+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** September 2020 - Outland Spousal (Family Class) Sponsorship ***

JenniferinFL

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
I wanted to put out there an opinion that I have, I think the CIC is greatly looking into the country’s current situation which has to do with the reopening of VACs in specific areas...like in Philippines, we have 2 VACs here and it just reopened a month ago or two.. what’s the point of issuing AOR and/or biometrics if the applicant has no capacity to proceed at the moment.. this is I think an intelligent point to consider.. just saying..and with USA applicants, it’s hard to say but for sure a lot knows that borders of Canada are still close for all travels from the said country.
The border being closed between the US and Canada doesn't apply to returning Canadians and their spouses and children. I could show up at the border and so long as I have proof of my husband's Canadian citizenship, proof of our relationship, a quarantine plan and enough evidence I would leave the country at the end of my visit; I could enter the country without issue.

Reactions: Inonoje

CottonAn

Mar 3, 2020
The border being closed between the US and Canada doesn't apply to returning Canadians and their spouses and children. I could show up at the border and so long as I have proof of my husband's Canadian citizenship, proof of our relationship, a quarantine plan and enough evidence I would leave the country at the end of my visit; I could enter the country without issue.
Yes indeed.
The "border" was closed when the pandemic first hit.
Yet, they have already open up a few months ago already for non-canadians travelling with family member who is a citizen or PR. They consider this essential travel so no problem at all.

jclarke99

May 10, 2020
Help me here, as I'm interpreting that there are still some constraints. If you're a PR or have been approved to be a PR, then yes the travel restrictions are removed. But if you don't yet have PR approval, you can travel to Canada, but you must stay for at least 15 days, and that you'll quarantine for 14 days. So, fine if you plan to stay more then 15 days, but not so if it's for a shorter visit. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

Last edited:
Reactions: rizwan23arif

Jannat1

Jul 27, 2018
Please I need a clarification in filling a country specific form
IMM5562 - SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION YOUR TRAVELS

Under question 2B, where it says to list all the trips taken by the spouse, I am the sponsor & spouse (i live in Canada), do i have to list all the trips i have taken OR this question doesn't apply to me?

Thank you

CanadianCatLady

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Hi everyone. My application was received in Sydney on September 15. I called today to ask if I have a temp number yet and was told I’m not in the system. Does anyone from September have a temp number yet?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Please I need a clarification in filling a country specific form
IMM5562 - SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION YOUR TRAVELS

Under question 2B, where it says to list all the trips taken by the spouse, I am the sponsor & spouse (i live in Canada), do i have to list all the trips i have taken OR this question doesn't apply to me?

Thank you
Applies to the PA not sponsor.

JenniferinFL

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Hi everyone. My application was received in Sydney on September 15. I called today to ask if I have a temp number yet and was told I’m not in the system. Does anyone from September have a temp number yet?
My spouse and I are both in the US, so unfortunately the number doesn't work for me to even check. I did attempt to send in an update for my application, my husband's employer's name changed, so, sent in that update. I'll let you know if they respond.

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
I saw on another thread earlier this month that someone from Aug 5 received their temp number but that's it.

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
I saw on another thread earlier this month that someone from Aug 5 received their temp number but that's it.
There are 13 applicants from August 2020 with AORs, so safe to assume most of them have Temp Numbers. I asked through my MP, was recommended to check back mid of December. I am mid-September applicant.