+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

Iyan123

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Thanks for the advice. So I reply to their email and change the subject to 'outside canada'? Do I need to explain why I can't return for the test?
When you receive the invite email, they will provide you the steps if you are outside canada. They provided me with an email where I need to send an email with a subject ‘outside canada’. In the email, they told me to Provide the name, application number and the start and end date of the test. They responded to me the second day saying that i was approved to do the test from outside canada. There is no need to explain why you are outside canada or why you can’t come back.

nurat

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Hello everyone! I applied online on Sep 3, 2021. Except for the conformation email that came on the same day, there has been nothing at all.

Anyone in a similar situation? And any recommendations on what to do?

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
Hello everyone! I applied online on Sep 3, 2021. Except for the conformation email that came on the same day, there has been nothing at all.

Anyone in a similar situation? And any recommendations on what to do?
Did you log in online to see if there is any update? For the update there is no email notification so you have to log in to see if they made any update on your application.

Also, you can call IRCC not to rush them because they would say each case is unique you can’t compare your case to anyone else’s. But you can ask if is there anymore they can help you to check and tell you, if you see no update online probably they would say no they don’t see anything yet and you will have to wait until they need you to do anything they will contact you. You can also ask where is your application right now? Which office it is at? Either Sydney or your local office, if the application is in local office then it’s moving, but if it’s in local office there should be a ghost update in your application, “ghost update” meaning the date that your application was updated is recent but there is no obvious update in your profile, but at least someone has opened up your application and processing it.
Pretty much all you can do is waiting because processing time is 27 months I think I checked last night so you can’t do anything else. Normally it takes 9-12 months to complete the application but again each case is unique and can’t be compared.

Reactions: saou17

sukhbuttar

May 13, 2019
Today it shows I have to do a fingerprint test, but I didn’t receive any email yet, should I just call them?
Same thing happened with me when I had my citizenship test. I called and then they send me an email same day

yukkiRN

Star Member
Nov 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
Med's Done....
22-12-2017
Today it shows I have to do a fingerprint test, but I didn’t receive any email yet, should I just call them?
Same thing happened with me when I had my citizenship test. I called and then they send me an email same day
I had to take fp as well. the email didn’t come right away but in 2 days after update.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
When you receive the invite email, they will provide you the steps if you are outside canada. They provided me with an email where I need to send an email with a subject ‘outside canada’. In the email, they told me to Provide the name, application number and the start and end date of the test. They responded to me the second day saying that i was approved to do the test from outside canada. There is no need to explain why you are outside canada or why you can’t come back.
Thank you for the guidance, it's very helpful!

Reactions: Iyan123

nav586

Jun 10, 2019
I got an update in account about fingerprints and test . I got an email for finger print . Are we getting an email for test as well because I only got update about it in account. Please advise any one experience the same .

sapoorva

Jul 3, 2018
Application type: Online
Physical presence:1104 days
Application: Single
Application sent: Sept 29, 2021
Application received: Sept 29, 2021
AOR: Dec 17, 2021
Test update on Tracker: June 8th (Test to be taken between June 13th to July 3rd)

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
Application type: Online
Physical presence:1104 days
Application: Single
Application sent: Sept 29, 2021
Application received: Sept 29, 2021
AOR: Dec 17, 2021
Test update on Tracker: June 8th (Test to be taken between June 13th to July 3rd)
This is great and moving along. My AOR is 4-5 weeks after yours. If the process is straightforward, then my turn would be in a month or so from now. I hope so! My tracker shows no updates in my application.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Received FP request email today. Anyone have experience of giving fingerprints abroad to a processing Agency? Is it a straightforward process?
Is COPR/Landing paper needed for Fingerprinting? It is mentioned in the letter but I don't have it on me (on vacation). The agency says it's optional, but I want to be sure.

yukkiRN

Star Member
Nov 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
Med's Done....
22-12-2017
Is COPR/Landing paper needed for Fingerprinting? It is mentioned in the letter but I don't have it on me (on vacation). The agency says it's optional, but I want to be sure.
I did mine in Canada at local Commissionaries. They didn’t ask to show landing paper but just a letter from IRCC, driver’s license and passport for personal ID

Reactions: johnjkjk

Max_K

Oct 28, 2017
Russia
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
14-10-2017
I've got my tracker updated on May 23 with the Oath ceremony scheduled for June 16. However, I am yet to receive an email with the invitation. Any idea how far in advance this gets sent out? It's about a week before my ceremony.

Reactions: msamajdar

Iyan123

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
I've got my tracker updated on May 23 with the Oath ceremony scheduled for June 16. However, I am yet to receive an email with the invitation. Any idea how far in advance this gets sent out? It's about a week before my ceremony.
Congratulations, when did you do the test?