+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

RS5

Jun 2, 2022
Hey,
As far as I know you CANNOT travel ONLY with your old passport. Once the oath is completed you are a Canadian Citizen, regardless of the fact whether you have your Canadian passport or not. Passport and Citizenship are two different things. Once you are a Canadian Citizen (taken the oath), you need a Canadian Passport to re-enter this country.
Thank you. I’ll try to know more as I would probably be in this situation soon. In such case i might have to obtain the passport from the embassy in Europe if I am outisde.

Sunny7373

Sep 9, 2014
Hi i am new to this group, mine is a family citizenship application which was finally received by cic in September after once returned to me because one paper was missing in my son's application. And we submitted my wife's bio metrics in February 2022 ,her background check status was updated in February only, after that we don't have any news.

Bhaskarpaliwal

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2015
Med's Done....
7-7-2015
VISA ISSUED...
5-8-2015
LANDED..........
Soon
Thank you. I’ll try to know more as I would probably be in this situation soon. In such case i might have to obtain the passport from the embassy in Europe if I am outisde.
Not sure about that check with IRCC before travelling.

Reactions: RS5

witani

May 25, 2022
Hi All,

Does anyone have an email for Montreal Office? Trying to send them an email about my FP that was delivered but they show it as not rec'd till now!

Hi All,

Reposting this as I didn't get any replies.

Does anyone have an email for Montreal Office? Trying to send them an email about my FP that was delivered but they show it as not rec'd till now!

Seedorf_20

Jun 1, 2022
Hi All,

Hello, I don’t but I can see that for Montreal things seems slower in general perhaps. Mine was last updated on March 21 as test completed then nothing. So it could be a waiting game only.

yukkiRN

Star Member
Nov 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
Med's Done....
22-12-2017
Hi All,

I don’t have email either but just wanted to let you know mine took 3 weeks from the day I took fp to be updated as received, and then, another 3 weeks since but my background check is still “in process”

C Wolf

Jun 16, 2022
Hi, I hope my information can help someone somehow with their timeline
Montreal office

Citizenship application status Updated: January 21, 2022

Application history
Application filed ______________________________Sep 22, 2021
Background verification ______________________Nov 5, 2021
Scheduled for citizenship test _______________ Jan 14, 2022
Citizenship test _______________________________Jan 20, 2022 Completed

Language skills In progress
Physical presence In progress
Prohibitions In progress
Citizenship ceremony Not Started

Single applicant
PR Landed for 34 years 1 month.

Good Luck everyone, I wish you all the best on your application and life in Canada.