+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

wpg.ca

Star Member
Dec 5, 2021
Hi all, I just got FP request in tracker this morning. Does anyone know if I can do my FP in local police station without FP request letter? If not, how long does it take to receive the FP request letter?

Reactions: adam1019

BeerBeem

Feb 1, 2022
@SmokeyMugiwara could you please share which was your IRCC processing location and if the application was an Online one

Nabobo

Oct 28, 2021
Hello everyone !!!

just received an update for citizenship test scheduled from March 18 to April 7 2022.
I applied online on Sept 15 2021 got AOR on November 29 2021.

Reactions: Xhosa

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Hi all, I just got FP request in tracker this morning. Does anyone know if I can do my FP in local police station without FP request letter? If not, how long does it take to receive the FP request letter?
Unfortunately, No. You need to have the letter for fingerprinting. Based on reports on this forum, it takes between 1-10 days between update on the tracker and receiving the e-mail instructions. Good luck

wpg.ca

Star Member
Dec 5, 2021
Unfortunately, No. You need to have the letter for fingerprinting. Based on reports on this forum, it takes between 1-10 days between update on the tracker and receiving the e-mail instructions. Good luck
Thanks, mate. I just received the FP letter at 10:30am cst.

Last edited:

citi01

Sep 12, 2021
Hello Folks!
Just received the FP request.
Q. I had already done FP with RCMP for a job in Canada in Jun of 2021, would the RCMP FP report that I got in this case be used for my citizenship app?
or I need to launch a fresh request, any idea?

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Hello Folks!
Just received the FP request.
Q. I had already done FP with RCMP for a job in Canada in Jun of 2021, would the RCMP FP report that I got in this case be used for my citizenship app?
or I need to launch a fresh request, any idea?
I had the same situation, unfortunately you'll need to take them again.

Reactions: citi01

sirliujin

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
The ECAS status of my two daughters' applications are DM today, March 11, 2022.
In status tracker:
Prohibitions: Completed, March 10, 2022;
Physical presence: Completed, March 10, 2022;
Language skills: In progress;
Background verification: In progress;
Citizenship ceremony: In progress;
I selected Citizenship oath in their applications. May I know what is the next step? Thx.

kimi_pat

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Hi Everyone
I applied online in September and received AOR on December 8th, 2021. Since then it is in progress. Is this normal, did anyone online applicant from September received any kind of update so far?
Thanks
Hi there,

I applied on Sept 16 and got AOR on Nov 30. Showing last updated on Dec 1, 2021 and nothing since then.

Hopefully it will move forward soon.

Reactions: raj_g

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Hello Everyone,
Any website to help me get ready for the test?
Many resources online if you Google. Check your local library for info too, some organize preparation classes. Most importantly, read the Discover Canada book really well.

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Hello Everyone,
Any website to help me get ready for the test?
I used a bunch of practice tests made by the Richmond library using the link below which helped a lot.

https://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/

I repeated the full 153 question practice tests, however as DimT44 mentioned above reading the Discover Canada thoroughly is important. I still saw questions that I had no answer for and missed a few questions but managed to pass, my wife who read the DC about 3 times all the way through and did practice tests got a perfect 20/20. I read it once.