+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

h_s_d

Jun 14, 2017
For all who have given the online test:

1) Can we take the test on the weekend and can we take it at any time?
2) Do we need to remember names of MLA, MP etc. for the test?
Yes you can take the test anytime
And yes I would recommend to remember names of MLA and MP representing your constituency

Reactions: saou17 and onkar112

andienzen

Jan 15, 2019
Update after taking the citizenship test

Citizenship application status Updated: June 20, 2022
Montreal office - online
Physical presence - 1097 days
Application submitted: Sep 26, 2021
AOR: Dec 14, 2021
Citizenship test invite: June 3, 2022
Citzenship test taken: June 16, 2022
Citizenship test: Completed, June 20, 2022
Language skills: In progress
Physical presence: In progress
Prohibitions: In progress
Background verification: In progress
==============
Citizenship Ceremony [ Not Started ]
==============

Reactions: ROCK ON

abidm6

Star Member
Dec 19, 2015
Guys a general question.
As online application does not have access to ECAS. So when in tracker everything is completed except OATH, does it means DECISION MADE and waiting for Oath?

C Wolf

Jun 16, 2022
Updated today :).
Citizenship application status Updated: June 22, 2022
Montreal office
Application history
Application filed _____________________________Sep 22, 2021
Background verification _____________________Nov 5, 2021
Scheduled for citizenship test ______________ Jan 14, 2022
Citizenship test ______________________________Jan 20, 2022 Completed
Language skills ___________________________June 20th 2022 Completed
Physical presence _________________________June 20th 2022 Completed
Prohibitions _______________________________June 20th 2022 Completed
Scheduled for Citizenship oath__________July 4th 2022
Citizenship Ceremony [ in progress ]

Bhaskarpaliwal

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2015
Med's Done....
7-7-2015
VISA ISSUED...
5-8-2015
LANDED..........
Soon
Citizenship application status Updated: June 22, 2022
Montreal office
Application history
Application filed _____________________________Sep 22, 2021
Background verification _____________________Nov 5, 2021
Scheduled for citizenship test ______________ Jan 14, 2022
Citizenship test ______________________________Jan 20, 2022 Completed
Language skills ___________________________June 20th 2022 Completed
Physical presence _________________________June 20th 2022 Completed
Prohibitions _______________________________June 20th 2022 Completed
Scheduled for Citizenship oath__________July 4th 2022
Citizenship Ceremony [ in progress ]
Congratulations. Was this urgent processing?

Reactions: C Wolf

C Wolf

Jun 16, 2022
Congratulations. Was this urgent processing?
At the time I did not need it but I decided if I wanted to visit family before they passed away
I did sent in paper as Urgent Processing last september, however my close relative passed away last december while I was waiting..
since then I am no longer in a rush.
so after it took 5 month's from jan to june my guess was it just went back to normal processing?

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Update after taking the citizenship test

Citizenship application status Updated: June 20, 2022
Montreal office - online
Physical presence - 1097 days
Application submitted: Sep 26, 2021
AOR: Dec 14, 2021
Citizenship test invite: June 3, 2022
Citzenship test taken: June 16, 2022
Citizenship test: Completed, June 20, 2022
Language skills: In progress
Physical presence: In progress
Prohibitions: In progress
Background verification: In progress
==============
Citizenship Ceremony [ Not Started ]
==============

Exactly similar to my scenario

Citizenship application status Updated - June 15, 2022
Scarborough office - Online
Physical presence - 1100 days
Application submitted: Sep 27, 2021
AOR - Dec 15, 2021
Citizenship test invite - June 6, 2022
Citizenship Test Window - June 10 to June 30, 2022
Citzenship test taken - June 10, 2022
Citizenship test from “In Progress” to “Completed” - June 15, 2022
Language skills - In progress
Physical presence - In progress
Prohibitions - In progress
Background verification - In progress
Citizenship Ceremony - Not Started

Kindly share updates.

Regards

Reactions: saou17

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Hello Forum Members. I got a notification on my tracker on June 6, 2022, that I am scheduled for citizenship test and window is June 10 - June 30, 2022. Now the thing is that I got the notification on my tracker and never got invitation email. As I was worried, I called IRCC, and one of the agents sent me the email with general instructions on how to sign up for the test. I used that link and gave the test on the very first day of the window (June 10, 2022). And the test was updated from “In Progress” to “Completed” within 3 days. My questions are

1) Does the test status change from “In Progress” to “Completed” mean that the score has become official after being validated by the assessing officer in charge ?

2) Should I be worried or concerned as I didnt wait for Invitation Email from the local processing office ?

Forum members please share your views.

Regards

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Hello Forum Members. I got a notification on my tracker on June 6, 2022, that I am scheduled for citizenship test and window is June 10 - June 30, 2022. Now the thing is that I got the notification on my tracker and never got invitation email. As I was worried, I called IRCC, and one of the agents sent me the email with general instructions on how to sign up for the test. I used that link and gave the test on the very first day of the window (June 10, 2022). And the test was updated from “In Progress” to “Completed” within 3 days. My questions are

1) Does the test status change from “In Progress” to “Completed” mean that the score has become official after being validated by the assessing officer in charge ?

2) Should I be worried or concerned as I didnt wait for Invitation Email from the local processing office ?

Regards
1. Yes and No. "Completed" simply means you have attempted and completed the test. You won't receive any notification that your test result has been verified and the only way to be sure your score is official is if Prohibitions, Language Skills, and Physical Presence change to "completed". Otherwise, you will receive a notification for a retest if there was an issue with your test but this is for the minority of applicants so you can be "reasonably" relaxed that you have officially passed the test.

2. No. No need to worry at all. A large number of people had to call to get their e-mail as well and some have taken their oath of citizenship.

Good luck.

wickerman

Jun 20, 2017

Regards
Okay so I am not alone in this. Exactly the same thing happened. I was lucky I checked the tracker for the status change. Otherwise I would have missed the test! My window was June 10 to June 30 too. I just took it a couple of days ago and the status changed to "Completed", just today.

General question - how long does it take from this to receiving the citizenship ceremony invite? Any estimates anyone knows ?

Reactions: saou17

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
Okay so I am not alone in this. Exactly the same thing happened. I was lucky I checked the tracker for the status change. Otherwise I would have missed the test! My window was June 10 to June 30 too. I just took it a couple of days ago and the status changed to "Completed", just today.

General question - how long does it take from this to receiving the citizenship ceremony invite? Any estimates anyone knows ?
As I read the instructions, one the test is updated as completed meaning your test result is already validated by an officer so no worries about that. If there was any problem with your test, it would be in progress not “completed”

Your application status will show as “completed” if you received a pass or a fail.

Your status will show “in progress” if your

• test hasn’t been reviewed yet
  • test was cancelled and rescheduled
  • results were invalidated

• I think normally it will take another 2-3 months for the next updates.

Reactions: saou17 and ROCK ON

knokkelmann16

Jul 6, 2018

Would love to know this too!!!!