+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** September 2020 - Outland Spousal (Family Class) Sponsorship ***

Mjg0503

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
Silly question, I still can't even get a temporary number. My application arrived at the end of September. We were hoping to move over quickly to be able to use medical services.

Basically, I need to see a doctor and I can't get insurance. I'm trying to stall, but, our only other option is going to be to get divorced so I can qualify for a subsidy on the marketplace which I cannot currently get because my husband's employer offers a plan which doesn't cover me. Which, of course, will torpedo any ability to ever move over to Canada for me.

If we're divorced, but continue to live together as we've done for the previous 15 years, can we qualify under common law?

US healthcare SUCKS.

You should be exempt from travel restrictions in Canada if you enter with your husband and wait for your application to be completed. During that time, you should be able to take out private health insurance rather cheaply while you wait to qualify for provincial healthcare. I don't know your exact situation, but based on my research it's much cheaper than what you can expect to pay in America, even through the exchanges.

https://settlement.org/ontario/health/ohip-and-health-insurance/private-insurance/where-can-i-buy-private-health-insurance-for-newcomers-and-visitors-to-canada/

expatgoingback

Sep 10, 2020
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Silly question, I still can't even get a temporary number. My application arrived at the end of September. We were hoping to move over quickly to be able to use medical services.

Basically, I need to see a doctor and I can't get insurance. I'm trying to stall, but, our only other option is going to be to get divorced so I can qualify for a subsidy on the marketplace which I cannot currently get because my husband's employer offers a plan which doesn't cover me. Which, of course, will torpedo any ability to ever move over to Canada for me.

If we're divorced, but continue to live together as we've done for the previous 15 years, can we qualify under common law?

US healthcare SUCKS.

It seems highly unlikely that you will be getting your PR any time soon. As for getting divorced, I assume you'd have to redo the entire application and would be adding a whole other layer of complexity to it. Is your husband not even able to add you to his plan by paying an additional cost?

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020

US healthcare SUCKS.
If you can wait a little longer it's starting to move now. Over 60% of the people on the Google sheets have received their AOR and SA, BIL, & MR days after that. There are applicants in Aug 2020 that have DM and there's a crazy Feb '21 (yes '21) person that has their DM so it appears IRCC is really trying to move quickly.

Have you tried to download the Burner app to get a Canadian number to get your temp number and inquire on the file status?

I'm not expert but my gut tells me if you divorce then you'll have to wait the full year to reach common-law status before being able to apply.

expatgoingback

Sep 10, 2020
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
If you can wait a little longer it's starting to move now. Over 60% of the people on the Google sheets have received their AOR and SA, BIL, & MR days after that. There are applicants in Aug 2020 that have DM and there's a crazy Feb '21 (yes '21) person that has their DM so it appears IRCC is really trying to move quickly.

Have you tried to download the Burner app to get a Canadian number to get your temp number and inquire on the file status?

I'm not expert but my gut tells me if you divorce then you'll have to wait the full year to reach common-law status before being able to apply.
It still looks highly unlikely that anyone is going to get PR in less than a year. I'm all for being positive but the reality is that it's going to take longer than a year.

eks123

Dec 1, 2020
Hello, after doing a medial exam, so they send the information over? Or do I have to submit something online ?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
You should be exempt from travel restrictions in Canada if you enter with your husband and wait for your application to be completed. During that time, you should be able to take out private health insurance rather cheaply while you wait to qualify for provincial healthcare. I don't know your exact situation, but based on my research it's much cheaper than what you can expect to pay in America, even through the exchanges.

https://settlement.org/ontario/health/ohip-and-health-insurance/private-insurance/where-can-i-buy-private-health-insurance-for-newcomers-and-visitors-to-canada/
Not many private healthcare insurance companies are going to cover a pre-existing condition and if they do it will be very expensive. There are so many restrictions and riders on many policies that make them useless unless it is due to an accident or acute illness.

Shabi0099

Apr 1, 2021
Hey, my spouse sponsorship received by cpc sydney in sep 2020 outland and in march 2021, i got file number and still waiting for csq request letter or further step from ircc
(I filled all application my self with friend help who applied his wife file and approved )
Today my another friend call me who’s also live in Quebec told me he sponsored his wife and application prepared through consultant in January 2021, got file number and also request for csq and he send file to midi ,his wife did biometric also,
1.)just wondering is that effect applied through consultant effect processing time?
2.)Just want to know any one,who’s applied between September 2020 to January 2021 get csq request or i am alone who’s file is delyed ?
Or
Please share your timeline
3.) cic published last week they working on may 2019 files, is that possible my friend application so fast ?

JenniferinFL

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
It seems highly unlikely that you will be getting your PR any time soon. As for getting divorced, I assume you'd have to redo the entire application and would be adding a whole other layer of complexity to it. Is your husband not even able to add you to his plan by paying an additional cost?
The additional cost to be added to my husbands plan is more than he earns and double what I earn.

JenniferinFL

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019

I'm definitely not going to withdraw it at this point- I just know that I made enough little errors where there's a possibility of it getting returned. I hadn't looked at the other sheets recently, I didn't realize that everyone else passed us long ago.. lol I was picturing another 7 month wait to AOR or returned app. At least it looks like if I had to resubmit now I would know much sooner if I'd made a mistake.
What's interesting is that I just got a Biometrics letter tonight, so at least it looks like it's not lost. No AOR though, so, still don't know, but, at least not lost.

I've tried a couple apps to call and didn't have any luck whatsoever. But, at least, thanks to the Biometrics letter I at least have a number to search for though it's not in ECAS yet.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I'm definitely not going to withdraw it at this point- I just know that I made enough little errors where there's a possibility of it getting returned. I hadn't looked at the other sheets recently, I didn't realize that everyone else passed us long ago.. lol I was picturing another 7 month wait to AOR or returned app. At least it looks like if I had to resubmit now I would know much sooner if I'd made a mistake.
What's interesting is that I just got a Biometrics letter tonight, so at least it looks like it's not lost. No AOR though, so, still don't know, but, at least not lost.

I've tried a couple apps to call and didn't have any luck whatsoever. But, at least, thanks to the Biometrics letter I at least have a number to search for though it's not in ECAS yet.
If you got biometrics, aor is done and it won't be returned, they just haven't sent you the email.

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020

Congrats on the biometric! AOR, SA and Medical should be coming within a week and it means your fill will NOT be returned! Try setting up GKey as there's more details there. Be sure to update the google sheets with your info.

Congrats again @JenniferinFL

Okotoks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Please clarify my query:
If I got my visa, what is its validity? I am still studying in my home country and do not wish to go to Canada before September 2022. Thanks

jclarke99

May 10, 2020
Please clarify my query:
If I got my visa, what is its validity? I am still studying in my home country and do not wish to go to Canada before September 2022. Thanks
Visa or PR approval? For PR approval, you generally have 1 year from your medical exam before that expires. You should try to land in Canada before that expiration to formalize PR status. You can then return to your home country until you're ready to move to Canada in Sept 2022. Once you've established your PR status, you need to live in Canada 730 days in next 5 years (so, that's why you don't need to move immediately).

Reactions: Okotoks

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Please clarify my query:
Once you're approved your CoPR is valid until your medical expires but not more than 1 year. You will have to "land" prior to the expiry. Once you do land you have to be in Canada 3 out of 5 years (with a few exceptions) in order to maintain your PR status.

Reactions: Okotoks