+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** September 2020 - Outland Spousal (Family Class) Sponsorship ***

JenniferinFL

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Good information, I didn't know that. A little surprising they're focusing on inland given the news that the Minister was going to fast track Family Class Sponsorships to re-unite families. Regardless hope this means the system overall is moving again.
If you check out the inland ones, it's all mostly happened in the last couple weeks. It could just be that Nova Scotia is a couple weeks behind in whatever changed in the process. They aren't actually checking the applications for completeness, just scanning them in and sending a temporary file number. It would save them a ton of phone calls doing that. I have to admit, I compulsively read all the other threads.. lol

Hopefully they will start the same process soon for the apps sent to Nova Scotia.

Inland happened fast though, so I keep checking in hopes that the same process starts for Outland. :)

Reactions: Korion

bcakes

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
The sponsor has a new job. We submitted employment certificate and payroll records from previous employer as sponsor was employed there when we submitted our application. How do we update them about change of job status without AOR? Would they return the application because of this? Sponsor submitted NOA and other proofs that sponsor is financially capable like bank records, property under name, investments, etc.

Dave8008

Jun 29, 2018
Hello, My spouse applied spouse visas for me, and CIC in Sydney NS received it today. She is PR in Canada and I am in the United States on an H1b visa. How long does it take to receive the acknowledgment from CIC? I would if someone shares the next process I shall expect.

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Hello, My spouse applied spouse visas for me, and CIC in Sydney NS received it today. She is PR in Canada and I am in the United States on an H1b visa. How long does it take to receive the acknowledgment from CIC? I would if someone shares the next process I shall expect.
If you look at the Google sheets linked at the start of this thread you can see that applicants from March 2020 are getting their acknowledgement from CIC. There have been recent changes that indicate the Canadian government is speeding up the process so hopefully we'll all get notification sooner than 6 months from filing.

Reactions: Dave8008

akhilvarma90

May 14, 2017
Kochi, Kerala, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
29-04-2017
Nomination.....
04-05-2017
AOR Received.
06-05
Passport Req..
01-09-2017
Hi Everyone,

I sent my documents on 28th and might reach them sometime this week. Unfortunately, I sent copies of my wife's Indian PCC. Will my application be sent back? Should I send them the originals now?

Rav.d

Aug 22, 2019
Hi. I'm asking for a friend. One of friends spousal application returned due to incomplete after 4 months. Just wondering if she has to sign again as its over 90 days old? Also pictures are older than 6 months as of today. Does she need new pictures of spouse? Any information will be really helful. Thanks

Kiran90

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
18-02-2018
Passport Req..
18-07-2018
Hi everyone. I already submitted PR application for my spouse who lives in the US. I was wondering whether it is okay if he could come to Canada on visitors visa (he already has it) to meet me. Will this affect out application? He has never come to Canada before.

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Glad to know I'm not the only one. I'm trying to keep myself sane by not reading the Inland posts. Good to have a second set of eyes scanning the forums. :D
Looking at the Inland family class google sheets - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1LxDFjvZn-XR9uZpGbPTORYKQf0BMquSXNw0RvmqvZNU/htmlview#

It looks like even Sept 2020 Inland applications are getting biometric reminders and temp file #'s. This is great the progress CIC has made. Like @JenniferinFL said, hopefully this means they'll tackle Sydney and Outland applications next! Having a confirmation of receipt would be a great start to the countdown clock.

Feeling good.

Reactions: bcakes and rrss13

CanadianCatLady

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
I would like to know how the application needs to be organized for the spouse sponsorship under Family Class for outland. We have prepared/filled all the documents stated in the Document Checklist. We don't have a proper reference for organizing the same. Can someone help us with that as we are planning to apply for September 2020. Do we need t have cover letter ??
Place them on top of each other in the order of the checklist.

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
Looking at the Inland family class google sheets - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1LxDFjvZn-XR9uZpGbPTORYKQf0BMquSXNw0RvmqvZNU/htmlview#

It looks like even Sept 2020 Inland applications are getting biometric reminders and temp file #'s. This is great the progress CIC has made. Like @JenniferinFL said, hopefully this means they'll tackle Sydney and Outland applications next! Having a confirmation of receipt would be a great start to the countdown clock.

Feeling good.
This is very interesting. Where do they go once they are done with all the Inland applications ( should take 1-2 weeks max at this rate)? Personally, I think end of October we will all have a good idea when our AORs are going to be coming. If they can knock of March and April AORs with the increased focus on Spousal PRs, then given the lower number of applications in May-Sep, we might be able to see us getting AORs by Jan or Feb. Which would be big given the rate they have been going at recently.

Dave8008

Jun 29, 2018
Right, total number of pages is dependent on how many extra fields so yours could be 4 pages.

Yes, you need to sign it with pen as well.

As it asked for the electronic so I sent them with only written name on it. Does that impact on file? Since there was no instruction of signing it with a pen.

expatgoingback

Sep 10, 2020
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
As it asked for the electronic so I sent them with only written name on it. Does that impact on file? Since there was no instruction of signing it with a pen.
There are three or four signatures required, that's clearly stated in the guidelines. From what I understand, if you didn't sign with a pen your application will be returned.

Dave8008

Jun 29, 2018
There are three or four signatures required, that's clearly stated in the guidelines. From what I understand, if you didn't sign with a pen your application will be returned.
@expatgoingback, I guess you misunderstood,I am particularly asking about the IMM5669 where it is asking for only one signature and that is electronic. Apologies for the confusion.

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Place them on top of each other in the order of the checklist.
This is correct. Also, the documentation notes to put the barcode sheets from the various other forms immediately after the checklist.

Do not staple anything or put them into plastic sleeves (per instructions).

Last edited: