+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
I think next step will be test invitation, ghost update meaning someone opened and working on your application that’s what I got from calling IRCC. Now just wait, at least they opened our application and also my application got moved to local centre so just wait. Have a nice weekend. Looks like there is no more update for me this week. I realized they change the updated date in the morning, my application was opened on May 24 and it was updated on May 25 morning. So will update more next week if I receive the next step.

thuong

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
I think it could be when the file being transferred to local office. After that really depends on how fast your local office work.

I did my test yesterday, status changed to completed on the same day.

Hope everyone will get test invitation soon

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: saou17 and a_tkd

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
Online Application -20 Sep 2021
Location - Vancouver
AOR - 7 Dec 2021
Ghost update - 25 May 2022
No email No test invitation after AOR.
Everything is in progress in the tracker. What should I expect next? When?
I'm a YVR applicant too from Nov 2021. Did you get any fingerprint requests or was this your first ever change since the AOR?

Hiren Bhatt

Oct 30, 2017
I think next step will be test invitation, ghost update meaning someone opened and working on your application that’s what I got from calling IRCC. Now just wait, at least they opened our application and also my application got moved to local centre so just wait. Have a nice weekend. Looks like there is no more update for me this week. I realized they change the updated date in the morning, my application was opened on May 24 and it was updated on May 25 morning. So will update more next week if I receive the next step.
Thanks, Have a nice weekend.
What's your time line?

ee5267

Jun 18, 2019
Are there any paper applicants with AOR around dec 22 that are still waiting for test invite?
I see several replies that are saying online applications are delayed, but mine was paper based family application and it is delayed too.
My background check finished way earlier in Jan, but no updates after that.
Does anyone else have similar experience?

Hiren Bhatt

Oct 30, 2017
I just talked with IRCC support and found that, The recent update is security clearance completed. There is still criminality check and background check in process. Test invitation will be after this stage.
I have also verify the file current visa office and it’s local Vancouver office.

Reactions: onkar112

sparknotes

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Ottawa
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
Bad luck for me, got the fingerprint request, mostly likely this will fall into Security Screening blackhole, had to go through this crap in 2018 for Express Entry PR, took 18 months as inland CEC PR Applicant, now I have to suffer this all over again, anyways, let's see where I end up, saw 2 ghosts updates and what followed was the request for fingerprint from Vancouver IRCC office although my office is Scarborough, hopefully I also get the test invite .....

Reactions: grapehair

Javeline

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
AOR Received.
12/4/2017
IELTS Request
Along with application
File Transfer...
12/5/2017
Med's Request
24/4/2018
Med's Done....
11/5/2018 - pass 3 days later
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
23/5/2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2018
LANDED..........
Sep 2018
My Timeline and update:

Application type: Mail - Sydney, NS
Physical presence: 1796 days
Application: Single
Application sent: Sept 27th, 2021
Application received: Oct 1st, 2021
BG Check / Fingerprints request: March 17, 2022
Fingerprints done & Submitted: March 21st, 2022
Citizenship Test Invite: March 31st, 2022
Citizenship Test Done: 19th April, 2022
Fingerprint received on 24th April, 2022
Test updated to Completed on 25th April, 2022
BG Verification updated to Completed on 18th May, 2022

Prohibitions Completed on May 27th, 2022
Physical Presence Completed on May 27th, 2022
Language Skills Completed on May 27th, 2022

ECAS = DECISION MADE

All that's left now is Citizenship Ceremony.
Wow, first of all congratulation.
Secondly, I was surprised and wondered if your case was mine. Some details match perfectly.
I was asked to submit FP on March 1, done next day and FP received on 24 th April 2022.
My invitation came on 5 April, done on 19th April, updated to completed on 25 th April.
BG verification updated to completed on 18th May 2022.
Others still in process!

Did you receive any email to inform you that you have passed all checks and steps?
Thank you!