+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

wpg.ca

Star Member
Dec 5, 2021
Hey guys,
Some folks in FB received test invites to write their tests in person. Could it be IRCC resuming in person tests & oath? Any insights?

• Wow
Reactions: thuong

lakehuron

Nov 29, 2021
today I noticed my tracker says itself was "Updated:April 25, 2022"

It is first change since AOR in last NOV

But in below six detail status, there is no change at all

Is it called a ghost update? What will happen next?

Thanks

wpg.ca

Star Member
Dec 5, 2021
Hey guys,
Some folks in FB received test invites to write their tests in person. Could it be IRCC resuming in person tests & oath? Any insights?
Source from FB:
Hello everyone! Today I passed the citizenship test and interview in person at the Toronto office. Thank you, Doris Crosby, for your very helpful notes. Read only your notes and practice the test. The interview was very simple, they just verified my data and that's it.

wpg.ca

Star Member
Dec 5, 2021
today I noticed my tracker says itself was "Updated:April 25, 2022"

It is first change since AOR in last NOV

But in below six detail status, there is no change at all

Is it called a ghost update? What will happen next?

Thanks
Yes, if it’s your first GU, then it’s highly likely that IRCC just started processing your case or transferred your case to local office for processing.

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
Source from FB:
Hello everyone! Today I passed the citizenship test and interview in person at the Toronto office. Thank you, Doris Crosby, for your very helpful notes. Read only your notes and practice the test. The interview was very simple, they just verified my data and that's it.
Now wait for them to quickly process new applications in person while ignoring online applications even more!

Reactions: Melsoob

lakehuron

Nov 29, 2021
Yes, if it’s your first GU, then it’s highly likely that IRCC just started processing your case or transferred your case to local office for processing.
lol that's so encouraging

what if I changed my home address right now? (to another province)

Will they forward my application from province A to province B and further delay the case?

Thanks

wpg.ca

Star Member
Dec 5, 2021
lol that's so encouraging

what if I changed my home address right now? (to another province)

Will they forward my application from province A to province B and further delay the case?

Thanks
Sorry. I’ve no idea regarding this situation.

Btw, did you apply by paper or online?

wpg.ca

Star Member
Dec 5, 2021
I applied online, thought it would be faster than paper based application....
Yes, I agree, too. Paper-based applications are faster, from my observation.
Before submitted my application, I was struggling if I should submit by paper or online. I observed the google spreadsheet tracker and found paper applications are faster. So I decided to submitted by paper, which costed extra ~50 bucks for delivery & printing. I guess this is a premium processing fee. Lol