+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 intake, pending application

Rayne

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Hi, does anyone here have the same situation with me?

I have submitted my application last March 10, 2020. My supposed to be scheduled Biometrics was on March 16, 2020, however, due to the threat of Covid I was not able to cross the border where the VAC is located...

Upon checking my application status, it says that 'We are processing your application'..

Indicated in my Letter of Acceptence the deadline of my Study Permit which was supposed to be last June 1, 2020.. But weeks before that, I already asked for an extension from the school, and luckily they granted me until July 3...

I am afraid that I can't still provide my biometrics this month.. Can anyone give me an idea on what will happen on my school application? Or what could be the possibilities?

vikenfirakezi

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Hi, does anyone here have the same situation with me?

I have submitted my application last March 10, 2020. My supposed to be scheduled Biometrics was on March 16, 2020, however, due to the threat of Covid I was not able to cross the border where the VAC is located...

Upon checking my application status, it says that 'We are processing your application'..

Indicated in my Letter of Acceptence the deadline of my Study Permit which was supposed to be last June 1, 2020.. But weeks before that, I already asked for an extension from the school, and luckily they granted me until July 3...

I am afraid that I can't still provide my biometrics this month.. Can anyone give me an idea on what will happen on my school application? Or what could be the possibilities?
Hi.
What intake did u apply for?
Deadline (LOA) for what? Payment?

Rayne

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
For September 2020 intake.. Class will start on August 31, 2020.

As per LOA - I need to have a study permit already by June 1, 2020 and was extended to July 3, 2020.

vikenfirakezi

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
I
For September 2020 intake.. Class will start on August 31, 2020.

As per LOA - I need to have a study permit already by June 1, 2020 and was extended to July 3, 2020.
I see, if u r not able to complete ur application and get study permit, u have no other option rather than do defer to jan 2021 intake.
My LOA doesn't state anything about study permit deadline. The classes start on sep 8th and I can withdraw my LOA until sep 21st.
Still kinda waiting for my visa.

Rayne

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
I

I see, if u r not able to complete ur application and get study permit, u have no other option rather than do defer to jan 2021 intake.
My LOA doesn't state anything about study permit deadline. The classes start on sep 8th and I can withdraw my LOA until sep 21st.
Still kinda waiting for my visa.
Thanks for that info.

Have you heard about the IRCC news regarding the processing that they will let the application open until the applicant can provide the lacking requirement (biometrics on my situation)... I am not on how will it impact my application?

vikenfirakezi

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Thanks for that info.

Have you heard about the IRCC news regarding the processing that they will let the application open until the applicant can provide the lacking requirement (biometrics on my situation)... I am not on how will it impact my application?
Yes, I assume ur application will be on hold until VACs are open to accept ur Biometrics. While this period ur application won't be refused just bcs of the lack of Biometrics.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html

Manvi Nijhawan

Feb 8, 2020
Hello !

I really want to know if you guys are still thinking about September intake ? Mine is September intake, everything’s done but have to apply for Visa. Even if I defer it to January intake, there might be a case that we will have to study Online for months and that too from India.
Can anybody please suggest me what to do ?
How are you guys planning. I am not sure if I should take this risk ?

Manvi Nijhawan

Feb 8, 2020
Some are saying that there’s a possibility that you will have to do the major part of your course online. Is it worth going for this option with a lot of uncertainty. Please do help me with your suggestions.