Canada
Reactions: Wandering Mind

ANAMAZING

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Hi guys,

I will be submitting my application soon. I have a few questions:
It says on the website :
  • You will be asked to show us the original documents during the processing of your application.
What do they mean by "during the processing of your application" . Do I need to attach the scanned passport on the supporting documents section?

Last edited:

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Hi guys,

It says on the website :
  • You will be asked to show us the original documents during the processing of your application.
What do they mean by "during the processing of your application" . Do I need to attach the scanned passport on the supporting documents section?
It says on the website :

So I can't speak to the online application because we did the family/paper app. We were required to provide all pages of any passports that were valid during our eligibility period. So we provide ALL PAGES of the passports. I personally also took this to mean that they can request original documents as proof whenever they decide, so we anticipate being able to back up any document copies we included with the application, with originals if requested to show at some stage.

The eligibility end date is the day before the date you submit your application. Provide the eligibility end date from your physical presence calculator result.
Whatever date I enter is wrong and it gives me an red exclamation mark. Is this happening with anyone here?

Yup, that happened to me as well. I've seen numerous people with the same issue, it appears to have been happening since they updated to the most recent application form. I left it as is, and included a Letter of Explanation about the issue. It appears that so many people are having the issue that some are just sending as is without any further explanation. The decision is up to you whether you decide to include an LOE.

ANAMAZING

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
It says on the website :

So I can't speak to the online application because we did the family/paper app. We were required to provide all pages of any passports that were valid during our eligibility period. So we provide ALL PAGES of the passports. I personally also took this to mean that they can request original documents as proof whenever they decide, so we anticipate being able to back up any document copies we included with the application, with originals if requested to show at some stage.

The eligibility end date is the day before the date you submit your application. Provide the eligibility end date from your physical presence calculator result.
Whatever date I enter is wrong and it gives me an red exclamation mark. Is this happening with anyone here?

Yup, that happened to me as well. I've seen numerous people with the same issue, it appears to have been happening since they updated to the most recent application form. I left it as is, and included a Letter of Explanation about the issue. It appears that so many people are having the issue that some are just sending as is without any further explanation. The decision is up to you whether you decide to include an LOE.
Thanks for your reply!
I was able to fix the DAY BEFORE error. My eligibility date was in future so it didn't let me enter that. any day until yesterday works!

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
I'm not running into this in online application. Calculator wants to use application date and gives previous date as eligible date and online application takes this previous eligible date just fine.

Reactions: Mthornt

rejjiin

Oct 16, 2019
Hi folks - Good to meet everyone. Just submitted today 2 separate online applications for myself and my wife. Process was pretty smooth and did not hit any roadblocks. I guess we will all be monitoring this board pretty frequently.

Good luck to all.

didouette

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
Hello guys - I have sent my application but unfortunately i found out that I included the "document checklist for adults " instead the one for minors for my kid's application, besides I did not include a birth certificate for my him. So I know my family application is about to be returned to me. My question is: Can I send them the missing documents before they return my application (just to speed up the process?) this is for a Paper application.
Good luck to all

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
Hello guys - I have sent my application but unfortunately i found out that I included the "document checklist for adults " instead the one for minors for my kid's application, besides I did not include a birth certificate for my him. So I know my family application is about to be returned to me. My question is: Can I send them the missing documents before they return my application (just to speed up the process?) this is for a Paper application.
Good luck to all
I dont know may be @rajkamalmohanram can guide you?

Meanwhile could you please share following information for me to enter into the tracking sheet:

Application type: Paper
Application: family
Application sent:
Application received:

Reactions: didouette

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
Hi folks - Good to meet everyone. Just submitted today 2 separate online applications for myself and my wife. Process was pretty smooth and did not hit any roadblocks. I guess we will all be monitoring this board pretty frequently.

Good luck to all.
Please send me you following information :

Application type:
Application:
Application sent:
Application received

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Good luck to all
Not sure, people don't usually do that AFAIK. When your application is returned, you'll receive a document mention what incorrect documents were submitted and what documents were missing. You'll have to submit that letter along with the package you send again AFAIK.

May be someone who has got their application returned for this reason might be able to help you out!

Reactions: didouette

a_tkd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Nomination.....
23-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Hi All,

I just submitted my application (details in my signature).

Reactions: Wandering Mind