+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
your situation is better than mine. My test is completed only. Everything else is in progress and oath not started.
Same situation. No update since test and fingerprints 2-3 months ago. Passed the one year mark from submission date. No response to 'free' gcms requests, will try paid.

Reactions: ROCK ON

Mohamed khalf

Sep 13, 2017
Hi everyone , requested gcms the status of file routine pending clearance , everything completed except language and BG , how long it usually take for clearces, I can see the criminality passed , Secuirty is hidden

ASAlHourani

Feb 22, 2018
Hello,

I applied last September, got the background check early on, then wrote the test last March, no update since. The last update was always Mar 17th.
I requested the GCMS Nnotes maybe 2-3 months ago with no response till now.
Now the last update changed to Sep 27th but I do not see any changes! What does that mean?!

Thanks!

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Hello,

I applied last September, got the background check early on, then wrote the test last March, no update since. The last update was always Mar 17th.
I requested the GCMS Nnotes maybe 2-3 months ago with no response till now.
Now the last update changed to Sep 27th but I do not see any changes! What does that mean?!

Thanks!
Sounds like a ghost update. Perhaps your file was opened. Watch out for an update!

mikemma.9295

Jul 31, 2018
Waterloo
Hi, guys. I want to know is it mandatory to have the PR card during the citizenship oath. What should I do if I have my PR card lost? Can I still attend or do I need to report to someone?
You can attend the oath ceremony without PR card, i.e., if its lost, stolen, or damaged. You will have to send completed Solemn Declaration Form to the oath email address. Please read below statement. I have copied it directly from my Notice to Appear for oath ceremony.

If your Permanent resident card was lost, stolen, destroyed or never received, contact us as soon as possible, complete a Solemn Declaration form and return it to us at this e-mail address immediately (and not at the Sydney, Nova Scotia address listed on the website).

Link for Solemn Declaration Form - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/solemn-declaration-lost-stolen-destroyed-never-received-permanent-resident-card.html

Email address would be same as the one that sent you the Notice to Appear. In my case, its IRCC.DNMBSKCITCEREMONIES-CEREMONIESCITMBSKRN.IRCC1@cic.gc.ca

kari1133

Aug 15, 2021
Today I got reply from the MP near home. This is what I got. I don't know what the add he did !!!

• Application received on: Sep 11, 2021
  • Office currently processing this application: Scarborough Office
  • Online knowledge test is passed.
  • Language and residency assessments are not started (pending).
  • Criminality verification: Passed
  • Security verification: Passed
  • No new request for information (nothing outstanding currently).
  • The current estimated processing time for citizenship grant application is about 26 months.
Did you call or write to him/her?

madhur.k

Apr 1, 2022
Hi there,

Completed my online interview on 28th sept. As of 29th sept, all prohibitions, language and physical presence is complete. Oath not started yet.
Admin, please update the tracker. All the best everyone!

wickerman

Jun 20, 2017
Today I got reply from the MP near home. This is what I got. I don't know what the add he did !!!

• Application received on: Sep 11, 2021
  • Office currently processing this application: Scarborough Office
  • Online knowledge test is passed.
  • Language and residency assessments are not started (pending).
  • Criminality verification: Passed
  • Security verification: Passed
  • No new request for information (nothing outstanding currently).
  • The current estimated processing time for citizenship grant application is about 26 months.
26 months, for christ sakes!! That means next year! Absolutely ridiculous!

Mohamed khalf

Sep 13, 2017
we have applied as afamily in September last year
My file was completed on June 22
My wife is pending background and language
My file was showing Decsion made and on 16 sep retuned to in process and there a ghost update at the same date
What is the meaning of this?
any advice should I split my application and the kids application from her file or this will delay the process more?
her BG is pending since January almost 9 months now .
please advice what is going on our files , her fie status on ATIP is Routine- Pending clearnce

Last edited: