+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 Visa Applications

ryanshirazi

Apr 3, 2020
Hi All
I am from India.

I have all my documents ready to apply through Student Direct Stream (SDS) for September 2020 (Fall term). Online applications are still being accepted however, even if I apply now the processing still depends upon submitting biometrics. So there will be a delay till VFS Global (Biometrics Center) is open. India is on lockdown till at least 3rd May.

Do you guys recommend I wait till the biometrics center opens or should I go ahead with applying now? What are you or people you know doing?

I was thinking it would be better to just apply, get the instructions letter, and wait for whenever the bio metrics center opens. This way I’ve done my part and come in queue for the visa processing. If I wait then there might be an influx of applications which can lead to further delay.

Thanks for your Help!

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
Hi All
I am from India.

I have all my documents ready to apply through Student Direct Stream (SDS) for September 2020 (Fall term). Online applications are still being accepted however, even if I apply now the processing still depends upon submitting biometrics. So there will be a delay till VFS Global (Biometrics Center) is open. India is on lockdown till at least 3rd May.

Do you guys recommend I wait till the biometrics center opens or should I go ahead with applying now? What are you or people you know doing?

I was thinking it would be better to just apply, get the instructions letter, and wait for whenever the bio metrics center opens. This way I’ve done my part and come in queue for the visa processing. If I wait then there might be an influx of applications which can lead to further delay.

Thanks for your Help!
u should apply because later may be too many application and boimatric letter can come late .

Reactions: ryanshirazi

QWERTYKING

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Hi All
I am from India.

Thanks for your Help!
Apply now my dude!

nikita5890

Apr 29, 2019
Hi
Iam in the same situation! What about medical clearance ? Can I still apply for my SDS visa online and get the medical done later due to the lockdown situation ?

ryanshirazi

Apr 3, 2020
Hi
Iam in the same situation! What about medical clearance ? Can I still apply for my SDS visa online and get the medical done later due to the lockdown situation ?
Hey,

The short answer to your question is, Yes you can do that.

However, according to the CIC website (https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1420&top=3)
Once we receive the biometrics instructions letter, we have 30 days to submit our biometrics. Ideally, once an applicant applies online and pays the biometrics fee at the same time, the instructions letter is received within a day or two.

So in my opinion it totally depends upon, if we receive the letter within a day after we apply and it has extended validity.
OR
We receive the letter after the lockdown is over.
OR
We receive the letter within a day and the validity is still 30 days. In this case, if the lockdown is extended and the validity of the letter has expired, then I think we will have to request for another. Hopefully this is not the case.

I am going to apply soon and shall let you know what happens. Lets hope for the best.

Sanyamkhullar

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
Hey,

The short answer to your question is, Yes you can do that.

However, according to the CIC website (https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1420&top=3)
Once we receive the biometrics instructions letter, we have 30 days to submit our biometrics. Ideally, once an applicant applies online and pays the biometrics fee at the same time, the instructions letter is received within a day or two.

So in my opinion it totally depends upon, if we receive the letter within a day after we apply and it has extended validity.
OR
We receive the letter after the lockdown is over.
OR
We receive the letter within a day and the validity is still 30 days. In this case, if the lockdown is extended and the validity of the letter has expired, then I think we will have to request for another. Hopefully this is not the case.

I am going to apply soon and shall let you know what happens. Lets hope for the best.
Validity for Biometric is now 90 days after the lockdown was in place.

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
Because of the lockdown am not able to get an appointment, So is there any ways ?
You can submit your application without out but just remember visa may request it later so sometimes its better to just do it at the beginning.

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
I am not seeing any updates about SDS or non-SDS approval cases from India on this forum.
Can anyone share the link if there is an active discussion about this? Thanks.