invalidated
    I just don’t know how you would interpret this but as I understand it your test either could only be pass or fail or invalidated, 3 options after one test is taken. Once it is changed to “completed” meaning you either pass or fail and it’s not invalidated which means it is validated meaning you are not cheating because once it is changed to “completed” it means it’s official and they already reviewed your result and they made it official, also means they validated the result that you weren’t cheating. So for it to be changed back to in progress the only reason is because you failed the test and you need to retake (not talking about technical issue). And I know it won’t be changed back for whoever here because I think all the people here passed the test, and once it’s completed it’s official they won’t spend time to recheck once it’s already reviewed. This is the last time I explained how I understand it’s no point to argue about this.
Interestingly enough, the post quoted below was posted a few comment above yours which is germane to this discussion as it is relevant to your earlier question of "why would test change to "in progress" after completed. Like I said earlier, I used IRCC information and forum members' experiences to answer the original question. As I have learned from this whole exercise, what some members experiences (albeit a tiny minority) don't usually line up with what IRCC says so I try to use both as a guide and that's why I offered a more nuanced response to the original question. This is my last take take on this subject (like I said I don't want to get bogged down in long, tortuous arguments)

And by the way, nothing you have written repudiates my earlier response.

Good luck.

Application history

• Jun 27, 2022

Citizenship test

You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between June 27, 2022 and July 18, 2022. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • Jun 22, 2022

Citizenship test

• Jun 20, 2022

Citizenship test

You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between June 20, 2022 and July 11, 2022. Information and instructions will be sent to you.

Last edited:

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
Interestingly enough, the post quoted below was posted a few comment above yours which is germane to this discussion as it is relevant to your earlier question of "why would test change to "in progress" after completed. Like I said earlier, I used IRCC information and forum members' experiences to answer the original question. As I have learned from this whole exercise, what some members experiences (albeit a tiny minority) don't usually line up with what IRCC says so I try to use both as a guide and that's why I offered a more nuanced response to the original question. This is my last take take on this subject (like I said I don't want to get bogged down in long, tortuous arguments)

Good luck.
Again, I said not including technical issue. Also the post just said he/she was rescheduled for test but didn’t say his/her test status is changed back to in progress. There is no test status updated again on that post, it only says he/she was rescheduled (my guess is that his test status is still in “completed”) I may be wrong but it doesn’t matter because if it’s technical issue, he/she shouldn’t be worried so much about it so much, just call IRCC and asked why and let them know about the issue. Last comment about it. Thank you.

Last edited:

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018

Application history

• Jun 27, 2022

Citizenship test

• Jun 22, 2022

Citizenship test

• Jun 20, 2022

Citizenship test

Is your test status still “completed”? Or it got changed back to “in progress”? I think it’s just a glitch but you may need to call IRCC to let them know so they can fix it for you.

knokkelmann16

Jul 6, 2018
Is your test status still “completed”? Or it got changed back to “in progress”? I think it’s just a glitch but you may need to call IRCC to let them know so they can fix it for you.
It was like this this morning. I have never gotten any email from irccc beside the test activation link. I am not sure if i want to waste 1-2 hours to get to speak to someone from ircc, should i?

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
It was like this this morning. I have never gotten any email from irccc beside the test activation link. I am not sure if i want to waste 1-2 hours to get to speak to someone from ircc, should i?
If you are scheduled again then you may receive another activation link on the first date of the test window just like what happened to me (I didn’t get scheduled for test again I’m talking about receiving they link on the first date of the test window) It’s all your choice you can wait or call but if it was me it would be on my mind all the time if I don’t get it fixed or get an explanation for it. I called IRCC before only 20-45 mins but I really think you should do something, probably they weren’t aware of this system glitch if you don’t let them know.
Also can you clarify what your test status right now? Is it still as completed or it changed back to “in progress” as I don’t see you have a test status updated.

knokkelmann16

Jul 6, 2018
If you are scheduled again then you may receive another activation link on the first date of the test window just like what happened to me (I didn’t get scheduled for test again I’m talking about receiving they link on the first date of the test window) It’s all your choice you can wait or call but if it was me it would be on my mind all the time if I don’t get it fixed or get an explanation for it. I called IRCC before only 20-45 mins but I really think you should do something, probably they weren’t aware of this system glitch if you don’t let them know.
Also can you clarify what your test status right now? Is it still as completed or it changed back to “in progress” as I don’t see you have a test status updated.
The status has been updated to test completed. I scored 20/20. I think i will give em a call next week