+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

nvteja

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
I passed the test today. Background verification done. My application is with Scarborough office. Any idea how long will it take to oath for applicants of Scarborough office?
if you are an online applicant it’s a longgg wait. I am a June applicant with test done in Feb. still waiting for other steps to be complete.

nirm.123

May 26, 2022
Hi guys,

September 2021 applicant.
AOR Dec 07,
Ghost update 1: May 19, ghost update 2: May 23.

I received Finger print request yesterday (May 25) but the attached letter in the email does not show my UCI or Application number.

Its like UCI = UCCII and Application Number = Application_Num and my date of birth is listed as: Client_DOB

Is this normal ? or its a glitch where system did not pickup any info from my application.

My online tracker dows not show any update on FP, and 4/6 items are in progress.

What can I do now ? Please advise

Goldexpress

Jan 12, 2017
On tracker all status turned to complete except Citizenship ceremony & ECAS status changed to Decision Made , awaiting next steps / communication .....
All the best to every one...
Time line below
Test Invite: March 17, 2022
Test completed: March 29,2022
ECAS- Decision Made: May 23, 2022
Prohibitions, Language, Physical Presence set to Completed : May 20, 2022
Application / type / location : Paper / Single / Mississauga

Received an update with Oath ceremony scheduled for June 8 , but no email

Reactions: msamajdar

nirm.123

May 26, 2022
Hi guys,

AOR Dec 07,

I received Finger print request yesterday (May 25) but the attached letter in the email does not show my UCI or Application number.

Its like UCI = UCCII and Application Number = Application_Num and my date of birth is listed as: Client_DOB

Is this normal ? or its a glitch where system did not pickup any info from my application.

My online tracker dows not show any update on FP, and 4/6 items are in progress.

Replying to my own post: Just in case someone runs in to the same scenario

I called few finger print agencies and they said its a know issue on IRCC end recently where the UCI and Application number does not show up on the letters. We can still do the fingerprints as we have the application number from our AOR.

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
My ghost update was yesterday I’m expecting another one tmr and the test invitation soon I guess. AOR Dec 10. I think people who had AOR after just need to be patient, it will be your turn soon, like it’s moving slow but it’s moving and almost according to the AOR like first come first serve for online only, not talking about paper based applicants. December 15 should be expecting for ghost update next week.

Goldexpress

Jan 12, 2017
congratulations. I hope they update mine too soon. I have travel plans coming up.
The travel thing has its own complications with passport delays , I am not in a position to plan anything until the passport is my hand and then after that renouncing my home country's citizenship ( since my home country does not allow dual citizenship)
+ applying for visitor visa,. its a long messy road up ahead

oddu

Dec 12, 2014
The travel thing has its own complications with passport delays , I am not in a position to plan anything until the passport is my hand and then after that renouncing my home country's citizenship ( since my home country does not allow dual citizenship)
+ applying for visitor visa,. its a long messy road up ahead
I am on same boat. I will probably wait in the line at passport office for as many hours required and apply for urgent pick up.

If you plans of travelling to your home, then visitor visa would be best option as OCI is taking 2 months

onkar112

Star Member
Apr 5, 2022
My ghost update was yesterday I’m expecting another one tmr and the test invitation soon I guess. AOR Dec 10. I think people who had AOR after just need to be patient, it will be your turn soon, like it’s moving slow but it’s moving and almost according to the AOR like first come first serve for online only, not talking about paper based applicants. December 15 should be expecting for ghost update next week.
Hi,

What is meant by ghost update? Do you get an email for a ghost update?

onkar112

Star Member
Apr 5, 2022
Hi guys,

AOR Dec 07,

Are you online applicant? Waht is a ghost update?